Wisconsin D-End Provides Bulletin Board "Throwing Rocks" Material

Landlord

If you win, you look like a guy who's not afraid to fire up your own team and get in the head of your opponent. If you lose, ya look like a jackass...

More times than not, they look like jackasses. On top of the numerous Nebraska players that have pulled this crap in the last decade (to me it started with Jamal Lord going at it with El Roberson in 2003), you see it all over the country. They then proceed to come out and crap their pants. Missouri had a player this year before the Georgia game, saying the SEC was boring and there wasnt a team they couldnt beat.

I agree. Keep the smack talk to yourself.... every time I see/read a player from any team START the smack talk...the score result doesn't usually go in there favor.

I hate to say it, but a lot like Cally used Lucky out of the backfield.

Why hate to say it? Callahan has a great offensive mind--it was his attachment to his failing defensive coordinator that did him in.

If Callahan had grown a pair and replaced Cosgrove with someone competent as Defensive Coordinator, Callahan would still be coaching to this day IMO.

Wisconsin is a chatty program. Lot of yacking for a team with the same record with a loss against a worse opponent.

Yes, but Oregon State did beat UCLA...

• Fire 1

So far this year, Gilbert has 7 solo tackles, 7 assisted tackles, 2.5 TFL, 1 sack, 1 BU, 1 PD, and 2 QB hurries.

(Not really relevant, I was just bored)

That would be a great game. For a third of a season, not so great.

We're already a third of the way through the season.....that is depressing. It goes by way too fast!

I have said numerous times, Martinez in the passing game is only as good as the plays we call. Against an aggressive blitz, to ask him to stay in the pocket and read disguised coverage is a recipe for disaster. I still remember Wisky saying it was the easiest game they planned for all last season. That has got to change! The WR screens or short RB screens in the flats will eat the blitz alive. Haven't seen it from Beck yet, but hope we will on Sat. I hate to say it, but a lot like Cally used Lucky out of the backfield.

Wouldn't lend itself to either Taylor's skills or the skills of our offense. How has Taylor not been pretty darn effective at hanging back in the pocket, throwing it to our deep threats?

It's true that Wisky said it was the easiest to gameplan for all last season. IMO, that comes down to Taylor's limitations both running the offense, and with his skillset. Limitations that have to be considerably less this year.

In any case though, as long as we can protect Taylor, having him back in the pocket is probably the best use of our passing game. He has the arm to put the ball up there. He is prone to poor decisions, and at least a pick off a long bomb is just a long punt. If we only threw short all day, it'd be risk without the big-play reward.

And the screen game isn't that trivial. I don't think it would be a good thing to ask Taylor to make decisions and soft timing throws in the face of unblocked pressure. We also probably haven't devoted the resources to working in the screen game like we did under Callahan. We may or may also no longer have Callahan's expertise in drawing up a screen game into his schemes.

I would like us to have some contingency plan for blitzing, although I think it just comes down to Taylor being more prepared this year and being able to make better decisions under pressure. If he can't do that no amount of clever gameplanning is really going to fix it.