Bo mentioned for Arky Job...

Arkansas job? Bo doesn't ride a motorcycle.

Do you have to ride a hog to coach the Hogs? The last guy that left the state of Nebraska for Arkansas came back quickly(Altman)... Houston Nutt is currently unemployed...

bobbypetrino_motorcycleblondeoffback.gif

A hog? Looks more like a riceburner to me. Maybe THAT'S why he got fired. And it wasn't the hottie fundraiser that he banged crashed, after all.

i know what ^^^^^^^^^^ that feels like.... road rash is a bitch. why did she let go?????

I know the original girl that fell of.

We have made very little improvement in the four years here, we still have no serious affective recruiting system, we have coaches learning on the job, we lose every year to a team we should destroy, yea it is all rosey. Keep gulping the Kool Aid. Trust me you can not drink enough

I get sick of hearing how great we are every single year, when if you even look at the situation on a level basis we are so far from what we claim to be it is sickening. Losses this year will be Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan State and most likely Norwestern again. Bright future. I hope we are ready of Arkansas State.

We have a hot head coach, that is out of control, who is driving fans away at a very good pace, we have a staff that should be working at Alcorn State with their experience level.

Give me some more kook aid. You must be able to get drunk on it.

crack_pipe.jpg

yup, that's what we figured you were smoking.........

Try bringing something of substance to the board. Oh wait, you don't.

We have made very little improvement in the four years here, we still have no serious affective recruiting system, we have coaches learning on the job, we lose every year to a team we should destroy, yea it is all rosey. Keep gulping the Kool Aid. Trust me you can not drink enough

I get sick of hearing how great we are every single year, when if you even look at the situation on a level basis we are so far from what we claim to be it is sickening. Losses this year will be Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan State and most likely Norwestern again. Bright future. I hope we are ready of Arkansas State.

We have a hot head coach, that is out of control, who is driving fans away at a very good pace, we have a staff that should be working at Alcorn State with their experience level.

Give me some more kook aid. You must be able to get drunk on it.

someone has sand in their vagina

skerfan i hope that you read some of the stuff from around january right after you left about Bo and some of the criticisms fans have of him. they directly spoke about some of yours and your wifes concerns with him.

I think some of you are overly negative every season and end up being proven wrong every season and i think that is the way you plan it. always being pleasantly surprised. to me that is a sh**ty way to go about life and quite a depressing way to look at either a football season or life in general.

i could pull up predictions from last season from some of the negative posters in this thread that called for a 6-6 or 7-5 season and it would 100% prove that is the case and that they will never be happy. some of you would still be upset even if we won an MNC.

The only positive is that you'd be coaching in the best conference in the nation, however now in the BIG they are not that far behind the SEC...i dont think there would be any logical reason to leave here for Arky, the only, ONLY place Bo would leave us for, is TOSU...no one else imo

I think tOSU and LSU... Other than that nothing else seems likely...

Mary Pat would nix that thought in a second. She hated it down in Baton Rouge

They will be looking for a proven winner coach with a good reputation with media and fans. I think were safe, unfortunately for years to come.

Your ability to be positive is astounding! You should be a demotivational speaker. :thumbs:rickjames

I just get so sick of the constant and never ending negativity. If you want to take a wait and see approach that's fine, but some of you act like we went 4-9 last season, not 9-4.

:dunno

I don't want to interrupt, but are you arguing with yourself?

Calling Nebraska a "destination job," Bo Pelini on Wednesday brushed off speculation that he could become a candidate for the vacant head football coaching position at Arkansas.

He was asked if he was flattered that his name often is mentioned when a high-profile job opens.

"You talking about the Arkansas thing?" Pelini asked. "Actually, I didn't even know my name got thrown around. I don't even know how that stuff happens.

"I'm here and I'm happy to be here."

http://huskerextra.com/sports/huskers/football/article_46f97e2f-24d8-5442-81eb-e8afadf35e0a.html

Nice of Bo to immediately shoot down the speculation for a change, although I did think it was pretty clear that those suggesting he could be a candidate were just pulling his name from past speculative articles on other coaching searches.

Of course, we've heard in this before from other head coaches and even a previous assistant within NU's program. However, I'm trusting Bo's word on this one.

I understand some people getting tired of the negativity but in honesty Bo hasn't really achieved much. Sure we had bad years during the Callahan era the last couple of seasons he was here but right now we are at a crossroads. We can keep saying we are too young, inexperience, new coordinators but this season there are no more excuses period. NO MORE! We have an experienced qb, wide receivers, defense, staff. It's time it all came together. I get tired of hearing wait til next year. that is so much crap. Anything less than a trip to the Big Ten Conference Game will be a failure this year. How many more years does Bo get on getting a pass?

I understand some people getting tired of the negativity but in honesty Bo hasn't really achieved much. Sure we had bad years during the Callahan era the last couple of seasons he was here but right now we are at a crossroads. We can keep saying we are too young, inexperience, new coordinators but this season there are no more excuses period. NO MORE! We have an experienced qb, wide receivers, defense, staff. It's time it all came together. I get tired of hearing wait til next year. that is so much crap. Anything less than a trip to the Big Ten Conference Game will be a failure this year. How many more years does Bo get on getting a pass?

Yes, the negativity does get old. And by your standards how do you say Bo hasn't achieved anything? "Anything less than a trip to the Big Ten Conference Championship Game will be a failure...", didn't Bo take his teams to two consecutive Big 12 Championship Games? Or, doesn't it count since it wasn't the Big Ten?

Yes, the negativity does get old. And by your standards how do you say Bo hasn't achieved anything? "Anything less than a trip to the Big Ten Conference Championship Game will be a failure...", didn't Bo take his teams to two consecutive Big 12 Championship Games? Or, doesn't it count since it wasn't the Big Ten?

Yes the Big 12 counts. But we should have been in the CCG last year. He hasn't won one yet so he hasn't achieved much except going mediocre. It always seems to be something that causes us to stumble along the way. We should've beaten Texas and Oklahoma but couldn't seal the deal. It just seems we fall apart too many times in pivotal moments in games. Before you start saying Ohio St. if Miller doesn't get injured and forced out of the game there is no way we continue that comeback.

Yes the Big 12 counts. But we should have been in the CCG last year. He hasn't won one yet so he hasn't achieved much except going mediocre. It always seems to be something that causes us to stumble along the way. We should've beaten Texas and Oklahoma but couldn't seal the deal. It just seems we fall apart too many times in pivotal moments in games. Before you start saying Ohio St. if Miller doesn't get injured and forced out of the game there is no way we continue that comeback.

Great point, genius.

Miller getting hurt caused NU to run over their elite defense like a Mercedes Benz over a paper clip in the 2nd half pounding in 28 pts (35 if we would have needed it). Thanks for the great insight.