Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

Futuristic but not outlandish?

review_foxrobot_1.jpg

Teams like Texas, Penn St, Michigan USC etc. that are the true blue bloods of college football do not need to do things like this for attention(for the record I feel we fall in this category).

Have you seen the silly unis TSUN has been sporting the past couple of years? The faux retro togs Ohio State has trotted out? Texas just released some horrible multi colored abominations. And now that Paterno is dead...just imagine what will eventually crop up in Happy Valley.

Yes I have seen them and agree they are atrocious! Like I said if it is once per year I don't have much of a problem with it. These schools just should not be in the market of having different uniforms every week like Oregon!

What are they going to do? Take away the stripes...

Personally though, and don't shoot me folks, but I'd love to see them use the unis redout22 has in his sig above.

So when we are in the stadium screaming Go Big RED our players will be wearing black jerseys?

T_O_B

G>B>R

I would love to see the 1969(I think) uniforms brought back for a game.

They had the striping of the '71 uniform with a staggered N on the helmet, awesome looking.

U

Well that sucks I had all the spacing right and HB wont let it happen.

EDIT: it was 1968 imagine this without the dumb 100 sticker on front.

AAAAC0cjmaQAAAAAADqEOw.jpg?v=1236966881000

I think it would be very cool to have the boys wear all black for just one game. Black helmets with the red N. B******. If tastefully done, it would be amazing. Other than that, I like our traditional uniforms and don't see the overwhelming need to be flashy just to be flashy or just because the other teams are changing their uniforms. It almost seems 'desperate', like 'Oh! Oh! Look at us! We're current! We're just like everyone else. Baaaa-Baaaa. Nah-I don't buy it. We don't need it-we're Nebraska-enough said. (Let the poopy hit the fan! lol ;)

What are they going to do? Take away the stripes...

Personally though, and don't shoot me folks, but I'd love to see them use the unis redout22 has in his sig above.

So when we are in the stadium screaming Go Big RED our players will be wearing black jerseys?

T_O_B

G>B>R

No, they'll be screaming THROWIN' THE BONES!!! BLACKSHIRTS!!!

I remember a few months ago I said that alternative unis were bound to happen because of the pressure that Adidas was going to put on us. I was crucified and told that T.O. would not let this happen. I am excited for this, I think what Michigan did last year with some of their unis were very well done.

I think it would be very cool to have the boys wear all black for just one game. Black helmets with the red N. B******. If tastefully done, it would be amazing. Other than that, I like our traditional uniforms and don't see the overwhelming need to be flashy just to be flashy or just because the other teams are changing their uniforms. It almost seems 'desperate', like 'Oh! Oh! Look at us! We're current! We're just like everyone else. Baaaa-Baaaa. Nah-I don't buy it. We don't need it-we're Nebraska-enough said. (Let the poopy hit the fan! lol ;)

This doesn't mean anything. Other than that, it was a wonderful example of talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Both sides had to see this coming. Because if Osborne was really 'that' traditional towards college football, he'd have the enrolled students in student-seating closer to the field, like every other school does.

Oh yeah...forgot...$$$.