Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

its not even a streak of "the same uniform". all the other uniforms we've ever worn look like nebraska football.... these new uni's just arent nebraska football. almost entirely due to the black secondary color. if you're gonna incorporate black, make it the main color. i could respect that. these new ones however, could get lost in the identity of other teams pretty easy. there is such a fine line with the uniforms and i feel it has been crossed.

is it one game? yes. but its a time where we should take advantage of bringing something new and refreshing to the table, something we would be comfortable wearing for a hundred years if we weren't already all in for our traditional look. gives me that "ehhhhhh, what are you doing?" feeling. messing around with the identity of husker football has proven to not work. i feel that throwing black in as an accent color is really poking around with the identity. i cant help the way i feel. take the black out and you have a winner. add black as the main color and you have a winner.

so either all black or no black? all black is more akin to husker tradition? you keep talking about this tradition garbage, but you seem to be the only one who knows what fits the bounds of our tradition and what spits in its face.

mostly black or no black. and look at the timeline.... no black. thats all im sayin. i can respect mostly/all black.... are you mad at my opinion?

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here.gif

this is just a rough paint job... but what do you guys think of this?

huskeralts12.jpg

this is what im sayin... take out the black piping and you have a classic. red facemask also.

no, how is that any different than what we have besides the big N in the center? can you try to leave everything and color the pants black and post a pic.

Here is THAT picture the way it is with black pants...

huskeralts12.jpg

Here is the original untouched except the pants

huskeralts11.jpg

• Fire 2

huskeralts12.jpg

this is what im sayin... take out the black piping and you have a classic. red facemask also.

no, how is that any different than what we have besides the big N in the center? can you try to leave everything and color the pants black and post a pic.

huskeralts12.jpg

huskeralts11.jpg

thanks! i really like them both. +1

I like the big block "N" but not sure about the black helmet... the color combo kind of reminds me of the red raiders. I also like black shirt look in the sig way above.

I don't care what they wear as long as they bring the pain, and keep the N on the hat!

I've boycotted Husker football ever since they broke tradition years and years ago.

Until they bring back leather helmets with no face guard and put the goal posts ON the goal line where they should be, I'll never cheer for the Huskers.

This is 'Merica G*d D@mm*t!!!

Seriously this isn't even a big deal, let alone a medium deal, it's a deal that I forget in my front pocket and accidentally wash it. If you are a person who is truly upset about this, than you... well... you are someone who doesn't like High Fives. Or laugh at farts. It's one game out of the season. GBR!

• Fire 2

huskeralts12.jpg

huskeralts12.jpg

huskeralts11.jpg

That actually looks pretty decent with the black pants. The only way I would like having the red pants and red jersey is if they use our original helmet and the scarlet and cream color scheme like what you have above, otherwise I could live with the uniforms if they looked like your last two. Thanks for taking the time to give us those different looks. :worship

With the cat fully out of the bag, Adidas releases official pics:

Ay0prENCcAAWzmB.jpg

1235644960_50_cent_does_not_approve.gif

absolutely not. i would approve of these if they used white instead of black... mainly red with black as an accent just doesnt work at all. we are not texas tech. our colors are scarlet and cream. and then black. not scarlet, cream and black. look at the uniform timeline.... we are getting f---ed like a prom date here folks. this is not our identity. its a blemish on the timeline. go look if you don't believe me.

everyone is saying they used michigans as a template.... if thats what they were going to do, follow suit and use our main colors. red uni's, white "N" on the chest and white stripes.

since they incorporated black... i still maintain my argument for murdered out and matte helmets.

i can't tell if this pukey feeling is the hangover or these atrocious, lazily thrown together alternates.

it honestly looks like adidas hired some of the "graphic designers" in this thread.... and i mean that in the worst way possible. now i know why i was getting so irritated as horrible photoshop attempt after another started showing up in here.

i still back these...

15zpk4i.jpg

All black are sick. Wonder what the ones looked like that T.O. turned down?

They are growing on me...but...what a wonder opportunity this would have been to have like 5 combos and let the fans do a vote on it, you know?

I just hope people get used to it, because in the future more and more times we will see uniform changes, especially after T.O is gone imo. Tradition doesn't appeal kids as much as facilities, uniforms, student sections etc. They want that college experience and opportunity to play for a good team. If you tell them Nebraska was great in the 70's and 90's that is only appealing to a small minority of the kids we recruit. Listen to every interview. It's facilities, coaches, and a great fan base, and then about a fourth will say the great tradition we have.

its not even a streak of "the same uniform". all the other uniforms we've ever worn look like nebraska football.... these new uni's just arent nebraska football. almost entirely due to the black secondary color. if you're gonna incorporate black, make it the main color. i could respect that. these new ones however, could get lost in the identity of other teams pretty easy. there is such a fine line with the uniforms and i feel it has been crossed.

is it one game? yes. but its a time where we should take advantage of bringing something new and refreshing to the table, something we would be comfortable wearing for a hundred years if we weren't already all in for our traditional look. gives me that "ehhhhhh, what are you doing?" feeling. messing around with the identity of husker football has proven to not work. i feel that throwing black in as an accent color is really poking around with the identity. i cant help the way i feel. take the black out and you have a winner. add black as the main color and you have a winner.

so either all black or no black? all black is more akin to husker tradition? you keep talking about this tradition garbage, but you seem to be the only one who knows what fits the bounds of our tradition and what spits in its face.

mostly black or no black. and look at the timeline.... no black. thats all im sayin. i can respect mostly/all black.... are you mad at my opinion?

mostly just confused.

i'm not saying that all black is more akin to husker tradition necessarily. rather, black as an accent color is not akin to husker traditon. maybe "akin" is the wrong word.... I think "corny" is the word i'm probably looking for.

With the cat fully out of the bag, Adidas releases official pics:

Ay0prENCcAAWzmB.jpg

1235644960_50_cent_does_not_approve.gif

absolutely not. i would approve of these if they used white instead of black... mainly red with black as an accent just doesnt work at all. we are not texas tech. our colors are scarlet and cream. and then black. not scarlet, cream and black. look at the uniform timeline.... we are getting f---ed like a prom date here folks. this is not our identity. its a blemish on the timeline. go look if you don't believe me.

everyone is saying they used michigans as a template.... if thats what they were going to do, follow suit and use our main colors. red uni's, white "N" on the chest and white stripes.

since they incorporated black... i still maintain my argument for murdered out and matte helmets.

i can't tell if this pukey feeling is the hangover or these atrocious, lazily thrown together alternates.

it honestly looks like adidas hired some of the "graphic designers" in this thread.... and i mean that in the worst way possible. now i know why i was getting so irritated as horrible photoshop attempt after another started showing up in here.

i still back these...

15zpk4i.jpg

All black are sick. Wonder what the ones looked like that T.O. turned down?

i retract the matte helmets... do a metallic black. like these....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8ZYKd83B68