SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

Frankly, I don't think we excel in the coaching of QB's to move as slow as we do with these QB's. We need to be better at developing and evaluating the talent in the QB area or we will continue on this road.

You see this all the time, not just here. Teams slow play the backup plans until their top guy makes a decision. Just look at Braydon Scott getting slow played by both us and Oklahoma. It just seems we do it more often because we follow this team the closest, but in realty, everyone does it.

lol, we lost out on 1 QB, now possibly 2 because of inaction. He was only so high on us because, honestly no one else (major program) noticed the kid. Now they have and he has better offers......Sigh, young coaches making rookie mistakes. I cant wait for a few more years when these coaches get some experience under their belts. Losing out on kids because they cant make up their minds, or trying to play the system and get burned; is frustrating. Live and learn I suppose?

Honestly, i dont see him picking NU over Oregon or any major cal team.

"I threw for them yesterday morning and Chip offered last night," he said. "I loved the facilities and stuff when I checked it out on Thursday. Yesterday was when I met the staff however and that really blew me away. I liked coach Kelly and coach (Mark) Helfrich a lot and the coaches made a big impression on me."

Today the talented quarterback is leaving for Italy on a family trip. At this point he said he has no favorites but is evaluating each of his last four visits in detail.

"I'll be gone all week and it will be a good time for me to think things over. It's a huge confidence booster for me to have these new offers and new options to chose from. Quarterbacks tend to commit earlier in the process so I'll keep that in mind. I could make a decision when I return but I haven't decided on that yet."

lol, we lost out on 1 QB, now possibly 2 because of inaction. He was only so high on us because, honestly no one else (major program) noticed the kid. Now they have and he has better offers......Sigh, young coaches making rookie mistakes. I cant wait for a few more years when these coaches get some experience under their belts. Losing out on kids because they cant make up their minds, or trying to play the system and get burned; is frustrating. Live and learn I suppose?

Honestly, i dont see him picking NU over Oregon or any major cal team.

He was never going to commit right away, and I'm not sure he was/ or is high on us. He just seems to camping to get his name out there.

Let's get this kid...runner and a passer. Would love to see him at NU. Latest from Husker Journal.

JUNE 17, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS JOHNNY STANTON, QB, 6-2, 200, RANCHO SANTA MAGARITA (CATHOLIC), CALIFORNIA

Huskers And Beavers Latest To Offer Stanton

“I got both Nebraska and Oregon State offers today (6/14). It was a very good for me. Coach Tim Beck (Nebraska) asked me through an e-mail to call him so I called back 3 PM today so that’s when he told me – he offered me.”

“Beck said he was looking forward to me they liked how I threw on Tuesday while I visited them. One of the things they were looking for make sure I can run. They looked at my high school tape and felt confident.” Stanton said

Nebraska Type QB

“He (Beck) thinks I fit very well in their offense. He said they are very excited about me. Nebraska prides them self on running quarterbacks. There are not very many quarterbacks that fit their offense very well.”

“They (NU) like the way I can pass as well. I think that is something they like about me. They like my competiveness.” Stanton said

“There were only six schools that offered me as a quarterback and Nebraska is one of these BCS schools that offered me as a quarterback. That’s (NU offer) something I’m considering very highly. Nebraska is a great school and I’m very interested.” Stanton said

Stanton said other schools that offered him as a quarterback are Air Force, Navy, Utah, and Oregon State, Utah State. The Washington Huskies and California Berkeley offered him as an athlete.

“I want to play quarterback.” Stanton said

"Best Fans In America”

“I heard about how they (NU) have the best fans in America and I think that says something. I’m looking for a great fan base. I’m sure there is a lot of schools top that but they can’t offer the tradition Nebraska has.” Stanton said

“It’s very cool a huge stadium, the facilities they have, and great coaching staff. It’s all very appealing. It’s all very cool.” Stanton added

“I visited Oregon State yesterday (6/13) it was only one hour drive. I wasn’t able to talk to Coach Mike Riley because he wasn’t there; he wasn’t able to officially offer me. He really likes the way I throw. Future Visit To Wisconsin

“I think I’m going to Wisconsin in two weeks,” he says. “We don’t have anything else planned. They (Wisc) recently had Russell Wilson. They have great quarterback tradition. They did very well the last few years.”

“I actually have to know more about Wisconsin. They’ve been in the national spot light the last couple years. Actually it’s a pretty good school.”

Versatile QB

“I think I can be considered a dual threat. I think I can throw as well. My accuracy in the off season is what I need to work on. Coaches have noticed that it’s becoming one of my strengths. I work on that a lot.” Stanton said

“I’m probably not one of the fastest guys on the Nebraska program. I probably only run a 4.7 range more of a downhill runner. I was told I have good feet. I would like to see what I can do at the next level. The games are a lot faster.” Stanton said

“I’m excited for my senior year for football; I’m clearly invested for the season it’s still fun to think about the next level.”

cornhead.gif

Let's get this kid...runner and a passer. Would love to see him at NU. Latest from Husker Journal.

JUNE 17, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS JOHNNY STANTON, QB, 6-2, 200, RANCHO SANTA MAGARITA (CATHOLIC), CALIFORNIA

“I got both Nebraska and Oregon State offers today (6/14). It was a very good for me. Coach Tim Beck (Nebraska) asked me through an e-mail to call him so I called back 3 PM today so that’s when he told me – he offered me.”

“Beck said he was looking forward to me they liked how I threw on Tuesday while I visited them. One of the things they were looking for make sure I can run. They looked at my high school tape and felt confident.” Stanton said

Nebraska Type QB

“He (Beck) thinks I fit very well in their offense. He said they are very excited about me. Nebraska prides them self on running quarterbacks. There are not very many quarterbacks that fit their offense very well.”

“They (NU) like the way I can pass as well. I think that is something they like about me. They like my competiveness.” Stanton said

“There were only six schools that offered me as a quarterback and Nebraska is one of these BCS schools that offered me as a quarterback. That’s (NU offer) something I’m considering very highly. Nebraska is a great school and I’m very interested.” Stanton said

Stanton said other schools that offered him as a quarterback are Air Force, Navy, Utah, and Oregon State, Utah State. The Washington Huskies and California Berkeley offered him as an athlete.

"Best Fans In America”

“I heard about how they (NU) have the best fans in America and I think that says something. I’m looking for a great fan base. I’m sure there is a lot of schools top that but they can’t offer the tradition Nebraska has.” Stanton said

“It’s very cool a huge stadium, the facilities they have, and great coaching staff. It’s all very appealing. It’s all very cool.” Stanton added

“I visited Oregon State yesterday (6/13) it was only one hour drive. I wasn’t able to talk to Coach Mike Riley because he wasn’t there; he wasn’t able to officially offer me. He really likes the way I throw. Future Visit To Wisconsin

“I think I’m going to Wisconsin in two weeks,” he says. “We don’t have anything else planned. They (Wisc) recently had Russell Wilson. They have great quarterback tradition. They did very well the last few years.”

“I actually have to know more about Wisconsin. They’ve been in the national spot light the last couple years. Actually it’s a pretty good school.”

Versatile QB

“I think I can be considered a dual threat. I think I can throw as well. My accuracy in the off season is what I need to work on. Coaches have noticed that it’s becoming one of my strengths. I work on that a lot.” Stanton said

“I’m probably not one of the fastest guys on the Nebraska program. I probably only run a 4.7 range more of a downhill runner. I was told I have good feet. I would like to see what I can do at the next level. The games are a lot faster.” Stanton said

“I’m excited for my senior year for football; I’m clearly invested for the season it’s still fun to think about the next level.”

cornhead.gif

Seems into us but I can not get over this statement "I’m looking for a great fan base. I’m sure there is a lot of schools top that" Want to be bet just ask Lee Corso! And Musberger! And other announcers.

Nebraska Type QB

"Best Fans In America”

Versatile QB

cornhead.gif

Seems into us but I can not get over this statement "I’m looking for a great fan base. I’m sure there is a lot of schools top that" Want to be bet just ask Lee Corso! And Musberger! And other announcers.

This is a big downfall of recruits committing so early now, he could commit to Oregon and never know how awesome our gameday atmosphere is. Its so important to get juniors in for Gamedays this year, this trend isnt going to stop its just going to get worse.....ie 2014 players this fall. The programs that are going to succeed are going to be the ones that have coaches that recognize talent early (as a soph) and get on them early. Some 70 percent of the top 100 are already committed.....before their senior season, thats mind boggling to me. Your always going to have your late bloomers thou.

Nebraska Type QB

"Best Fans In America”

Versatile QB

cornhead.gif

This is a big downfall of recruits committing so early now, he could commit to Oregon and never know how awesome our gameday atmosphere is. Its so important to get juniors in for Gamedays this year, this trend isnt going to stop its just going to get worse.....ie 2014 players this fall. The programs that are going to succeed are going to be the ones that have coaches that recognize talent early (as a soph) and get on them early. Some 70 percent of the top 100 are already committed.....before their senior season, thats mind boggling to me. Your always going to have your late bloomers thou.

I keep seeing posters say Oregon, but from what I can tell he didn't go visit Oregon he went to visit Oregon State, big difference there folks, big difference.

Nebraska Type QB

"Best Fans In America”

Versatile QB

cornhead.gif

I keep seeing posters say Oregon, but from what I can tell he didn't go visit Oregon he went to visit Oregon State, big difference there folks, big difference.

I believe he met with Oregon and Kelly right before he left for Europe this week.

Nebraska Type QB

"Best Fans In America”

Versatile QB

cornhead.gif

Finally they drove 45 minutes South to Eugene to visit Chip Kelly and the Ducks.

"I threw for them yesterday morning and Chip offered last night," he said. "I loved the facilities and stuff when I checked it out on Thursday. Yesterday was when I met the staff however and that really blew me away. I liked coach Kelly and coach (Mark) Helfrich a lot and the coaches made a big impression on me."