(2013) C/PF Akoy Agau [Georgetown Commit]

Just to bring the discussion around-- Are we sure he is really that good? I am not saying that Nebraska and Louisville are close to eachother, but he couldnt find any minutes there... what says he is good enough for Nebraska?

I mean i get we have major depth issues in that spot. But if he plays weak, then does he really fill a spot?

On the other side.. can we do any better with a Big?

I am not saying no to bringing him on, but lets do our research and not get caught up with his highschool hype.

I watched him play several times at the State Tournament. He was very raw on the offensive end but a force on the defensive end. Could definitely add shot blocking and rebounding.

^^ This exactly. No one will ever confuse him as an offensive threat. But his defensive presence is something we sorely need.

Nebraska would make the most sense for Akoy. We have a spot open. We are close to home. If he gets the waiver he can play for us right away next year and probably get starter minutes.

He can also come over and learn the system and get healthy second semester.

Not to mention the "scout team looks" he can force our offense to work around...........

Not going to list the schools out right now but Akoy leaves tonight and is taking 5 visits to schools and will then decide where to go. Up against some pretty good hoops schools to get him too. 2 Big East schools 1 SEC school and 1 Missouri Valley school including Nebraska as the 5 schools.

My Guess: Wichita State, Missouri, Creighton, not sure on #5

I was thinking maybe Georgetown, he took an official there during his HS recruitment.