Wisconsin D-End Provides Bulletin Board "Throwing Rocks" Material

Landlord

This dude just won't shut up. A NEW article with more quotes:

"It's definitely going to be a priority," Gilbert said of delivering hits on Martinez. "I mean, let's face it, he's a soft kid.

"When things don't go his way and when he fumbles a little bit, that comes with getting hit hard and getting hit hard the whole game. That's an element we're trying to bring to the D-line."

"They'll be in their environment, but when your crowd starts booing you, what are you going to do? How are you going to respond? That's the kind of response we're going to find out from Taylor Martinez on Saturday."

http://host.madison....1a4bcf887a.html

Barring 10 INTs, I don't think Memorial Stadium would ever boo Martinez. I really hope the players have seen these ridiculous comments and plant this fool squarely on his ass all night.

This dude just won't shut up. A NEW article with more quotes:

"It's definitely going to be a priority," Gilbert said of delivering hits on Martinez. "I mean, let's face it, he's a soft kid.

"When things don't go his way and when he fumbles a little bit, that comes with getting hit hard and getting hit hard the whole game. That's an element we're trying to bring to the D-line."

"They'll be in their environment, but when your crowd starts booing you, what are you going to do? How are you going to respond? That's the kind of response we're going to find out from Taylor Martinez on Saturday."

http://host.madison....1a4bcf887a.html

Nice to see badger fans in the comments section (all 2 of them so far) telling this idiot to shut his mouth.

“It still looks like he’s skipping rocks out there to me,” Gilbert said. “But that’s not my concern. That’s probably more a concern of the defensive backs. My concern is hitting him. I don’t care what he throws like. I’m not trying to let him throw at all.

“He still can’t throw. I’m just going to say it. He still can’t throw. He’s not going to beat us with his arm.”

The Badgers intercepted Martinez three times during their game with the Huskers in 2011. So far in 2012, though, Wisconsin is the only Big Ten team yet to force a defensive turnover.

angry-kitten-800x600.jpg

I think this is a good test for Martinez......a chance to shine against BCS competition on National TV. However there is still the chance that he chokes. We all know how inconsistent Taylor and O-Line are.

Well said.....I think Wis dropped quite a few guys back in coverage last year and TM tried to force.....if they do the same I think he looks to hit the RB out of the back field.

Wis LB's are really good.

As much as I love that this Wisconsin player is playing very cavalierly with PR properness, I have to say, he does make a good point here.

Taylor has always to date, struggled when rattled, and by struggled I mean had his game fall off a cliff. The smart defensive gameplan is to keep pressuring him, hitting him, confusing him, keeping him on his toes and feeling uncomfortable. Taylor I hope, will be able to respond to this. If he can't, we will be in for a long night vs. any talented, athletic defense that manages to accomplish this and catch a few breaks their way.

It's also true that our team seems to have been more stable on the road, than at home, in recent years under Bo's tenure. Sort of an us-against-the-world mentality that keeps the team extra together on road trips, while allowing the occasional struggle at home when the chips aren't down.

All that said, Wisky as a team just seems to be reeling right now. I don't think they have the horses to beat us. Maybe not even to come close.

Can someone attest to this that has made many a road trips to away games (yes, those who like to play against away games)? Do we really have that much higher percentage of "older" fans in our crowds compared to other places, or is it just a perception blown way out of proportion?

The Rose Bowl had loads of old people, but it's also far from campus.

I have to say, though, during the Southern Miss game there was a lady in her 70s behind me who was super loud the whole time and very knowledgeable. Then beside me was a woman in her 40s who didn't stand or clap a single time during the game, even during the tunnel walk and kickoff. Then she kept nagging her husband to go home starting before we were halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Can someone attest to this that has made many a road trips to away games (yes, those who like to play against away games)? Do we really have that much higher percentage of "older" fans in our crowds compared to other places, or is it just a perception blown way out of proportion?

The Rose Bowl had loads of old people, but it's also far from campus.

I have to say, though, during the Southern Miss game there was a lady in her 70s behind me who was super loud the whole time and very knowledgeable. Then beside me was a woman in her 40s who didn't stand or clap a single time during the game, even during the tunnel walk and kickoff. Then she kept nagging her husband to go home starting before we were halfway through the 3rd quarter.

This I do not understand. Why would someone, who seems to have little to no interest go to a game in the first place?