Is Bo Pelini's seat hot?

Excel

Bo Pelini hot seat?  

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the question should be "Should Pelini's seat be hot" rather than "IS his seat hot".

I cannot say whether it is hot --- because I cannot get into the mind of his superiors at NU. What the AD and others of import in the command chain are thinking is not something we have access to. So we do not know whether they are beginning to craft an exit strategy or whether they are fine with Bo's performance.

That said... the seat SHOULD be quite hot. From my view of the Husker world, Bo has been a mistake from day one and has performed well below what should be expected of a D1 coach. NU is going nowhere (except further into mediocrity) as time progresses with Bo in charge. A change... sooner, rather than later... increases the likelihood of improvement being sooner rather than later.

I think the question should be "Should Pelini's seat be hot" rather than "IS his seat hot".

I cannot say whether it is hot --- because I cannot get into the mind of his superiors at NU. What the AD and others of import in the command chain are thinking is not something we have access to. So we do not know whether they are beginning to craft an exit strategy or whether they are fine with Bo's performance.

That said... the seat SHOULD be quite hot. From my view of the Husker world, Bo has been a mistake from day one and has performed well below what should be expected of a D1 coach. NU is going nowhere (except further into mediocrity) as time progresses with Bo in charge. A change... sooner, rather than later... increases the likelihood of improvement being sooner rather than later.

WTF?......... NO! I'm glad you're not the AD then because you would make a hasty decision that would affect the team in a negative way, and by now we would probably be where Colorado is right now.

Its definetely warming up I think. Winning 9 games this season is nothing considering we get two gimmes these next two weeks and the only two good teams in the B1G are tOSU and MSU. If we actually looked good the times we lose, itd be a different story, but the way we lose is what is making his seat warm. Texas, Texas A&M, OU (Big 12 CG), Wisconsin, First three quarters of OSU (would have lost if Miller did not get injured), Michigan, USCe, Northwestern, Iowa St., UCLA, etc. Those were not only bad losses, but we looked like complete and utter sh#t!

You are fooling yourself. I don't think there are any "gimmes" anywhere on our schedule.

People need to stop saying "I don't think we should do anything right now..." No one is saying that anything needs to be done "right now." We all need to realize that the soonest that anything would possibly happen would be at the end of NEXT season, if Bo has back-to-back subpar seasons. A lot can change in the coaching world by then.

Didn't vote. I guess Husker Nation is trying to kill our recruiting by jumping ship on Bo. To me, your not my kind of Husker fan to have a poll like this two games in and or to say give an opinion on the topic.

Hey, it was a bad game. Give UCLA some credit as well.

That's another thing -- some people consider it to be a ludicrous topic b/c we're only "2 games in"; however, others look at is as valid because we are now "5 seasons in" and there are few signs of progress or improvement. Gotta be willing to look at things from both perspectives.