Chances Rex plays this weekend

no way he'll play...why risk it? we'll be fine without him the next few weeks and will need him when WI comes to town

Why risk it? Because if NU seriously wants Rex to have a legitimate shot the Heisman then he'll need to be a dominant force in every single big game moment.

The 50+ yard TD run against Southern Miss was a good start. But he needs consistent, big time performances against marquee teams to have a real shot at winning the Heisman.

You've really got your head up your ass on this one. Rex doesn't care about the Heisman. He wants to win. Winning means making sure he's healthy for conference play. UCLA will get stomped with or without Rex.

• Fire 1

Rex has no chance of winning the Heisman. The annointed one, Barkley, is the media darling (and probably the bama QB after Sat's game) and will probably win the Hoaxman.

As for him playing this weekend, slim to none and slim is heading out of town.

While I don't think Rex will win the Heisman, you can say the same thing about Andrew Luck last year and he didn't end up winning. If anything I feel that the Heisman voters try to go unconventional with their votes.

no way he'll play...why risk it? we'll be fine without him the next few weeks and will need him when WI comes to town

Why risk it? Because if NU seriously wants Rex to have a legitimate shot the Heisman then he'll need to be a dominant force in every single big game moment.

The 50+ yard TD run against Southern Miss was a good start. But he needs consistent, big time performances against marquee teams to have a real shot at winning the Heisman.

Team achievements >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Individual achievements

I am 10000000% certain that Rex agrees as well.

Besides, it's obvious that Taylor is a more likely heisman candidate at this point and if he continues to put up big numbers all season long, he will probably be mentioned for it.

I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if Rex sat the non-con and was out of the Heisman race. The one who's going to be getting Heisman talk if he keeps performing like he did on Saturday is Taylor. No, I'm not going to start that conversation--I'm simply saying If X, then Y. It's all on Taylor how high he can climb.

Ameer looks different to me this year. He looks quicker and more decisive. Braylon too. Frankly with the caliber of athletes and the sheer amount of weapons we have to choose from, risking Rex at this point would be idiotic. If he's healthy enough to play and we get down in a game, that's a different story. Otherwise his long-term health is the one and only priority.

Edit**

Anyone know how long Ben Cotton is going to be out? Last I heard he's our best blocking TE. Would hate to lose him for an extended period of time.

F***. THE. F***ING. HEISMAN. :ahhhhhhhh

Seriously. This damn heisman talk reminds me of the B1G schools obsessing over the Rose Bowl. National Championship game? No thanks, we want to play in the Rose Bowl! The mere fact that anyone thinks that over-hyped individual award is so important that it's worth risking further injury to a player NU definitely needs to be healthy to help his team is just mind-blowing.

I'm not just focusing this on you, 'skers. I'm not guilty on hyping this up, but I still contribute posts that no doubt feed the beast that is 'living in the world of astronomical expectations.' This is just becoming an epidemic upon Husker fans. We hear about how the team is playing for each other, but then the fans and media want to individualize them. Rex goes down? No problem! Taylor Martinez for heisman! Who will it be next week? Who can we distract and heap a ton of pressure on next? Geez, it's no wonder players and coaches stay away from message boards and newspapers. If I was them, I'd want to blow my brains out after reading the stuff that's out there.

RELAX. Everything is ok.

Ive had this injury before, actually had it in both knees at the same time! Im not near the athlete Rex is and not near as explosive but I was able to play every week with it. I didnt practice much and just did therapy with icing. It really isnt that painful or hindering when playing with a little pain medication. I could see him playing this weekend and give it a 75-80% chance he will as of today and we'll just have to see how the week progresses.

Yes, this isnt conference play, but make no bones about it, this game is HUGE nationally for respect, recognition, recruiting, and to prove our first week was who we really are! I think this may be Bo's biggest game since being here. This is now his team and his recruits and now time to prove teams like UCLA are not in our caliber anymore!! The feeling i get is this game has alot of significance nationally especially being in prime time!!

To be honest I was hoping he was out for the season so he could have a medical redshirt and play next year. If that would happen him and Martinez would both be seniors and have a weaker schedule next year = formula for a championship. While he would be out for the season we all know we have 3 other pretty darn good backs. But obviously being day to day thats not gonna happen so whatever keeps him healthiest in the long run is fine with me. I do hope he plays in the Idaho State game at least to get back on the field before conference season starts.

F***. THE. F***ING. HEISMAN. :ahhhhhhhh

Seriously. This damn heisman talk reminds me of the B1G schools obsessing over the Rose Bowl. National Championship game? No thanks, we want to play in the Rose Bowl! The mere fact that anyone thinks that over-hyped individual award is so important that it's worth risking further injury to a player NU definitely needs to be healthy to help his team is just mind-blowing.

I'm not just focusing this on you, 'skers. I'm not guilty on hyping this up, but I still contribute posts that no doubt feed the beast that is 'living in the world of astronomical expectations.' This is just becoming an epidemic upon Husker fans. We hear about how the team is playing for each other, but then the fans and media want to individualize them. Rex goes down? No problem! Taylor Martinez for heisman! Who will it be next week? Who can we distract and heap a ton of pressure on next? Geez, it's no wonder players and coaches stay away from message boards and newspapers. If I was them, I'd want to blow my brains out after reading the stuff that's out there.

Someone buy this man a beer.

I can't believe some one gave this a +1. He doesn't have a legitimate shot at the Heisman to begin with so why risk his senior year by pushing things too fast?