If it is up to Rex, he plays. Kid would rather play at 50% than sit out. IMO, it comes down to playing hurt vs injured. If playing will increase the damage and lead to a worse situation I think Rex would sit. If it is just painful and won't increase risk of or the actual injury I see him play. IIRC, a type 2 sprain usually takes several weeks (4-6) to heal. He was out two weeks. If he doesn't/won't/can't shirt then sit him for a few more weeks. We have a solid core of RB's. save him for the B1G. As much as I admire and like Rex, his presence on the field playing won't help us beat NW or Michicken. Our D needs to fix its issues and we need to stop the TO's on O. Save Rex and use him in the B1G.

Thought the threshold was 1/3 of the games (or 4 games).

He played against Southern Miss, Idaho State, Wisconsin, and Idaho State (also Ohio State :facepalm:)

If he plays, he can't get a medical. If he doesn't, then I'm still not sure.

We played them twice this year? :D

Yep. Once in the 4th game, and the other in a preseason scrimmage of our offense vs our defense. Ooops, did I say that.

Just thinking out loud, but I wonder if he would get a little more leeway since he didn't even play all of one series in the USM game.

I honestly would rather see Rex go pro, while he deserves a few championships at Nebraska he has done just about all he can do here and he would be a great ambassador for Nebraska in the NFL.

Just thinking out loud, but I wonder if he would get a little more leeway since he didn't even play all of one series in the USM game.

I believe the NCAA takes that into account. A game doesn't count as a game - it's amount of time played.

Rex is on the threshold of a Medical. I think all of Husker Nation would be ecstatic with another year of Rex Burkhead. Being greedy... I'd take Rex in Red next year. But I'm not holding my breath. A RB only has so many hits he can take, so many miles available to that body. He may opt for the NFL regardless of what the NCAA decides.

If he does, I'll bid him bon voyage, and hope he signs for millions and millions. I can't think of a guy who deserves it more.

• Fire 2

Being greedy... I'd take Rex in Red next year. But I'm not holding my breath. A RB only has so many hits he can take, so many miles available to that body. He may opt for the NFL regardless of what the NCAA decides.

If he does, I'll bid him bon voyage, and hope he signs for millions and millions. I can't think of a guy who deserves it more.

I feel the exact same way. Rex deserves a good payday, and I don't think he would be one to end up on 30 for 30's Broke. I just hope he can get with a team that has a good line so he can make a name for himself at the next level.

If possible I would love to see Rex back. But it concerns me that after the load he carried last year he might not ever be 100% healthy. Wishing the best for Rex...either way he did his deed for this team.

Just because he's losing his hair doesn't make him 30

Did I hit a soft spot huskerhill? I was talking about the beating his knees and ankles must have endured over the last couple of years with his high number of carries. He carried this team on his back...has nothing to do with his age.

If he would happen to get a medical, what do you think that would do to the RB's thinking, that are currently on the team, especially Cross? Do they stay or think of leaving?

Good point. Not only to the guys we currently have, but to recruits as well. If the other RB's stunk, then I can see Bo going all in to get the shirt. The good thing is that between AA, Heard, Cross, and Jan we seem to be pretty stocked at RB.

If he would happen to get a medical, what do you think that would do to the RB's thinking, that are currently on the team, especially Cross? Do they stay or think of leaving?

Good point. Not only to the guys we currently have, but to recruits as well. If the other RB's stunk, then I can see Bo going all in to get the shirt. The good thing is that between AA, Heard, Cross, and Jan we seem to be pretty stocked at RB.

However, if it was understood between all of the RB's that Rex's main presence was to provide leadership, would they mind? Just curious. Of course Rex would play another year but maybe not as much and his presence would lend that leadership that is so lacking on our current team. I don't mean that to sound like Bo & Co. are 'using' Rex just for his leadership qualities but if that was a main point, and all involved understood this, would they be offended?