Fan Expectations

I have not posted in Foosball forum in a loooong time. Mostly because it off season but secondly because I feel like I am being "that guy" that's the debbie downer. Especially with this season coming up, I feel like my expectation of this team has slowly gone down. I wish all the best in the world for this team and the staff. I just don't see it at this particular time. To me I think NU only wins 8 regular season games

My 5 Reason's why NU has less success:

Martinez hasn't "improved" ( you can not fill air between the ears in 1 offseason )

Bo needs to worry about the D and not micro manage everything

Our D cannot stop running QB's (Braxton, Dennard run allover us)

These guys always have a brain fart game that they shouldn't lose... Northwestern, IState, this year could be Ucla or even S Miss...

College football as a whole lacks nasty players, but this team especially is a buncha "nice guys"

In conclusion my expectations for the program have always been about the same. I expect to compete on a national scale, to be in the hunt for a title every so often, but I don't expect to go into a season where this team could just as easily win 10 games as it does 7 games. That is the scary part for me. I want to see consistency from top to bottom. Recruiting, coaching and play on the field. The team needs to become more of a brotherhood too. I think if there was more heartfelt comradery this team would grow and be more successful.

I have not posted in Foosball forum in a loooong time. Mostly because it off season but secondly because I feel like I am being "that guy" that's the debbie downer. Especially with this season coming up, I feel like my expectation of this team has slowly gone down. I wish all the best in the world for this team and the staff. I just don't see it at this particular time. To me I think NU only wins 8 regular season games

Martinez hasn't "improved" ( you can not fill air between the ears in 1 offseason )

These guys always have a brain fart game that they shouldn't lose... Northwestern, IState, this year could be Ucla or even S Miss...

College football as a whole lacks nasty players, but this team especially is a buncha "nice guys"

In conclusion my expectations for the program have always been about the same. I expect to compete on a national scale, to be in the hunt for a title every so often, but I don't expect to go into a season where this team could just as easily win 10 games as it does 7 games. That is the scary part for me. I want to see consistency from top to bottom. Recruiting, coaching and play on the field. The team needs to become more of a brotherhood too. I think if there was more heartfelt comradery this team would grow and be more successful.

You just need a jug of this.... :koolaid2:

This week is the 85th birthday of Nebraska's official Beverage.

Seems like an appropriate occasion to EXPECT 10 - 11 - or more ...wins...........

Personally, I see 4-5 games that scare me and one game that is a possible loss.

Scary games - Michigan, MSU, Ohio State and Wisconsin in the regular season plus Bowlgame/conference championship.

Iowa is the game I think it's also possible to botch.

I think the rest we should expect to win. This is a tough conference, but no tougher than when the Big 12 fielded good teams regularly.

You just need a jug of this.... :koolaid2:

This week is the 85th birthday of Nebraska's official Beverage.

Seems like an appropriate occasion to EXPECT 10 - 11 - or more ...wins...........

you are right.. gimme some

Ok, here's how I am looking at the whole situation. It's nature as a Husker fan to expect a certain level of success. Especially when for the last fifty years, no one in college football has won more games than the University of Nebraska.

As everyone knows, the Callahan era changed everything that was Husker football. Not just some recruits, but everything this program was built upon was changed. Now Pelini comes in and everyone just expects everything to be fixed over night. By a FIRST TIME head coach. He carries the same values and passion that we as fans do.

In his first year we shared the Big 12 North title. Years 2 and 3 we won the North outright and played in the championship game, loosing both of course. But something needed to be changed on offense, so he made a change. A top assistant coach got himself in hot water and left. So Bo had to find some new coaches.

So Bo needs to get coaches and players all on the same page across the board. Plus, go to a new conference and deal with all the changes in opponents that come with that. Yet Bo put together another 9 win season. The supposed standard around here for years.

I firmly believe that once Bo and the team get used to the new conference and the offense finds an identity, we will be very difficult to beat. But, it is not going to happen over night. Nick Saban didn't even have this kind of success when he started out and he never had to jump the kinds of hurdles Bo has had to deal with in his first 4 years. It took Osborne almost TEN years to play in his first MNC game and he was a once in a lifetime coach. Relax and be patient, college football is cyclical and we are on our way up again. GBR!

• Fire 1

1) Everyone from coaches, to players, says he has. If you won't believe them then who will you believe? If you're holding out for the season you're going to be pretty disappointed considering we don't play anyone worthwhile until Sept. 29.

2) He's the head coach, he has to micro manage to a certain extent.

3) Find me a defense than can do this consistently and I'll find you a unicorn.

4) I agree that this lapse definitely needs to be fixed. It's one thing to lose to a good team, it's another to just completely drop the ball against a team you shouldn't, and it happens at least once a year.

5) I don't think you need nasty players to be a good team, at all. You just need players who can execute and know what they're doing. That said, I think we have some of those guys on our team, Chase Rome being one that comes to mind. Remember that terrible late hit penalty last year against Minnesota? I have a feeling that kid is going to be vicious.

Furthermore, I wouldn't say this team has a bunch of "nice guys." I've heard several disappointing rumors about some of them. I assume you're mainly referring to the playing field, though.

1) Everyone from coaches, to players, says he has. If you won't believe them then who will you believe? If you're holding out for the season you're going to be pretty disappointed considering we don't play anyone worthwhile until Sept. 29.

4) I agree that this lapse definitely needs to be fixed. It's one thing to lose to a good team, it's another to just completely drop the ball against a team you shouldn't, and it happens at least once a year.

5) I don't think you need nasty players to be a good team, at all. You just need players who can execute and know what they're doing. That said, I think we have some of those guys on our team, Chase Rome being one that comes to mind. Remember that terrible late hit penalty last year against Minnesota? I have a feeling that kid is going to be vicious.

Furthermore, I wouldn't say this team has a bunch of "nice guys." I've heard several disappointing rumors about some of them. I assume you're mainly referring to the playing field, though.

I believe coaches and players want to believe that Taylor will be better, Heck I do too.. I'm just positioned as is... until proven otherwise.

I agree he has to manage the entire team and staff. But he has assistant coaches to manage their respective part of the game.

09 skers stopped one of the best running qb's in the country... tyrod taylor, I think that D could contain braxton and dennard.. Granted it was a different scheme. But there is the unicorn.

I think that we do need some nasty guys like guys from the mid 90s who wanted to kill people. not make stupid mistakes with late hits, but had no fear of anyone or anything. we don't have much if any of that on this team. Rome may become that guy we shall see.

Just ask that paper towel dispenser in the airport...

I believe coaches and players want to believe that Taylor will be better, Heck I do too.. I'm just positioned as is... until proven otherwise.

This argument doesn't make sense to me. Taylor improved significantly from his freshman to sophomore campaigns, and yet you say you won't believe he will improve going into the next year until proven otherwise? Logic seems to be on the side that a player in his 3rd year and putting in extra time and effort will be improved over the same player in his 2nd year.

This argument doesn't make sense to me. Taylor improved significantly from his freshman to sophomore campaigns

But a lot of people disagree with that (I'm not one of them)

I agree he has to manage the entire team and staff. But he has assistant coaches to manage their respective part of the game.

09 skers stopped one of the best running qb's in the country... tyrod taylor, I think that D could contain braxton and dennard.. Granted it was a different scheme. But there is the unicorn.

I think that we do need some nasty guys like guys from the mid 90s who wanted to kill people. not make stupid mistakes with late hits, but had no fear of anyone or anything. we don't have much if any of that on this team. Rome may become that guy we shall see.

its a whole different game now then it was then, i guarantee you that alot of the hits those players put on guys back then would be personal fouls. the game has been shifted more towards finesse and player safety more than ever

its a whole different game now then it was then, i guarantee you that alot of the hits those players put on guys back then would be personal fouls. the game has been shifted more towards finesse and player safety more than ever

im talking more about attitude than hits on the field.

This argument doesn't make sense to me. Taylor improved significantly from his freshman to sophomore campaigns

But a lot of people disagree with that (I'm not one of them)

A lot of people listen to Jimmy, but they can't hear him.