SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

on his list of offers y'all left off probably the most notable one in Alabama

Understood, but I don't update a recruiting prospect's offer list. My reason for doing it this way is because I'm interested in who has already offered by the time NU offered when I create the profile. I try to be as punctual as possible when creating profiles as they show up on the recruiting sites' database. Of course recruiting sites aren't definitive with their information either. They rely on high school coaches and recruits for information. It's not an exact science.

So in Adam's case, we can roughly guess that NU was the 9th school to offer him, judging by the list that's up there right now? It's all about how soon (or late?) we offered a kid, that I'm most interested in.

fair enough. I didn't know that was your methodology. I also never knew how the recruiting services knew which schools had offered a kid so I appreciate you finally clearing up a long held curiosity for me. As you were.

His semi final game against Tommy Armstrong's alma mater Steele was on Fox sports southwest. A game won by Katy

Folks we have ourselves a straight beast

44 Carries 232 yards and 3 scores.

not only was adam very impressive his sophmore backup was also impressive. definitely a kid to keep

an eye on in future years.

also i was wondering if that was tommy at the game today. there was someone on the steele sideline

that had a nebraska shirt on.

Per Espn:

WACO, Texas -- Katy (Texas) High School four-star running back Adam Taylor just keeps going and going.

He’s already surpassed the 2,000-yard mark, but the senior back is far from done, even if he’s got one more game left.

Taylor put Katy on his back Saturday against Cibolo (Texas) Steele with 40 carries for 226 yards and three touchdowns, include the game-clincher on a long, run-heavy drive late in the fourth-quarter as the Tigers earned the 45-33 victory.

“I didn’t know I had that many carries,” Taylor said after the game. “That’s crazy. It’s a great job by my offensive line at blocking every play. We fought hard.”

Taylor has now rushed for 2,392 yards and 39 touchdowns. He’s averaging nearly 8.5 yards per carry and 159 yards a game.

All of that has come after Taylor suffered a torn ACL as a junior and missed nearly his entire season. He hasn’t forgotten that while leading Katy all this way.

“This has been incredible,” Taylor said, “especially to share this with my teammates, the guys I grew up with since elementary school.”

Taylor’s big year has helped him pick up serious interest from a handful of schools, but he said he remains solid in his verbal commitment to Nebraska.

Other schools may inquire over the next few months – Texas, for example, is searching for a running back after Arlington (Texas) Martin’s Kyle Hicks flipped to TCU – but Taylor said he isn’t worried about that. Right now, nobody else is calling and he’s not looking around.

All Taylor is focused on at the moment is Cedar Hill (Texas) High School and the Class 5A, Division II title game on Saturday at Cowboys Stadium.

“It should be a great game,” he said. “We’ll watch video and play a great game. I know they’re a great team, because they’ve made it this far.”

Rumor is that if Texas offers we might have another Jonathan Cook on our hands. I think there's still a chance we keep him if they do offer, but it seems that he could flip according to the Rivals writers.

If we get Newby, I wouldn't be completely heartbroken if this does end up happening. It would still suck a fat one though.

Per Espn:

Other schools may inquire over the next few months – Texas, for example, is searching for a running back after Arlington (Texas) Martin’s Kyle Hicks flipped to TCU – but Taylor said he isn’t worried about that. Right now, nobody else is calling and he’s not looking around.

:laughpound