Chances Rex plays this weekend

I'm the same with CNRed. I had an arthoscopy with my MCL partial tear and I was back and playing soccer in 4 weeks. I actually played 2 games with the partial tear and had no issues. I only found out that I had a tear because I had a lump on my knee that never went away so when I had it checked I was told. It's hurts a bit initially but after some ice it's actually fine and you barely notice it. If he can, have him sit this week and let it rest.

no way he'll play...why risk it? we'll be fine without him the next few weeks and will need him when WI comes to town

Why risk it? Because if NU seriously wants Rex to have a legitimate shot the Heisman then he'll need to be a dominant force in every single big game moment.

The 50+ yard TD run against Southern Miss was a good start. But he needs consistent, big time performances against marquee teams to have a real shot at winning the Heisman.

I can't believe some one gave this a +1. He doesn't have a legitimate shot at the Heisman to begin so why risk his senior year by pushing things too fast?

this is why i came here. he will be lucky to be in the conversation, let alone invited to ny. nu just does not have the national perception to get that type of attention. for instance; monte ball does, so even if he is less impressive, he will get more attention. also, matt barkley.

Burkhead can sit out the season, take a redshirt, and nation title for the huskers in 2013! :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if Rex sat the non-con and was out of the Heisman race. The one who's going to be getting Heisman talk if he keeps performing like he did on Saturday is Taylor. No, I'm not going to start that conversation--I'm simply saying If X, then Y. It's all on Taylor how high he can climb.

Ameer looks different to me this year. He looks quicker and more decisive. Braylon too. Frankly with the caliber of athletes and the sheer amount of weapons we have to choose from, risking Rex at this point would be idiotic. If he's healthy enough to play and we get down in a game, that's a different story. Otherwise his long-term health is the one and only priority.

Edit**

Anyone know how long Ben Cotton is going to be out? Last I heard he's our best blocking TE. Would hate to lose him for an extended period of time.

Bo said he will play this weekend. Had a rib cartilage issue (i have no idea what that is). Little dinged, but no issue. Pulled as Bo didn't see a reason to continue to play him. (per press conf courtesy of Lyons in the Sea of Red)

F***. THE. F***ING. HEISMAN. :ahhhhhhhh

Seriously. This damn heisman talk reminds me of the B1G schools obsessing over the Rose Bowl. National Championship game? No thanks, we want to play in the Rose Bowl! The mere fact that anyone thinks that over-hyped individual award is so important that it's worth risking further injury to a player NU definitely needs to be healthy to help his team is just mind-blowing.

I'm not just focusing this on you, 'skers. I'm not guilty on hyping this up, but I still contribute posts that no doubt feed the beast that is 'living in the world of astronomical expectations.' This is just becoming an epidemic upon Husker fans. We hear about how the team is playing for each other, but then the fans and media want to individualize them. Rex goes down? No problem! Taylor Martinez for heisman! Who will it be next week? Who can we distract and heap a ton of pressure on next? Geez, it's no wonder players and coaches stay away from message boards and newspapers. If I was them, I'd want to blow my brains out after reading the stuff that's out there.

I completely agree with everything you said, except for the bolded part. Players, coaches, and anybody else you have ever heard say "I/we don't pay attention to what the media says" is a damn liar and they know it. They know exactly what we say and I know for a fact plenty of them actually seek out information to see what people are saying about them; and if the individual player doesn't seek it out, then a teammate prints it out and brings it to practice.

They hear or read everything. They ignore it when it's not in their favor, they cling to it when it will serve them a purpose. See Bo Pelini's rant towards Dirk Chatelain.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/no-17-nebraskas-burkhead-questionable-201212827--ncaaf.html;_ylt=AiQrWUAMc_KOxGMV7Q5Erjqt1LYF

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) -- Coach Bo Pelini of 17th-ranked Nebraska says injured running back Rex Burkhead is questionable for Saturday's road game against UCLA.

Pelini said Monday an MRI confirmed Burkhead mildly sprained a ligament in his left knee early in the opener against Southern Mississippi. The coach said if he were to put together a travel roster now, Burkhead would be on it.

Freshman running back Imani Cross said he's spoken with Burkhead and that the senior is determined to play against the Bruins (1-0).

Pelini said he expects no drop-off if Burkhead can't play. Backups Ameer Abdullah, Braylon Heard and Cross combined for 177 yards and touchdown on 29 carries in the 49-20 win over Southern Miss. Abdullah also caught an 11-yard TD pass for the Huskers (1-0).

I say rest him. I'd rather him be 100% healthy for conference play

Freshman running back Imani Cross said he's spoken with Burkhead and that the senior is determined to play against the Bruins (1-0).

Pelini said he expects no drop-off if Burkhead can't play. Backups Ameer Abdullah, Braylon Heard and Cross combined for 177 yards and touchdown on 29 carries in the 49-20 win over Southern Miss. Abdullah also caught an 11-yard TD pass for the Huskers (1-0).

So basically Pelini is saying Burkhead isn't any better than the other backs. Not much of a vote of confidence.

• Fire 1

He is a decent back. He had a nice run but the Southern Miss player run him down from 10 years behind on his touchdown run. No speed, but he seems like a pretty tough kid.

So basically Pelini is saying Burkhead isn't any better than the other backs. Not much of a vote of confidence.

2/10. Much too obvious to be an effective troll. Better luck next time.

Reading your past posts I have a feeling your a douche.

• Fire 3