*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

^

Reminds me of when Michael Jackson dangled his kid over his hotel balcony. Smart people out there I guess.

This guy can kind of shoot a basketball.

Report: Stephen Curry Made 77 Consecutive 3-Pointers in Practice, Hit 94 of 100

40f6035337c9136df10dbb0b5dd6ca05_crop_no

77 in a row. That has to be a world record. Fricken unbelievable. :thumbs:

209 is the world record.

Ha ha! How is that even possible. I'm pretty sure I couldn't hit 209 layups. Or even set shots from three feet. Then again, I don't make seven figures playing basketball for a living. :lol:

^

Reminds me of when Michael Jackson dangled his kid over his hotel balcony. Smart people out there I guess.

209 is the world record.

Ha ha! How is that even possible. I'm pretty sure I couldn't hit 209 layups. Or even set shots from three feet. Then again, I don't make seven figures playing basketball for a living. :lol:

Neither does the guy who has the record. He's 60 years old

• Fire 1

^

209 is the world record.

Neither does the guy who has the record. He's 60 years old

He's 60, huh? Well, maybe if I quit my job and start practicing right now...

:lol:

Two fans attempt to bankrupt Knicks owner James Nolan by consuming vast quantities of free concessions on Fan Appreciation Night.

We Consumed $600 Worth of Free Food on Fan Appreciation Night

5Uuk0mu.png

18:23: Tickets acquired, we wait penned up like cattle in the lobby until MSG security opens the gates and lets our small but pushy crowd up into the towers and toward the action.

18:30: We're in! Free Knicks hats presented by Chase! Did you know Chase is the best brand? Very good brand.

18:31: We hop off the escalators a couple floors early and head for the lowest level to check on the most premium food. We immediately encounter a Garden employee standing beside a table heaped with packaged treats: Cracker Jacks, peanut M&Ms, regular M&Ms, Twizzlers, and ziggurats of popcorn boxes. These tables line the outer wall as far as we can see. Rodger asks the man if that food is indeed free, and he confirms, but notes that the other stuff on that level -- the hot, prepared food from stalls -- is not free. Just as we suspected, there's a catch to Fan Appreciation Night. Disappointed, we each grab some candy and ride the escalators up to where we're supposed to sit.

18:35: We remember we're both really hungry and start circling our near-empty level for dinner to purchase. As we pass one stall, a woman serving hot dogs asks what's wrong with us and why we're just walking by free food.

... wait a second. But only popcorn and candy and stuff is free?

"Who told you that?"

A guy downstairs.

"He's lying. Everything is free."

Everything? Burgers? Lobster rolls?

"Everything. Take some hot dogs."

We each take a hot dog and bolt back downstairs.

HT_hoarder_home_07_jef_150415_16x9_992.j

Nebraska Siblings Relive Childhood in Hoarding House

By NICOLE PELLETIERE, 12 hours ago, Good Morning America, ABC News
Geoff Johnson and his sister Jennifer McShea grew up in the quiet, suburban neighborhood of Bellevue, Nebraska. "We had a relatively normal life," Johnson told ABC News. "My mom involved us in a lot of activities like soccer, baseball. Our parents were divorced, but it wasn't too much out of the ordinary.
"We had food and clothing and shelter, but not in the typical way -- not in the conditions we lived in." For as long as they can remember, Johnson, 38, and McShea, 36, lived in a hoarding house compacted with clutter, trash and defective appliances.

I like seeing stuff like this. It makes me feel less bad about my own messy place. :lol:

HT_hoarder_home_07_jef_150415_16x9_992.j

Nebraska Siblings Relive Childhood in Hoarding House

By NICOLE PELLETIERE, 12 hours ago, Good Morning America, ABC News
Geoff Johnson and his sister Jennifer McShea grew up in the quiet, suburban neighborhood of Bellevue, Nebraska. "We had a relatively normal life," Johnson told ABC News. "My mom involved us in a lot of activities like soccer, baseball. Our parents were divorced, but it wasn't too much out of the ordinary.
"We had food and clothing and shelter, but not in the typical way -- not in the conditions we lived in." For as long as they can remember, Johnson, 38, and McShea, 36, lived in a hoarding house compacted with clutter, trash and defective appliances.

I like seeing stuff like this. It makes me feel less bad about my own messy place. :lol:

Haha if you ever want to feel better about yourself, just watch a couple episodes of Hoarders

robo-chef.jpg

ROBOT ARMS THAT COOK

THIS MACHINE LEARNS TO COOK BY WATCHING YOU
By Rachel Fobar Posted April 14, 2015

The 2011 MasterChef champion Tim Anderson has a new apprentice--a robo-chef. “It’s the ultimate sous-chef,” Anderson told BBC News. “You tell it to do something--whether it’s a bit of prep or completing a whole dish from start to finish--and it will do it.”
<snip>
According to the company, the mechanical chef, which incorporates 20 motors, 24 joints and 129 sensors, learns how to cook by watching a plain old human chef, whose movements are turned into commands that drive the robot hands. Moley hopes to eventually create a product that can do everything from preparing the ingredients to cleaning up the kitchen, and include a built-in refrigerator and dishwasher.
So, would it need oven mitts and serving ladles? Or would it just reach into the oven or into boiling water with its robot hands? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhqVCKF9cEI

Barn owl prevails during surprise in-flight attack by northern harrier
April 20, 2015 by Pete Thomas

Jerry Liguori studies raptors for a living, so it was second nature for the researcher to begin videotaping the moment he saw a barn owl flying across a snowy field with a vole in its talons. But the last thing Liguori expected to see through the viewfinder was a northern harrier swoop in from behind the owl, and clutch the vole in its talons, nearly flipping the owl in mid-flight.

Pretty cool video. That owl had a pretty good grip on its prey. :lol: