*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

tumblr_mq558gU29r1so0hmho1_400.jpg

I just bought this special offer from cigarsinternatioal.com through a link I saw advertised on HB:

All this for $29.95! THANKS HB!!

- Whitetail Glasstop Humidor (50 Capacity)

- Cohiba Red Dot Robusto (5x49)

- Hoyo Excalibur Epicure (5.2x50)

- La Gloria Cubana Serie R #5 (5.5x54)

- Macanudo Hyde Park (5.5x49)

- CAO Black Bengal (6x50)

- Punch Pita (6.1x50)

- Gurkha Legend Vintage ‘01 XO (6x60)

- Torano Exodus Silver Robusto (4.7x52)

- Garo Double Habano (7.0x48)

- Graycliff ‘G2’ PGX Toro (6x50)

Not sure if this deal is still available. Here is the link the ad on HB redirected me to:

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/samplers/64856/top-shelf-glass-top-humidor-sampler-2/

tumblr_mq558gU29r1so0hmho1_400.jpg

I just bought this special offer from cigarsinternatioal.com through a link I saw advertised on HB:

All this for $29.95! THANKS HB!!

- Whitetail Glasstop Humidor (50 Capacity)

- Cohiba Red Dot Robusto (5x49)

- Hoyo Excalibur Epicure (5.2x50)

- La Gloria Cubana Serie R #5 (5.5x54)

- Macanudo Hyde Park (5.5x49)

- CAO Black Bengal (6x50)

- Punch Pita (6.1x50)

- Gurkha Legend Vintage ‘01 XO (6x60)

- Torano Exodus Silver Robusto (4.7x52)

- Garo Double Habano (7.0x48)

- Graycliff ‘G2’ PGX Toro (6x50)

Not sure if this deal is still available. Here is the link the ad on HB redirected me to:

http://www.cigarsint...idor-sampler-2/

Nice one! puff.gif

I've got a stupid cigar question. I'm not a cigar guy but about 15 years ago I brought back some Cubans that I got in Venezuela. I still have a couple Monte Cristo's in the original metal tube. They have not been humidity controlled or anything. They seem to be very very very dry, like if I lit the thing it would fry it in about 2 seconds. My question; did I let these go to waste or should they still be good? And, if still good, what should I do to re-moisturize them. I don't have a humidor or anything like that.

I've got a stupid cigar question. I'm not a cigar guy but about 15 years ago I brought back some Cubans that I got in Venezuela. I still have a couple Monte Cristo's in the original metal tube. They have not been humidity controlled or anything. They seem to be very very very dry, like if I lit the thing it would fry it in about 2 seconds. My question; did I let these go to waste or should they still be good? And, if still good, what should I do to re-moisturize them. I don't have a humidor or anything like that.

I dunno if this would work, but here's a youtube vid:

I have some real old, dried out cigars so I might be trying this same thing. But the ones I have aren't Cubans. Just dime store sticks I'm fiddling around with. :lol:

Took me a little over two months, in an isolated humidor, to bring back some sticks that were 2 years dried out. You can use a combo of a covered plastic container, water, and cedar strips to bring them back to life...if you don't have a humidor.

Took me a little over two months, in an isolated humidor, to bring back some sticks that were 2 years dried out. You can use a combo of a covered plastic container, water, and cedar strips to bring them back to life...if you don't have a humidor.

Is there any way of telling when/if they're good again? Just by touch?

Yeah, you will definetley be able to tell by touch. They should also darken a bit in color.

Yeah, you will definetley be able to tell by touch. They should also darken a bit in color.

I figured I could put them in a box/can/bag with a wet sponge and they would naturally re-moisturize. (FYI it is very dry here in northern Colorado-sort of like desert dry) But, I was thinking that possibly too much moisture, too fast, might cause them to mold or mildew or sumthin yucky like that. I guess I'll just try it until they seem right and then, after that, if they taste bad or look funny I'll just toss em.

They still smell good so I think there is hope.