Justin Jackson

I have been a longtime follower of this board, but decided to start posting. I am a former offensive lineman that played football for 14 years, culminating with a career at a division II school. After years of looking up to players like Rimington, Aaron Graham, and Dominic Raiola, I was extremely impressed with Justin Jackson in his first start on Saturday. They used him out in space often and he was quick, physical, and always finishes plays in a dominant position. I noticed him early, and couldn't stop watching his great effort and intensity throughout the game. I know center was a concern coming into the year, but i thought Jackson played great as well as the rest of the group up front.

I apologize for the long post, just wanted to put in my 2 cents and give some love for the big guys up front.

Thanks for listening.

Couldn't agree more. I thought that was the most dominate our O-line has looked since 2000. I've got a question for you since you played the O-line. On the plays where Jackson pulls and leads the outside run he was actually behind the RB a couple times. I noticed that when he pulled he would sag a couple yards behind the LOS, where as when the guards pulled they would go right down the LOS. Is this by design or was that an error on his part. Also did he not get out in front of the play fast enough, or did the running back not wait for his blocking? BTW this is not a criticism. Jackson played outstanding.

I have been a longtime follower of this board, but decided to start posting. I am a former offensive lineman that played football for 14 years, culminating with a career at a division II school. After years of looking up to players like Rimington, Aaron Graham, and Dominic Raiola, I was extremely impressed with Justin Jackson in his first start on Saturday. They used him out in space often and he was quick, physical, and always finishes plays in a dominant position. I noticed him early, and couldn't stop watching his great effort and intensity throughout the game. I know center was a concern coming into the year, but i thought Jackson played great as well as the rest of the group up front.

I apologize for the long post, just wanted to put in my 2 cents and give some love for the big guys up front.

Thanks for listening.

Thanks for the analysis, man! I hope you stick around and continue posting.

Thanks for listening.

Couldn't agree more. I thought that was the most dominate our O-line has looked since 2000. I've got a question for you since you played the O-line. On the plays where Jackson pulls and leads the outside run he was actually behind the RB a couple times. I noticed that when he pulled he would sag a couple yards behind the LOS, where as when the guards pulled they would go right down the LOS. Is this by design or was that an error on his part. Also did he not get out in front of the play fast enough, or did the running back not wait for his blocking? BTW this is not a criticism. Jackson played outstanding.

In my opinion I don't think that would be by design. Playing center myself, I found it pretty difficult to get out that wide and beat the back but, I wasn't the quickest guy out there. You could tell that when he got out late he was looking to find somebody to hit and stick his nose in there. Although i don't believe it was by design, he was still finding someone in a different color jersey and making a hit. It was not a perfect, technically sound game by anyone up front, but the effort and intensity was there. There is definitely something to be said about guys giving great effort it and getting after it up front. High effort and intensity will deflate a defense and I think the Huskers can win a lot of ball games in the 4th quarter due to that.

Thanks for listening.

In my opinion I don't think that would be by design. Playing center myself, I found it pretty difficult to get out that wide and beat the back but, I wasn't the quickest guy out there. You could tell that when he got out late he was looking to find somebody to hit and stick his nose in there. Although i don't believe it was by design, he was still finding someone in a different color jersey and making a hit. It was not a perfect, technically sound game by anyone up front, but the effort and intensity was there. There is definitely something to be said about guys giving great effort it and getting after it up front. High effort and intensity will deflate a defense and I think the Huskers can win a lot of ball games in the 4th quarter due to that.

Huskerpipeline54: You need to stick around and give real analysis of the line play. a lot of us watch on tv and get to watching the skill positions. Me I am very guilty of that and wonder why sometimes as to what really happened. It all starts up front and maybe you can back up some theories or put people in check as to what is really happening. Please stick around. I am guessing you played at UNO.

I know Justin Jackson personally. He is what you see, high energy, hard work, extreme determination and always a team player. Once he settles in to the position, he will be really great. He has the "it factor." I always felt Caputo got pushed around last year. Believe me, that will not be the case with Jackson. If you ever get into an alley fight, you definitely want him on your side. You would have to kill him to beat him. A very big plus to the O line. A badly needed plus.

Thanks for listening.

Huskerpipeline54: You need to stick around and give real analysis of the line play. a lot of us watch on tv and get to watching the skill positions. Me I am very guilty of that and wonder why sometimes as to what really happened. It all starts up front and maybe you can back up some theories or put people in check as to what is really happening. Please stick around. I am guessing you played at UNO.

Wayne State College

Thanks for listening.

Welcome to Huskerboard and you should post more often. Thanks for the insight

Thanks for listening.

When did u play at WS?

My college team played them a couple times. We may have met in the trenches :)

There was no way that wide pull was by design, the running back beating his blocker to the gap is never by design. I think it was just a reflection of him being rusty, new, what have you. I made the comment in another thread that I think he is going to be a really good center for a lot of the reason Pipeline54 mentioned above but right now he needs to refine his technique and just get some experience like everyone else. There were actually quite a few missed assignments on pulls and general blocking by the line as a whole, they should be easy fixes though.

Something else I mentioned in the other thread is that Jackson needs to engage when he gets to the second level, too many times I saw him just chip the linebacker or not really go after anyone in particular. That's how you get 5+ yard gainers is when the linemen get to the second level and seal off linebackers so safeties and corners are making the tackles. But the good news is that stuff is on film and it's all fixable and should get better with experience. For his first start I would say he did more than alright and showed a lot of potential.