back in the top 25

Let's just hope the team remembers UCLA, Ohio State and Northwestern. They tend to get big heads REALLY fast, and success often breeds complacency with these guys. Hopefully they're over that, and hopefully refusing the Blackshirts after last week was evidence.

The only game that matters right now is Sparty. We play at their house, and with that defense they could beat us 10-3, real easy.

Focus on the game at hand, let the rankings and everything else take care of itself.

If MSU's defense gets a couple of turnovers, it will be an uncomfortably close game. We'll need a balanced attack to be able to run on them. I thought we would have more difficulty with UM defense. +300 yards makes me think we can move the ball against MSU. Limiting turnovers will be important.

I think IF we win out...

We might be able to scratch the top 15.

Top 10? No way.

Doesn't really matter. Rankings are really only important if we're in the discussion of the BCS Title Game.

As long as we stay focused, play smart, and win out, the rest should take care of itself.

Huskers vs Trojans in the Rose Bowl would be the ideal situation (assuming that Oregon plays Alabama for the title)

Won't be USC. They could be a five loss team.

I hate these threads.

We shouldn't be focused on anything but who we play next week. Anytime I start to think about how high we could climb in the polls... We lose.

I guess for me thinking about the polls is just bad luck.

As fans its fun to speculate... as long as the players aren't doing it we'll be fine.

I hate these threads.

We shouldn't be focused on anything but who we play next week. Anytime I start to think about how high we could climb in the polls... We lose.

We need Bo to develop a process for fans. It would probably mimic the team's process. Since the UCLA game I try not to think about whether we are going to win or lose. I'm more interested in seeing improvement each week. Win or lose, as long as we are playing up to our potential, I'm satisfied. These last two games indicate that we haven't always done this. I think it's going to be exciting to see how good we can be by the end of the season. This team might have a much higher ceiling than we know.

• Fire 1

A big reason why I was thinking about how far we could climb is because of recruiting. I really believe if we keep winning and climbing in the polls than we will have a good chance at pulling some of these kids who are still looking at teams ranked ahead of us. I also think it is something fun to speculate on where we can be.

I hate these threads.

I hate these kind of posts.... Why does it matter what the fans are focused on? I mean, I've already thought about the possiblility of a National Title run next year with the returning talent on offense, and the improvements on D, along with the easier schedule.... If the team is focused, it doesn't matter what the fans are thinking about....

I hate these threads.

I hate these kind of posts.... Why does it matter what the fans are focused on? I mean, I've already thought about the possiblility of a National Title run next year with the returning talent on offense, and the improvements on D, along with the easier schedule.... If the team is focused, it doesn't matter what the fans are thinking about....

As have I.

I was merely indicating that whenever I start thinking about what MIGHT happen should we win out, how high we might get... I just tend to feel foolish when the team comes out and plays flat like they have a penchant for doing.

It doesn't really bug me that much. Just feels sometimes like thinking about polls is jinxing us.

But I bet I"m the best person to ever combine the concepts of superstition and sports. Silly me.

I hate these threads.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. AS A FANBASE OUR SPECULATION HAS A DIRECT TIE-IN TO THE MENTALITY, FOCUS, AND MINDSET OF THE TEAM.

Personally I could care less what our ranking is. We raise great, just win games, play right is all that is important. Not really excited about the Rose Bow, with the loss to Ohio State, to me we will not be the true champion no matter what.

If we win out, I guess we deserve to be there, better than someone else, but if Ohio State finished undefeated, we won nothing, it was given to us. Not a negative on the team, but a loss means as much as a win. I had hoped Penn State would beat Ohio State and we would beat Penn State, then I could justify the champion mode.

I know most do not think that way and it is fine. Just a different drummer I guess.

But we have a lot of work to do, before we even think about the Rose Bowl.

Just keep winning. That is needed for recruiting.

I hate these threads.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. AS A FANBASE OUR SPECULATION HAS A DIRECT TIE-IN TO THE MENTALITY, FOCUS, AND MINDSET OF THE TEAM.

If the players didn't read these boards I'd say you were correct. But they do. Who knows what affect that has on them. They've gotten big heads before - or, at least, played like they had big heads. Maybe we do have some effect.