CB Jonathan Cook [Alabama - Signed NLI]

Nexus

Auburn has offered. Gus was recruiting him to Arky St.

2995939_o.gif

But, he never committed to Gus at Arkansas State and as of now, he hasn't committed to him at Auburn either.

Auburn is him home state school, that he has publicly said he would love to attend.

Anybody who's seen film on him and Jonathan Rose (transfer from Auburn, already on the team, redshirted this year) have an opinion on which one is better? I know they are both very good players, but since they play the same position I thought it might be easy to compare. I get them confused so many times since there are a number of similarities; both are from Alabama, were/are recruited by Auburn, play the same position, same first name. I would be disappointed if what I'm reading is true and Cook is fancying the SEC now. I always want us to hold on to every recruit we swipe from the SEC big boys in their own backyard.

What I don't understand is, why the hell would he commit to Nebraska if he feels this way? That makes no sense. If he absolutely doesn't want to be here, then why not just hold out for an offer that he actually wants.

Well, I think it's pretty obvious that we're his favorite choice out the offers he does have. While he's been very outspoken about his desire for an offer from an SEC/Alabama school, I really don't have a problem with this. I mean, if we had to pick between him and Priest Willis (thankfully we won't have to), do you think we'd keep Cook out of "loyalty"? So its a two-way street in terms of where your loyalties and commitment lie when greener pastures come calling; in the end, everyone will do what they have to with their best interests in mind. Cook has just been very forthright where he perceives his best interests to be.

In fact, I admire how candid Cook has been throughout the whole process. This is pretty rare - ironically, I like how he's handled this more than Willis. At least Cook has been transparent, Willis seems like a bit of a drama queen with the way his tweets have played out over the last few months. Maybe that's just me though...?

That said, I hopefully one day we will be able to go toe-to-toe with the (current) big boys again, though I guess we will always be at some disadavantage due to location.