I think the confusion here is that most people who watch the video are like "Husker fans are over reacting, good call JP."

All the while they are thinking that JP is talking about every fan, but them.

I guess I took it personally on the "world is crumbling" rant.

Oh well.

JP is talking about the perception that we've lowered our standards, and the perception that our season is now over and a disaster and we suck.

The video also opens in medias res, not sure what he was responding to or going from with that opening sentence, but I also think you've completely misheard it. He didn't take on the 'world is crumbling attitude' himself. He was saying that he understands that to a lot of people, the world is crumbling. But that they will learn from the game and continue to fight and be the best team they can be. He is a coach fully intending to use this as a learning experience, and win every game left this year if he can.

Where do you disagree with that at all?

The whole Bo Pelini is our head coach part.

I think the confusion here is that most people who watch the video are like "Husker fans are over reacting, good call JP."

All the while they are thinking that JP is talking about every fan, but them.

I guess I took it personally on the "world is crumbling" rant.

Oh well.

I thought he said that 'many thought the world was crumbling' after the loss?? I'll have to listen to it again.

So he is a good coach because he is a good speaker? Um, ok.

One thing is for certain, there is no way we have ANY shot at the NC, period!

That is actually a good question, has any team ever come from unranked to win the NC (with at least 1 lose)?

Seriously, what do you think he is going to do? His team just gave up the 2nd most yards in the history for husker football.

I've seen the video, and I saw the interview with the twit who asked the question. The twit asked a bait question, no matter how JP answered, he was going to get attacked for it. I don't know what people expected JP to say. I don't have an issue with anything he said, sure he had some fire in his voice, but no name calling or cursing. I have a bigger issue with the twit getting two apologies, and still bitching about it. Man up and move on.

• Fire 2

I'd hate for the team to adopt that attitude.

And it sort of blows my mind that not only do some fans almost expect them to, they get mad when they don't say it. I don't get it.

Most fanbases are incredibly immature as a whole. HuskerNation is no different.... I don't expect us to be in the NC game, but if we won out (again not expected) we would be in the conversation....

This is such a non-story it's ridiculous. This guy asked if the expectations are changed to no longer go after national championships. He didn't ask if that was still the goal. First off, coach Osborne has said himself that when the team laid out goals in the pre-season, national championships were never mentioned as a goal. If you take care of your other goals, the national championship will probably be there. If winning the national championship is a main goal, then your season will go horribly awry after loss #1 or loss #2. If your goals are to win the division, conference, etc. and the national championship should be for the taking after that then it's different. Remember in 1993 when Nebraska 'Refused to Lose'? They lost, albeit in the Orange Bowl.

Second off, this guy sounds like he's trying to get his 15 minutes of fame and milking this for all it's worth. Papuchis didn't yell at him, but he did dismiss his notion that there's been some culture change here as the fan argued with him. That probably can get frustrating if you know what you and your fellow coaches have spent all offseason instilling into your players. This team's goals are all out there for the taking and they aren't melting down over one loss like the fanbase. That's probably a good thing.

• Fire 2

I was going to start another thread on this, but what for? This thread is as good as any to put this out there. JP was not happy with this fans stupid question. Here are some of our ex Huskers that are not happy with what is going on either.

Jay Moore on 93.7 FM’s “The Drive” in Lincoln:

“I don’t know if it’s Bo or if it’s just the defensive staff in general, I think they’re just petrified of mobile quarterbacks. … They’ve got players, man. I’ve trained with these guys, I’ve seen them. These guys are able to play high-level football. You need to free ‘em up a little bit.

Link: http://sports.omaha.com/2012/09/14/mad-chatter-sept-14/

I'd hate for the team to adopt that attitude.

And it sort of blows my mind that not only do some fans almost expect them to, they get mad when they don't say it. I don't get it.

What is better, clinging to false hope, or re-evaluating your goals and setting new ones? ones you can atually obtain? What would make a team fell better about themselves, a team to fails to meet goals that were set that can never be accomplish, or goals they meet because they re-evaluated them?