God Hates Gays

Well I'm drunk and my brain loves logic, so there you go.

So does mine. And I've investigated some really hard questions on abiogenesis, metaphysics in quantum mechanics, and frankly a multitude of other issues and came out with an overwhelming conclusion of evidence (both scientific and philosophical) for the existence of God.

Be careful to not insinuate that only the God-less contingency has a corner on logic. It plays strongly into the fallacy of "appeal to majority," especially with the scientific community.

It is in mans nature as a species to help one another.

Serious lulz. Neo-Darwinists have some serious egg on their face in the 21st century, don't they? You may not be a neo-Darwinist, Hedley...but you're making their case very, very difficult.

Keep up the good work.

You don't feel man as a species is wired to help the group or pack? Man is drawn towards being part of a community. History shows this time and time again. Strength in numbers is something you see in several species. Whether it be for the hunt with spears and arrows etc man has a pack mentality. Helping your fellow pack only strengthens the pack.

After taking several world religion and religious philosophy classes this is where I stand in respect to religion, god and man as a species. I may be wrong. So may any of you. That is what makes this such a very interesting topic.

So, are we just one big chemical reaction? Nothing more?

Yes to the first, and who really knows to the second.

So, if that's the case, then why do we even care about the shootings that took place in Connecticut? After all, all the guy did was stop chemical reactions from continuing.

Because the chemical reaction in my brain are telling me that it is a very sad thing.

So, are we just one big chemical reaction? Nothing more?

Yes to the first, and who really knows to the second.

So, if that's the case, then why do we even care about the shootings that took place in Connecticut? After all, all the guy did was stop chemical reactions from continuing.

Because the chemical reaction in my brain are telling me that it is a very sad thing.

Correct sir

If you need God to tell you not to kill or steal you have a problem. It is in mans nature as a species to help one another.

Recent events say otherwise.

For every one shooting how many good deeds were done? Someone holding a door open. Donating to charities. Giving to a food bank. You will always have bad apples. As population grows so does the number of bad apples.

In my experience, donating to charities, holding doors open and giving to food bank are met with pleasant attitudes of thankfulness because they are the exception.

Chemical reactions have feelings?

And, then shouldn't your logical brain tell you that....hmmm...those feelings are illogical and all those kids were just chemical reactions that stopped?

Your saying that your feelings are nothing but chemical reactions....so why bother paying attention to them?

Your just being pedantic. Even a god fearing man can admit that we are all just a bunch of chemical reaction and be in awe of it and praise his creator for his magnificence. I left the door open to their being more out there, because I honestly don't know and probably never will. But it seems to me that you are bordering on the denial of science so I'm not sure I want to waste my energy with you.

You leave the door open. Some people have slammed that door shut long ago because they are too logical to even think of believing there is a higher power that affects our lives.

And that's their choice. It's no more illogical than believing in Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, or any of a hundred other myths and religions. Scientifically there is a good reason not to believe in god, it tends to hinder further study. It becomes a crutch when we don't find the answer we want, or when we simply don't have the technology or ideas to solve a problem yet. And that's really a shame, so I can see how people can outright reject there being any form of a god. But on the other side of the argument people get scared and overly defensive when god seems to be receding further and further away with every knew discover and that is also sad. *edit* Wouldn't that make it all the more marvelous from a religious stand point, that someone could have created all these beings and laws and rules that govern our universe and seem so hands off from it?

Personally I'm not sure that god has any influence on anything tangible around us, but it's impossible for me to fathom something from nothing so I leave the door open.

You leave the door open. Some people have slammed that door shut long ago because they are too logical to even think of believing there is a higher power that affects our lives.

And that's their choice. It's no more illogical than believing in Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, or any of a hundred other myths and religions. Scientifically there is a good reason not to believe in god, it tends to hinder further study. It becomes a crutch when we don't find the answer we want, or when we simply don't have the technology or ideas to solve a problem yet. And that's really a shame, so I can see how people can outright reject there being any form of a god. But on the other side of the argument people get scared and overly defensive when god seems to be receding further and further away with every knew discovering and that is also sad.

Personally I'm not sure that god has any influence on anything tangible around us, but it's impossible for me to fathom something from nothing so I leave the door open.

That's pretty much where I sit at this point as well.

ZRod....

Obviously my comments aren't then about you. I completely agree that it's their choice. Heck, all of us have the freedom to believe what ever we want.

My point is, the people who claim emphatically there is no God and all we are is nothing more than chemical reactions, are just as illogical when discussing normal things that happen in life (feelings towards tragedies) than how they claim people who DO believe in God are illogical.

ZRod....

Obviously my comments aren't then about you. I completely agree that it's their choice. Heck, all of us have the freedom to believe what ever we want.

My point is, the people who claim emphatically there is no God and all we are is nothing more than chemical reactions, are just as illogical when discussing normal things that happen in life (feelings towards tragedies) than how they claim people who DO believe in God are illogical.

You're right. It's pretty hypocritical.

And for what it's worth...I'd rather be friends and hang out with 100 gays for 10 years straight than one day with one of those Westboro Nazi Hate group idiots.

Disclaimer: Unless I got to beat the sh*t out of them for the entire day.