Manufactured Controversy?

Im just sayin. Yes, I have read every word of it too. I really have never seen such back and forth blee blee blee, bla bla bla. Some said wanting it is an issue. others said it isnt. I said it's dumber'en hell to argue (discuss) it. That's my take.

You have too seen this kind of blee blee blee, bla bla bla. You're no newbie here. We do this every August.

It's August already??!! :bang

Guess I better go throw my 2 cents in the newest Brion Carnes/bash Martinez thread from Sunday. I'm way behind.

lol, now I'M the scapegoat eh? Hilarious.

I love it when I get blamed for others stupidity. Keep it flinging my way monkies. lol.

That'll be the end of personal attacks, thanks. Please read the board rules before posting again.

Everything is cool here. Nobody is serious in this thread. It's a silly offseason thread and everyone is just having a laugh. Cool?

Dude, don't talk down to me. Don't sit there and condescend to me thinking I don't know how to read a thread on a message board. I didn't talk down to you specifically and I'm sorry if you considered yourself 'one of the kids'...you're lowering this to a personal attack...don't be that guy.

I don't give two squirts what direction a thread goes but people went ON and ON and ON about 'wanting it more' and it's full of fail to keep beating a dead horse...but by all means, keep beating it if you wish....I'm not forced to read the thread...but I can and will continue to call out ridiculousness when I see it.

Yeah, you do. Otherwise you wouldn't have inserted yourself into the conversation, said it was the single most epicly DUMB thread you'd ever read, (brilliant) and then started whining about being talked down to. The best part is the inherent hypocrisy of your position: I can tell everyone that they're idiots, but don't be condescending to me. Awesome. :lol:

Your reading comprehension is zilch.

I didn't name anyone specifically in my 'calling them idiots' generalizing rather than directing ire toward an individual. However, the condescencion was personal toward me. If you can't tell the difference between these two concepts I can't help you. And I don't give two squirts where the thread goes...I boggled at the concept of where it had gone already.

Cast a broad net and catch a lot of fish. Maybe next time you should try not calling everyone "idiots" . Whether it was directed at one or all. People will take it as a personal shot.

Maybe it is a dumb thread but what else is there to talk about? Less than a month for the season to start after a seeming 500,000 billion years of dreary, boring, off-season "nothing".

Any real NU fan is wound up tighter than a drum and we're fully willing and able to discuss any variable that might effect our BigRedMachine. So please take it easy on us hard-cores.

Alright, I know my expertise is in an individual sport, but the psychology of performance is universal. That is why you hear coaches talk about "the process" so much. Focusing on the results of any particular activity impedes the focus of accomplishing the goal. Motivation is hard to standardize. Yes, everyone wants consistent effort, but humans have emotions. ISU loss and Shorttusk loss at home were opposite sides of the same coin. ISU was overconfidence that lead to lack of focus on even the simplest of fundamentals, holding on to the ball. Shorttusk loss was an excess of desire that lead to the lack of focus on the simplest of fundamentals, catching the ball. Rex doesn't drop that ball in practice. Here is an example that I am familiar with: a 2foot putt. Every professional practices them, they usually aren't very hard, until the US Open is on the line, then it is indescribable how much harder that 2footer is. Which putt would have more "want to"? Which would you make 10 out of 10 times? Ask Mickelson or Doug Sanders? There are certain types of individuals who thrive on that pressure. They are few and far between. Michael Jordan, Jack Nicklaus, Tommie Frazier. Thing is, even these special individuals didn't get it done every time. It wasn't because they didn't want to. Excrement happens. Gotta deal with it and take your best shot next time. Focus on the process that will give you your best shot for success the next time the opportunity arises. All apologies if this post is mucked up, doing it on my phone from Nova Scotia.

• Fire 1

Ad far as the actual topic of the thread, NUPolo pretty much nailed it with, like, the 7th reply. It's talk radio. Gotta talk about something that will make the board ops earn their keep by answering the phone. I don't think anyone at NASA is worried about Jason Peter taking their place. He would be a walk-on there for sure.

Your reading comprehension is zilch.

I didn't name anyone specifically in my 'calling them idiots' generalizing rather than directing ire toward an individual. However, the condescencion was personal toward me. If you can't tell the difference between these two concepts I can't help you. And I don't give two squirts where the thread goes...I boggled at the concept of where it had gone already.

I see. It wasn't directed at anyone. It was a random utterance evoked from nothing and aimed at no one. :lol:

You better do some laundry or something. It sounds like you're squirting all over yourself over there. Disgusting.