New DB coach

If this comes to fruition, kudos to Bo. I'm impressed with his recruiting resume and ties. As I've been saying, as well as a few earlier, in regards to the situation at Tennessee, one more season without a bowl(Which is possible), Dooley and his staff will be gone. So the choice to come to NU should be a relatively easy one.

like the recruiting angle on this one. this is kind of what I was hoping for. would have been nice if his recruiting connections where ohio/jersey/pennsylvania instead of Louisiana. hopefully his ties to the south can translate into similar recruiting success to the Big10 as it did to the SEC. it's still a tough sell to get that LA/GA kid up north. hopefully he can sell academics to some of these southern kids, because they won't be getting that in the SEC.

I don't want to fall into the trap of focusing recruiting in traditional Big Ten hotbeds. We should get kids out of there if we can, but we should not ignore California, Texas, Florida, the South in general, New Jersey.... we need to remain national.

I kindof have a feeling that Bo realizes this ALOT. Plus, the talent in that region is not near as good as down south.

I read on the Worldwide Leader that Tennessee has lost 6 assistant coaches since the end of the season. Only Joseph and the Offensive Coordinator remain from Dooley's original staff. Seems like he had better jump ship before it sinks! He seems like a pretty decent potential hire to me. GBR

• Fire 1

I don't want to fall into the trap of focusing recruiting in traditional Big Ten hotbeds. We should get kids out of there if we can, but we should not ignore California, Texas, Florida, the South in general, New Jersey.... we need to remain national.

I agree, but I'd guess the percentage is much higher when we're talking those northern recruits. He hired that firm to improve efficiencies on the staff...but recruiting LA/GA/FL/TN, this guy is probably going to miss a much higher percentage than someone with equal connections to schools up north. I think it's great that he's got those connections and overall i'm really happy w/ the hire. I just think he's going to find it much more difficult convincing these southern kids go to Nebraska than he did LATech/TN - so it's tough to judge just how great of a recruiter he is.

We're tropical compared to most Big10 schools...I'd like to see what a good Big10 regional recruiter could do for us. In addition - every big time recruit we pull out of the north is a recruit that won't be playing against us at Ohio State/Michigan/Iowa.