Things about things

Speaking of things....looking like Armstrong may be the #2 QB once the season gets rollin. Check out the tweet below:

"My dude @Sean_Callahan just said he thinks the #2 QB right now is Tommy Armstrong. Do you burn a year and play him this year? Hmmmm...."

I told you this days ago, Chaddyboxer. What, you can't believe something unless you hear it from a reputable news source like Twitter? humph.

Then you're wrong. RK is sitting 2after Saturday. It's still close between all three guys and the next two weeks will tell how everything shakes out but RK has had the best fall of the three back ups. If he could run worth two squirts I don't think they other guys would be as even.

Most people on here are just speculating because we dont have access to coaches like you do, you may have more access then most reporters at this point in the season. This doesnt mean you need to go around telling people they are wrong all the time, we dont need this site to turn into Rivals, where the people with the best info are dicks to guys just trying to piece together info from twitter and every free site they can find, of course were going to be wrong most of the time. We all appreciate all the info you bring here setting us all straight, but just tell us what you want to tell us dont start treating us like were dumb because we dont have the access you do. That is all.

:boxosoap

I'm sorry it was taken that way. It wasn't intended to come across that way. Just so people don't get butt hurt anymore, I'll just keep my info to myself from here on out except for the few people I share it with privately.

LOL. I have not heard the ole' I am taking my football and going home line since I was a kid. Thanks for the memories.

• Fire 2

If Carnes is truly #4, perhaps the coaches were trying to protect his confidence last year by keeping him out of games. Playing before you're ready, and the inevitably poor performance and mistakes can ruin the mental game permanently.

I hope this is a case of RK3 and TArmstrong showing great improvement, rather than an indication of where Carnes is as a QB.

Since it fits in with the name of the thread:

I predict that Abdullah ends the season as the #3 running back.

I don't know who the #2 is yet.

But Abdullah will never be the featured back at Nebraska.

I could not disagree more. I think Abdullah is an explosive back with an incredibly bright future.

I could not disagree more. I think Abdullah is an explosive back with an incredibly bright future.

He's an explosive kick returner, who goes down almost immediately upon contact.

If Carnes is truly #4, perhaps the coaches were trying to protect his confidence last year by keeping him out of games. Playing before you're ready, and the inevitably poor performance and mistakes can ruin the mental game permanently.

I hope this is a case of RK3 and TArmstrong showing great improvement, rather than an indication of where Carnes is as a QB.

From what i have heard Carnes has all the ability in the world but doesnt work as hard as others in the weight roonm and the film room trying hard to get better. We hear how Cross is staying after practice everyday working hard and not relying on talent alone well apparently Carnes isnt putting in the extra effort to learn the offense. He is a gameday player and not a pratice warrior, and well, you know Bo and how important practice is but its not Bo this time, its all on Brion.

Because every freshman should be able to run over people when they weigh 180lbs.

I hope he has made serious strides as a RB in the offseason. A change-of-pace guy is always welcome on an offense.

Personally, from the little bit that I saw of Braylon Heard, he seemed to be a more natural runner coming out of the backfield. Needless to say, we will have 3 backs who will be pretty damn good players for the next 3-4 years: Abdullah, Cross, and Heard.

One more comment: I hope if Heard is the #4 RB that the coaches consider using his redshirt this year. He could be useful in the next few years as quality depth.