Rex vs Abdullah

HuskerThor

Is there any doubt that Abdullah is going to take carries away from Rex? The guy has rushed for almost 300 yards the last two weeks, and he is going to need his carries. I think there is a decent chance that Rex, and Ameer both go over 1,000 yds this year. Wouldn't that be special!

I really hope he takes carries away from Rex, I really thought we were going to kill him at times last year. Ameer looks great so far, but when we get into conference, Rex's expierience and toughness is going to be needed. Like an earlier poster said, that diamond formation with all three of them in there will be a DC's nightmare. Which back do you key on?

what about heard and abdullah coming out for passes covered by lb's, they should blow by like franklin did by compton

I'm thankful that we have enough talent for running backs that we don't have to force Rex to come back before he is ready.

I would hate for him to be injured further because we didn't have enough confidence in our running game.

Rest up and put him in when he is 100%, anything else is unacceptable.

Is there any doubt that Abdullah is going to take carries away from Rex? The guy has rushed for almost 300 yards the last two weeks, and he is going to need his carries. I think there is a decent chance that Rex, and Ameer both go over 1,000 yds this year. Wouldn't that be special!

I'm guessing the over/under yards for Rex this year will be 720..Unless Martinez goes down.

Maybe 6 or 7 carries against Wisc.

I'm guessing the over/under yards for Rex this year will be 720..Unless Martinez goes down.

Maybe 6 or 7 carries against Wisc.

He'll have more than that against Wisconsin.

That's a good point, Thor. I hate to bag on Aaron Green, but I'm not missing him one bit.

Rex - known studliness

Ameer - burgeoning talent, future star

Heard - probably slightly behind Ameer, but not by a lot

Imani Cross - Beast Mode Engaged. And he's a freaking Freshman

We have, not only depth, but quality depth at Running Back. I would probably prefer that we have Aaron Green than not have Aaron Green, but over three games, without our studly #1 RB, I'm not missing Green one bit.

...and I was honestly a little worried about our RB group a couple of months ago before Heard switch backed. None of these guys were proven - and to see all 3 of them step up and perform at a high standard (against some pretty week defenses however) is saying something for my Ron Brown.

I honestly don't think Abdullah can handle the load like Rex can. His last 4 or 5 carries he seemed to be dead and didn't have the same body language. If Rex is available to take away 5-10 carries from Abdullah that would be best to keep Abdullah at his peak and get Rex involved on our way toward Wisky. Still got to love the guy for the effort and a couple of big runs and catch he provided Saturday.

I honestly don't think Abdullah can handle the load like Rex can. His last 4 or 5 carries he seemed to be dead and didn't have the same body language. If Rex is available to take away 5-10 carries from Abdullah that would be best to keep Abdullah at his peak and get Rex involved on our way toward Wisky. Still got to love the guy for the effort and a couple of big runs and catch he provided Saturday.

He ran 30 times! Along with helping block, running routes, and special teams! He had a full day! His biggest ever in college! There are some 3-4 year starters in college that probably have never had that workload! Even as great and durable as Rex is, he would've been gassed too!