Wisconsin D-End Provides Bulletin Board "Throwing Rocks" Material

Landlord

If there is one game I want Bo to abandon all class and run up the score it's this one right here. If we get a chance we better put up 60.

On a side note, what does this guy have to be confident about? They are going on the road with a freshman walk on QB That will be playing his first game away from home at one of the toughest places to play in the nation. Also, their all world running back still has not been medically cleared to play.

I am not sure the bolded is true. Sure, being a night game will add to the rowdiness, but I am not sure anyone fears playing at Memorial Stadium at this time.

If there is one game I want Bo to abandon all class and run up the score it's this one right here. If we get a chance we better put up 60.

On a side note, what does this guy have to be confident about? They are going on the road with a freshman walk on QB That will be playing his first game away from home at one of the toughest places to play in the nation. Also, their all world running back still has not been medically cleared to play.

I am not sure the bolded is true. Sure, being a night game will add to the rowdiness, but I am not sure anyone fears playing at Memorial Stadium at this time.

You can disagree. That's fine. But let's put it this way, Memorial Stadium isn't exactly Purdue or Indiana. Might want to ask OU from 09 if they'd like to come back and listen to the crowd. Same with Michigan State.

Might want to ask OU from 09 if they'd like to come back and listen to the crowd. Same with Michigan State.

Or Northwestern, when you could hear a pin drop at points in the game? Or Ohio State for the middle 1/3rd of the game?

Student section...nosebleed...blue hairs...crowd noise...blah blah blah. There are a few points in which our crowd has gotten 'up' for the game--2001 OU/NU was incredible, more so than 2009 IMO.

More often than not, though, it seems that we (as a collective fan base) let the kids down when it comes to crowd noise. Perhaps the new AD will rectify this?

Can someone attest to this that has made many a road trips to away games (yes, those who like to play against away games)? Do we really have that much higher percentage of "older" fans in our crowds compared to other places, or is it just a perception blown way out of proportion?

I would say that is a fair assessment, although there are a lot of factors that go into that kind of thing. Being that tickets are expensive, as well as even getting to sniff the top of the waiting list, and generally the older generation has the most money, it kind of plays a part.

Glad I read before posting. This is exactly what I was thinking.

I clapped when Idaho State scored. I felt sorry for them.

If we have a chance to run up the score Saturday, by all means, go for it!