Aaron Green

Why do so many of our players transfer away from here. Off the top of my head I can think of Curt Dukes, Harrison Beck, Leon Jackson, Joe Daily, Quinten Castille, Cody Green, Josh Williams, Khiry Cooper and now Aaron Green.

Lots of teams have a list that long over the nearly decades timeline you have there.

:yeah The only reason this list looks longer than any other teams is because you follow this team so close that you know if anyone transfers.

I have one connection to the team. I won't say his name but he's a hard hitter from the inland empire (CA) but may not be the first guy that comes to mind. Either way, he said that Aaron almost left a few times and that playing time was the only reason he left. He's not homesick at all but just mad that he was a high school all american and he cannot beat out Ameer. He also is mad about Marrow being a factor in the carries and doesn't want to wait for Rex to graduate anymore. I have to say, I personally know some of his relatives in the LA area and they all said he has the ego of the family. Take it for what it's worth.

Is it Quincy Enunwa?

That's what my guess was.

thats what id say

I have one connection to the team. I won't say his name but he's a hard hitter from the inland empire (CA) but may not be the first guy that comes to mind. Either way, he said that Aaron almost left a few times and that playing time was the only reason he left. He's not homesick at all but just mad that he was a high school all american and he cannot beat out Ameer. He also is mad about Marrow being a factor in the carries and doesn't want to wait for Rex to graduate anymore. I have to say, I personally know some of his relatives in the LA area and they all said he has the ego of the family. Take it for what it's worth.

Is it Quincy Enunwa?

dingdingdingdingding

Is it Quincy Enunwa?

Moreno Valley is part of the Inland Empire and we all know the man can hit!

Is it Quincy Enunwa?

dingdingdingdingding

So Ameer was still leading?

Is it Quincy Enunwa?

Moreno Valley is part of the Inland Empire and we all know the man can hit!

The dude deserves a blackshirt.

• Fire 1

Sounds like he wants a more option based offense, not run up the gut.

Meaning, he can't run unless he's in open space and isn't committed to improving his ability as a runner?

Another thing is our WR's are getting better and will be the ones catching the ball in space. Plus we have QB's who run and take away carries. And Ameer is filling his same role and is returning punts and kicks also. I'd have liked too seen Green stay and see how he did but maybe he thought there was just no room for him with Rex this year and if we go to pound the rock bruiser backs in the future then maybe that was not his cup of tea. Cross and Marrow do actually seem to fit the role of replacing Rex more than Green and Ameer but like I said Ameer was already doing other things in the return game and getting touches at RB too.

Tough loss. It seemed like he was coming along nicely, and was going to be a major contributor over the next few years.

Moving on - does Braylon Heard move back to running back? I thought he looked very promising last year.

Another thing - if Green really is transferring because he doesn't fit in our offense, what does that mean? We had significant emphasis on the zone read, the option, and the toss sweep last year, all of which put our running backs in space. Is he upset that we would ask him to run in between the tackles sometimes? If the rhetoric coming from the coaches is true and we're passing the ball more, won't that give him even more opportunities to get into space with a short passing game?

I guess the "doesn't fit the offensive system" argument makes little sense to me... Location I would understand, but I thought he liked being with his brother, who is poised to be a major contributor. Playing time probably makes the most sense, but I think that jumping ship after one season is a premature move that will likely set him back more now that he has to learn a new system.

Is it Quincy Enunwa?

dingdingdingdingding

So Ameer was still leading?

oh yeah, but not by a HUGE margin. Aaron was due for steady playing time but he wanted to be the man and saw himself as "reggie bush" like. Also Nebraska is incorporating their Rb's in the slot much more and Aaron doesn't have the best hands and Ameer was playing really well in that position. Aaron also felt that being at Nebraska was going to hinder him in the pros because of the "logjam"

happy_trails1.jpg

I was never very excited about Aaron anyway. If he was as good as everyone said he was, then he would've gotten more touches. It's obvious that Ameer is the better back and we all know that if you can't stand the heat, GTFO of the kitchen.

Hope he finds success wherever he goes, but I'm not one for backs who need open space. Give me a bruiser any day of the week. Bring on Imani!!

• Fire 2

oh yeah, but not by a HUGE margin. Aaron was due for steady playing time but he wanted to be the man and saw himself as "reggie bush" like. Also Nebraska is incorporating their Rb's in the slot much more and Aaron doesn't have the best hands and Ameer was playing really well in that position. Aaron also felt that being at Nebraska was going to hinder him in the pros because of the "logjam"

I like to hear Ameer is doing well in the slot...this seems like best use of his speed and talent...pound the rock with the other backs.