SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

I like this QB. I think he would be a great addition to the team. I am somewhat confused by him though. Before we offered him, he had few offers and really came out to Lincoln to sell the coaches. He said he really wanted an offer from Nebraska. Then we offer him and he not only has not committed but has gone out to other places in search of offers. What was the point of saying he wanted an offer from Nebraska if he wasn't intent on accepting when the offer came through? I am inclined to believe that this is just an ego boost for these young men that they want to have offers just to have them.

It is not an ego boost, it is a scholarship boost. They want as many as they can get so that they can pick the place they think will be best for them.

Just like trying to do really really really well on your ACT's you want as many doors open as possible.

I like this QB. I think he would be a great addition to the team. I am somewhat confused by him though. Before we offered him, he had few offers and really came out to Lincoln to sell the coaches. He said he really wanted an offer from Nebraska. Then we offer him and he not only has not committed but has gone out to other places in search of offers. What was the point of saying he wanted an offer from Nebraska if he wasn't intent on accepting when the offer came through? I am inclined to believe that this is just an ego boost for these young men that they want to have offers just to have them.

He's making one of, if not the, biggest decisions in his life. We get upset when players don't at least come to look at Lincoln and our facilities so they can make an informed decision (rather than keeping that stereotypical view of Nebraska in their heads and not bothering to make the trip out). We shouldn't be surprised that recruits want to at least go and look at the other options as well. It means he's smart, imo.

He's making one of, if not the, biggest decisions in his life. We get upset when players don't at least come to look at Lincoln and our facilities so they can make an informed decision (rather than keeping that stereotypical view of Nebraska in their heads and not bothering to make the trip out). We shouldn't be surprised that recruits want to at least go and look at the other options as well. It means he's smart, imo.

Exactly. I really hope he picks us, but if he doesn't then well at least he gave us a fair shake.

All very good points. To me it just came off as a guy saying, "Please offer me.". Then they offer and he says, "Thanks, I' ll think about it.". It just seemed if he wanted to be offered so bad, he would have wanted to commit once the offer came through.

That being said, I really hope that he commits because by his film and demeanor, he would be a good face of the team for a few years. Kind of like Cousins at Michigan St.

Was very happy to see this, some serious interest coming back with his family. We may have missed a few top QB targets but we are in a good spot with 2 of the top uncommited remaining. If you look at the Elite 11 finals list we offered quite a few of them. Heck of job by the coaching staff finding these kids, it really is impressive, we just need to close Stanton or Kincade out.