God Hates Gays

This is tough. I've known and listened to a number of people who have lived homosexual lifestyles for x amount of years in their lives before coming to put their faith in Jesus and have ended up having some seemingly great marriages, kids, etc. Now I know they've been accused of just convincing themselves of a false truth, but the two things I would say seem pretty apparent to me are that a. While attractions can still linger, actions can be controlled and denied and b. marriage isn't about attraction, or in other words, isn't about a give-take, but is about giving selflessly.

That's a very sad and depressing view of marriage. I am attracted to my wife and certainly couldn't imagine resigning myself to a life with someone I'm not physically attracted to.

So you're saying you couldn't love your wife for the rest of your life if you weren't attracted to her. Seems pretty happy and great to me, let me know how she feels about that.

That's not what I'm saying at all. First, there's an innate attraction there that wouldn't change even if she looks different. Second, I love my best friend and would do just about anything for him, but I don't want to marry him.

Basically what you are saying is that you are fine marrying another guy, because marriage isn't about attraction. It's about love and giving selflessly.

This is tough. I've known and listened to a number of people who have lived homosexual lifestyles for x amount of years in their lives before coming to put their faith in Jesus and have ended up having some seemingly great marriages, kids, etc. Now I know they've been accused of just convincing themselves of a false truth, but the two things I would say seem pretty apparent to me are that a. While attractions can still linger, actions can be controlled and denied and b. marriage isn't about attraction, or in other words, isn't about a give-take, but is about giving selflessly.

That's a very sad and depressing view of marriage. I am attracted to my wife and certainly couldn't imagine resigning myself to a life with someone I'm not physically attracted to.

So you're saying you couldn't love your wife for the rest of your life if you weren't attracted to her. Seems pretty happy and great to me, let me know how she feels about that.

That's not what I'm saying at all. First, there's an innate attraction there that wouldn't change even if she looks different. Second, I love my best friend and would do just about anything for him, but I don't want to marry him.

Basically what you are saying is that you are fine marrying another guy, because marriage isn't about attraction. It's about love and giving selflessly.

That's close to what I'm saying, but not the point I was trying to make. I mean that attraction is an important part of marriage, but isn't entirely mandatory and wasn't designed to be (nor should it be) the foundation of what makes a marriage work. You said you couldn't imagine living the rest of your life with someone you aren't attracted to - what if (and I don't mean to be insensitive here), hypothetically speaking, your wife got into a horrible accident? I believe you would probably be capable of staying with her and loving her, right? Unfortunately there are a lot of people in the world that DO make attraction the dealbreaker and we see how that almost never works out.

Seriously, read the article I linked; I think it's a great example of what lies at the heart of marriage.

• 2 weeks later...

The fact is, there are a gazzillion reasons why certain people are gay. There isn't just one reason.

God loves everyone but he doesn't love everything we do.

We as humans are not the judges of what or who God "hates". In fact, I'm pretty sure if God were here, he would not ever use the word hate.

i guess you didn't read the old testament

The fact is, there are a gazzillion reasons why certain people are gay. There isn't just one reason.

God loves everyone but he doesn't love everything we do.

We as humans are not the judges of what or who God "hates". In fact, I'm pretty sure if God were here, he would not ever use the word hate.

i guess you didn't read the old testament

i guess you didn't read the new testament

It's all those pages after the old one.

Proverbs 6: 16-19

16 There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him: 17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, 18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil,19 a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

Hebrews 13: 8

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Proverbs 6: 16-19

16 There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him: 17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, 18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil,19 a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

Hebrews 13: 8

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

"a man who stirs up dissension among brothers" --- that would be a troll, right? lol But since it's seventh in the list, does God hate trolls? Or just detest them?

I never got that most people thought God was all loving no matter what. It never made sense because the laws would be worthless if they were never followed and supposedly led a much better life with the help of God. It's like there are some things that people never forgive others of no matter what. Quite honestly Jesus doesn't make sense sometimes and always like that you should always be kept in sin because nothing you could do. I mean Jesus says "those who look at women lustfully already committed adultry even if you are single and so is she" now that's not word for word but that statement is outrageous and no matter what you will be guilty of mind crimes. I would say a man who never looks at a women lustfully sometimes doesn't have any testosterone. stuff like that doesn't make sense.

Well I'm drunk and my brain loves logic, so there you go.

Remarkably good typing; seriously if it were me, it'd look something like this:

Coiuwme oinkl mnaannnn!

My drunk typing ability is pretty f'ing spectacular; if i was half as good at the business world as I am at drunk typing, I'd be making 90k/yr easy.