TE Beau Sandland [Miami Commit]

Nexus

Da skers is saying we have another guy who committed to us during BRW and im thinking its Beau. Some of the comments ive read from his interviews and other things lead me to believe he is heavily leaning N.

He is bringing his mom for a second visit (hasnt been scheduled yet), and i can see him committing on the visit or shortly after. He absolutely loved his visit here.

He wont have time to take all his officials being he is a JUCO and plays on saturdays, and is graduating in Dec, which is a big help, even thou he loves it here.

He is graduating in Dec, will be here in January and will start from day one.

He will be N!! Book it.

Da skers is saying we have another guy who committed to us during BRW and im thinking its Beau. Some of the comments ive read from his interviews and other things lead me to believe he is heavily leaning N.

He is bringing his mom for a second visit (hasnt been scheduled yet), and i can see him committing on the visit or shortly after. He absolutely loved his visit here.

He wont have time to take all his officials being he is a JUCO and plays on saturdays, and is graduating in Dec, which is a big help, even thou he loves it here.

He will be N!! Book it.

I hope you're right fowler! Like you mentioned, he would contribute immediately.

With Hart as an exception, I can't remember the last highly touted TE that we landed.. Would be a great get, no doubt

He will be N!! Book it.

I hope you're right fowler! Like you mentioned, he would contribute immediately.

With Hart as an exception, I can't remember the last highly touted TE that we landed.. Would be a great get, no doubt

Pretty bold prediction but I like it! :) Hope you are correct as he could be an immediate difference maker.

He will be N!! Book it.

Chase Harper, and we all know how that turned out.

Top Juco TE Sets Visits This story originally published on FOXSportsNEXT.com 1064533.jpg

By Yancy Porter

Mississippi Scout

Posted Jul 13, 2012

736867.jpg

Share on twitterShare on facebook|More Sharing ServicesMore

Beau Sandland out of L.A. Pierce CC is the top juco tight end in the country. Colleges have lined up from coast to coast to try and garner his signature. The decision is not expected to come in the immediate future but the 6' 6", 250-pounder has begun to set up his official visits. To learn more, read below.

follow_me-c.png

"I already took an official visit to Nebraska last month," added Beau. "I am getting something lined up with Oklahoma in August. I am still talking to their coaches about getting that date set up, and I am taking an official visit to Ole Miss in September (16th)."

Beau Sandland also has a couple of unofficial visits on tap.

"I am going to Arizona State next weekend (July 20th), and Arizona is pushing to get me over there for a one day visit while I am on that trip. I am also going to Cal sometime this summer with my parents."

What will Sandland want to find out about each school during his visits?

"I am looking at a lot of things in my decision making process. I want to see how they utilize their tight ends. I want to go in a passing offense that spreads the ball around. I want to go in an offense that gets the ball to the tight ends. That would make it very appealing for me. I want to feel comfortable around their campus and get a good quality education. I have to be able to click with their staff and players. All of the big time programs are going to put you on TV, have a ton of fans, big stadiums and weight rooms. What is going to set a school a part for me is their staff. That is going to make the biggest difference for me, their staff."

Beau wants to become a complete tight end with eyes on the NFL.

"The thing I am working on the most right now is my explosiveness in run blocking. I want to become a better inline blocker. I want to get my technique down. I feel like when I do that I will be a complete player. My biggest strength is receiving but to make it in the league you have to do both. I like to catch the ball more than anything and now you are seeing some of those in the league like the Saints and New England's tight ends, but I feel with my 6' 6", 250 pound frame I can go out there and be just as dominate in blocking as I am catching the ball. I have a lot of advantages because of my size and bring a lot of mismatches to the table."

Sandland talks about his Nebraska trip.

"I loved it. It was my first official visit so I kind of had an idea of what to expect but it exceeded my expectations. I liked it so much that I am bringing my mom back in August so she can see it for herself. I want her to see the town, meet the coaches, and just the whole nine yards. It is definitely a school that will remain high on my list. They will be a part of it until the end."

What is going on with Ole Miss?

"Ole Miss has been with me from the start of my recruitment. They were like the third school to offer me in February. They have been on board the whole time. We both have a lot of interest in one another. I have built a good relationship with coaches (Hugh) Freeze and (Maurice) Harris. Coach (Chris) Kiffin came to watch Marquel Combs and spotted me. Coach Harris then came out here to watch me, and I talk to coach Freeze almost every week on the phone. They are just on me real hard."

What has stood out about the Rebels up to this point?

"Obviously, first and foremost, they play in the SEC and that is the best conference in the country. That makes it very appealing. I just think it is an exciting time to go to Ole Miss with coach Freeze there now. He had success when he was there as an assistant and brought in a ton of players who are doing well in the league. They are landing a lot of big time recruits right now and have committed two of the top quarterbacks in the country. I know there will be someone there to get the ball in my hands, and I know coach Freeze runs the type of offense to get the ball in my hands. He is going to spread the ball around and play an up tempo offense and you do not see a lot of that in the SEC. It's a real exciting offense, and they have a lot of tradition at Ole Miss. They have just been down the last couple of seasons."

Oklahoma's tradition makes them very appealing.

"A lot of the same things that make Ole Miss so appealing to me makes Oklahoma appealing to me. They have so much tradition and coach (Bobby) Stoops has had tremendous success. He will go down as one of the all time greats. Just to be able to play for a legend makes them so appealing."

What stands out the most about the Sooners?

"Being to play in the Big 12 conference. I feel like it is the best offensive conference in the country. The SEC likes to pound the ball at you and bully you around. The Big 12 likes to sling it around. I just love Oklahoma's tradition. They expect to win the national championship every year. Not a lot of programs can say that. They have also done a great job with their past tight ends under coach Stoops. He has produced a lot of All-American tight ends. I also have a very strong relationship with their tight end coach. I also have a former teammate who plays for them now, and he has experienced it firsthand. He says I would fit right in."

• Fire 1

He seemed high on the Huskers because it was his first visit and it exceeded what he thought. He seems to speak very highly of Oklahoma, their tradition, what they do with the TE and the offensive tendencies of the Big 12. Thus, from what I read I would think he would visit Oklahoma and be more then impressed with the Sooners and feel that being a better fit then the :bigredn:

We shall find out as it unfolds.

The clinic that Bill Billichik gave for the Husker coaches a few months back, showing them among other things how they use the tight ends in their offense can't be a bad thing for the Husker coaching staff as they talk to Beau. No doubt Tim Beck is drawing up some new plays to show Beau on his next visit.

Scared you that Nebraska is going to a passing offense or that our offense isn't enough of a passing offense to attract Beau? I don't think Pelini or Beck is willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater to attract one recruit. However I do think they are looking for more balence in our offense and be able to spread the ball around to a number of players. This makes the defense pay attention to more than the line of scrimmage and away from the box. Sandland could be a key to making the 2013 offense one of the best in the country.

he could and yes i was saying that because we dont have a passing offense to attract him. I agrree with everything you said though I really think we should and will pass the ball more this year.

In an interview with Hart, he said thats what attracted him to NU. The fact that we are going to start throwing the ball more and be more balanced. Beck sat him down and told him his vision of what he wants the offense to look like, and he said Beck told him he wants to open up the passing game.

From Husker Journal. This kid is a difference making weapon at tight end...would really like to see him at NU.

JULY 18, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS BEAU SANDLAND, TE, 6-6, 250, 4.6, WOODLAND HILLS (PIERCE CC), CALIFORNIA

Beau has offers from Nebraska, Oklahoma, Arizona State, California-Berkeley, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Miami, Utah and many more.

“I liked a lot of things about it.” Sandland said about his June visit to Nebraska with a return visit later. “The highlight of the trip was just the people. All of these schools have the same thing, I really liked being around the (Neb) coaches being around all of them. The head coach (Bo Pelini) and tight ends Vince Marrow pretty much every coach on the staff; can’t say enough about Nebraska.”

“Yea, having Ben Cotton and Tyler Reed being seniors and they have Jake Long would be a senior if I came, so I would definitely come in there and be the guy.” Sandland responded if early playing time is possible at Nebraska.

Play All Over The Field At NU

“They feel like they could use me all around the field, they feel I’m a hybrid between Ben Cotton and Tyler Reed they like that about me. They want to use me in more different ways, formations, slot, and tight end. Coach Vince Marrow would incorporate me in the tight end position.”

“There’s a lot to see in the Midwest,” he said. “It’s (Nebraska) a state I haven’t been too just the West Coast. It’s definitely a lot different than Southern California but I like that. It was something I experienced different so that was kind of neat. Lincoln is a nice town really flat; there are no mountains like Colorado so that was kind of funny.”

“Southern California there is mountains all around us. I really liked it; it had a nice college feel in Lincoln. I was down there in June. I wish I could make for a game but we play on Saturdays as well.” “The (NU) facilities, I can’t imagine if there is anything any better than Nebraska.” Sandland added

Sandland said he wouldn’t mind playing in the Big Ten

“Yea, I mean I haven’t put too much emphasis on conferences. It would be a little factor there. When I think about the Big Ten, what comes mind is physical really tough, I can take on big defensive linemen. More power running.” Sandland said

“Really any conference has its strengths; in the Big 12 have some of the best offenses. Big Ten has the potential to be a strong conference with Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio State. Yea, I like the Big 10.”

What Makes OU A Contender

“A lot of things they are in the Big 12, I like their offense they spread the ball out. They pass the ball a lot; it’s a chance to catch a lot of balls. Oklahoma does a good job I think, best in the nation, at a decade of producing a tight end (NFL) in their offense. I think of Jermaine Gresham that comes to mind right away.” Sandland said

“I’ve been to Tempe before,” he said. “I like the weather it’s hot but it’s like Los Angeles. It’s a great atmosphere; it’s the Pac 12, new staff. They are building a new stadium not this year but next year. The coaches did well in the past Coach Chip Long coach D J Williams at Arkansas.”

Education

“What comes to mind with Cal Berkeley is the education. You can get a pretty strong degree; it’s not Harvard or Yale like that. Being at Cal Berkeley is close to home – PAC 12. They (parents) can go to all my games, all of my away games which would be fine like UCLA.”

“The coaching staff up there (UCLA) does a good job developing players it’s a school I want to take a long look at.” Sandland said

“My mom obviously wants me close to home but it’s not going to be the deciding factor. I’ll take all five (visits) of mine. I probably won’t make a decision any time soon.”

cornhead.gif