Is Bo Pelini's seat hot?

Excel

Bo Pelini hot seat?  

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, it's warm right now because of that defensive performance and because Nebraska fans don't have alot of patience. He better hope the changes he's going to make, if any, next Saturday work. I just think he needs some experienced coordinators and he'd be fine.

Patience with not winning? What is this patience that you speak of?

We expect a conference championship and to compete for a national title basically every year. We have unrealistic expectations sometimes, but we don't really care. That's what I mean...............

I think that the husker fan that knows whats going on (not the football fan that knows whats going on, the nebraska football fan that knows whats going on) doesn't expect winning [necessarily]. We expect you to wear it, eat it, sleep it, breath it, etc. Own it. We don't expect winning on the game field even though we want it. There is a difference. We expect excellence on the practice field. The winning part is secondary. How do we know when we are excellent on the practice field? We compete on Saturday's. We don't get pushed around all night long up front. We make a tackle, not because our life depends on it... because our brothers' lives depend on it.

You should have made the votes viewable so I could see who the hell chose "Win it all or he's gone." Do people realize who the AD is? No way in hell would he fire Bo unless something catastrophic were to happen this season and/or next.

I wanted to prevent voter intimidation/fraud, if I could've required IDs I would have.

Glad to see this poll, just so that fans may finally realize that not everyone has the same opinion/perspective on things. Yet still some people feel that theirs is the only one that matters...

I voted "pleasant" FWIW; however I think that back-to-back seasons of under 9 wins would warrant termination.

I would guess his seat is San Diegoish with those that matter. I voted one ztep warmer than that as my opinion of where it should be but I'm a little butthurt over the recent pathetic performance. But hey, thanks for stirring the pot Bucky.

No problem.

I have a secondary and somewhat related question that can't be addressed in a poll and there's no real way for any of you to know this but...what is it like for Bo having TO as his boss? There's got to be some pressure there. I can't imagine Osborne really getting his hands dirty with say...Nebrasketball, but I can imagine him sitting down with Bo after a game and talking things out. Does that happen? What's the dynamic there? Is he more hands offish?

It's got to be similar to Bielema and Alvarez in some ways.

Its definetely warming up I think. Winning 9 games this season is nothing considering we get two gimmes these next two weeks and the only two good teams in the B1G are tOSU and MSU. If we actually looked good the times we lose, itd be a different story, but the way we lose is what is making his seat warm. Texas, Texas A&M, OU (Big 12 CG), Wisconsin, First three quarters of OSU (would have lost if Miller did not get injured), Michigan, USCe, Northwestern, Iowa St., UCLA, etc. Those were not only bad losses, but we looked like complete and utter sh#t!

One thing always going against an incumbent coach is the idea that there's somebody out there, wherever they are, that could do a better job. In many cases I think this is accurate. There's probably some coach out there, who'd be available to come and coach here, that'd be a better overall coach than Pelini. The problem is finding and evaluating that coach correctly.

I think there are only a few coaches out there who would be obviously better over Pelini, but most of them already have pretty good jobs that they won't leave. Therefore, I think most coaches we could get to come here would be no obvious improvement over Pelini - we'd simply have to make a great decision and get lucky. Do we want to risk something like that? Well, it depends how the season goes. But, right now, it's not worth it. Not in my eyes, at least.

We will continue to have average seasons... Bo's seat is lukewarm at best. Our program can not handle another head coaching change, but changes in position is another matter... we need to recruit kids that can/want to play their arses off. We have to "want it more" every play and game