From a Northwestern fan...

I'm sure their athletic dept disagrees with him. Huskerfans not only filled the stadium that day but plenty of those folks bought NW season tickets. Would they prefer to have NW fans filling the stadium? Of course, but the reality is the program has a meh following and huskerfans made the program money they wouldn't otherwise make.

Maybe, like me, you're a Cubs fan. We've got a lifetime of losing in common there. Or maybe, like me, you're a Bulls fan, and maybe you're old enough to vividly recall the championship runs of the 90s. We've got past glory in common there. Or maybe, like me, you're a Bears fan, and you can barely even remember the last time they won the title (Jim McMahon, The Fridge and Sweetness got it done in 1985). Does it matter? Aren't you still a Bears fan? I am. Screw the titles - Bear Down Bears! ! ! Right?

Thanks. I'm surprised this discussion is well into Michigan week. No I'm a White Sox fan though I grew up near Wrigley. However, many nearby schools took field trips to Wrigley, especially before the 1969 season. At the time I was far more interested in the Ron Santo Pizza vendor walking the aisles than the game. But when I went to Sox games, I paid attention to the game. Some of my classmates walked to Wrigley after school and the ushers would let the kids in for free after the 8th-9th inning in the bleachers. Yes I am a Bears fan. Despite all the Bulls championships, and the Sox and Blackhawks, the 1985 Bears season was the most fun I ever had as a sports fan and was like an obsessed Nebraska fan (Super bowl shuffle for some younger fans who may have missed http://www.metacafe.com/watch/69344/super_bowl_shuffle/ ). I did suffer through some bad Bears football in the late sixties at Wrigley, but the bright spot it that I was at the game when Brian Piccolo scored a touchdown before his bout with cancer, and some games with nasty hits by Butkus. The point is that tickets were easier to get with the team down. And I took advantage of that and enjoyed the games. This is the situation with Nebraska fans. Tickets were available (but not because Northwestern plays bad football) and Nebraska fans are took advantage. More power to them. Chicago fans had plenty of chances to buy tickets, Northwestern had almost a daily front page small ad on the front page of the Chicago Tribune for season tickets. And for single tickets there were plenty of opportunities to buy reasonably priced aftermarket tickets. So I don't see the issue here really, other than a frustrated fan that could have easily gotten a ticket if he wanted to.

I get that he's mad, but I think he's being pretty irrational for being angry at the traveling fans for taking advantage of NW's athletic department's policy. He should be railing against *that* not against the people who bought the tickets. It's not like there was some big conspiracy between the athletic department and every NU ticket purchaser, he has to understand that, right? It's not like anyone (that I know of, anyway) was like, "Oh! Northwestern sells their tickets like THIS, let's all get together and buy them all up!" There are just ALWAYS thousands of NU fans who will want to buy tickets and will click the "BUY" button on your website or wherever to get them. They will buy whatever is offered. So the problem isn't with each individual fan, unaware of the purchases made by every other fan, it's with the AD selling tickets.

Basically, I'm saying, don't be a dick about this, guy.

Northwestern fans, here is how you solve your problem.

Have a team that wins at least 9 games a rear for nearly 50 years, throw in some undefeated seasons, 5 National Championships and I will promise you that no team will ever take over your stadium.

don't feel bad that Husker fans turned your stadium RED, look what we did to Notre Dame and Touchdown Jesus!

what this poster doesn't realize is that most of the people that did buy the season tickets usually give the rest of the tickets to a charity or Big Brothers/Sisters so they can benefit from it. Its not like they buy these tickets and then throw the rest away.

I saw tickets for ale on Yahoo Sports as low as $22.00 each. We got tickets half way up on the 50 yard line for $97.00. Sounds to me like there are a lot of NWU fans who just want to get rid of their tickets.

One thing is for sure, I know where I will be whenever we play in Chicago.

T_O_B

G>B>R

:throwdabones1: