Wisconsin

The biggest concern is our rush defense vs. their rush offense. We're ranked 86th nationally in rush defense, our only major Achilles' heel. The tale of the tape:

Nebraska

Category - National Rank (Conference Rank)

Rush Offense - 5 (1)

Pass Efficiency Offense - 10 (1)

Total Offense - 9 (1)

Scoring Offense - 8 (1)

Rush Defense - 86 (11)

Pass Efficiency Defense - 23 (4)

Total Defense - 51 (8)

Scoring Defense - 39 (9)

Wisconsin

Category - National Rank (Conference Rank)

Rush Offense - 86 (11)

Pass Efficiency Offense - 63 (8)

Total Offense - 110 (12)

Scoring Offense - 100 (10)

Rush Defense - 13 (3)

Pass Efficiency Defense - 59 (10)

Total Defense - 31 (5)

Scoring Defense - 33 (6)

I'm a little surprised to see their rush offense so low-ranked, but I think a lot of that has to do with Ball being dinged up. White is a more-than-capable replacement, and there's still every chance Ball plays anyway. I think our best bet in this game is to stack the box, sell out vs. the run, and try to put them in third-and-long, then kill whichever QB they put in the pocket.

Look at their stats through four games, and against so-so competition (#45 SOS) they don't rank in the top 25 in any category except Rush Defense.

Sell out against the run, keep a weather eye on Jared Abbrederis, and we should be able to outscore them.

It's shocking how much Wisconsin's offense plummeted since last year. Shocking and mildly humorous. :lol:

Yeah, they finished last year 14th in Total Offense and 6th in Scoring. I'm not sure where they were after non-con last year, but I'm guessing they were a bit higher.

Yeah, they finished last year 14th in Total Offense and 6th in Scoring. I'm not sure where they were after non-con last year, but I'm guessing they were a bit higher.

I don't think I can remember any team falling that much from one year to the next. I guess because they lost so many people on offense, both players and coaches. Then again, we have a LOT of football left. I just hope if they are able to regroup and pull it together, that it doesn't happen in the next five days. :lol:

Dont want to be a debbie downer here but we dont rank in the top 25 except pass defense and our SOS is lower then theres. Southern Miss hasnt even won a game yet. So I wouldnt put to much into those stats just yet. I hope we can play mistake free football.

SOS this early is largely irrelevant.

Offensive PPG

Wisconsin - 21.5

Nebraska - 48.5

Defensive PPG

Wisconsin - 17.8

Nebraska - 19.0

That's a fairly large discrepancy. We should win this, no excuses.

I don't think I can remember any team falling that much from one year to the next. I guess because they lost so many people on offense, both players and coaches. Then again, we have a LOT of football left. I just hope if they are able to regroup and pull it together, that it doesn't happen in the next five days. :lol:

Texas?

Texas?

You mean post-Vince UT, or Whorns 2010? I don't think either offense fell as much or sucked as bad as Wisconsin this year. So far anyway.

OSU barely beat UW. OSU killed UCLA, we lost to UCLA. This will be a closer game than people will expect

Final score was 27-20, not exactly "killing" UCLA. Also we lost at UCLA, and UCLA lost at Oregon St. Plus the transitive property doesn't hold in college football.

Pretty sure UCLA loss to Oregon St was AT the Rose Bowl........