God Hates Gays

Well I've got a few things to........oh nevermind.

Actually, I do have one thing to say about the title. IMO anything that follows "God hates......" cannot be attributed to God but rather to some misguided human who thinks they understand the mind of God but they really have no clue. I dunno, I was always taught that God doesn't hate anybody and that even the most vile among us almost always has the opportunity to receive forgiveness. But that's me, opinions may differ.

So that begs the question;

If the person saying "God hates..." has a misunderstanding on the mind of god, how do the people who taught you that god doesn't hate anybody...know how the mind of god works?

I think the logical answer would be if God wanted homosexuality in humans he would have given them the ability to procreate.

note: this is not my view nor do I endorse it. I am just giving what I would think is the only logical reason why God would hate homosexuals.

there are people who can not reproduce who are heterosexual. maybe homosexuality is a mechanism for population control.

Just like women getting fatter

• Fire 2

I think the logical answer would be if God wanted homosexuality in humans he would have given them the ability to procreate.

note: this is not my view nor do I endorse it. I am just giving what I would think is the only logical reason why God would hate homosexuals.

And if god loved his female humans who are biologically unable to have children...he would have given them the ability to have children.

So god only cares about procreation? Of course you'd have to explain animals have sex for non-procreation reasons.

btw, I acknowledge your note (and know the OP's trolling post ;) Just adding fuel to the fire

Actually, I do have one thing to say about the title. IMO anything that follows "God hates......" cannot be attributed to God but rather to some misguided human who thinks they understand the mind of God but they really have no clue. I dunno, I was always taught that God doesn't hate anybody and that even the most vile among us almost always has the opportunity to receive forgiveness. But that's me, opinions may differ.

If the person saying "God hates..." has a misunderstanding on the mind of god, how do the people who taught you that god doesn't hate anybody...know how the mind of god works?

And that begs the question; why would someone who doesn't believe God exists be concerned what God does or doesn't think?

Oh, so now you see the real reason I made this thread - you are right, as should have been obvious from my original post :)

And that begs the question; why would someone who doesn't believe God exists be concerned what God does or doesn't think?

That person is probably concerned because the worshipers of a god they think hates gay people...like to make laws that affect those same people.

• Fire 4

I would think God would take the extra step and make homosexuality a biological impossibility. Considering that homosexual traits are observed in other species as well, it seems to be something that just naturally arises in a subset of the population. Homosexuality can't be treated as an act that's running counter to nature, when it's nature itself that's the cause for such behavior.

That person is probably concerned because the worshipers of a god they think hates gay people...like to make laws that affect those same people.

I suppose you would have to address your question to someone who actually believes that God hates gays (or anyone else for that matter). I'm not that person. I do have a bit of advice however; if you want people to listen to and respect your views on things such as this, it might be prudent to not mock others beliefs or belittle them or tell them they've got it all wrong. It makes it real difficult to respect anothers opinions and beliefs if they are constantly mocking yours.

I would think God would take the extra step and make homosexuality a biological impossibility. Considering that homosexual traits are observed in other species as well, it seems to be something that just naturally arises in a subset of the population. Homosexuality can't be treated as an act that's running counter to nature, when it's nature itself that's the cause for such behavior.

Since we're actually going to get into discussion here - there are two definitions of nature if we're going to assume for a second that God exists. The first definition is what we all understand, just simply according to the laws of nature. The second definition, however, is natural in the sense of the way that God originally intended for things to be. Homosexuality is only natural to the first sense of the definition. In much the same way that natural orientations towards anger, aggression, depression, and other less than ideal or preferred tendencies, homosexuality is a result of the effects of the disease of sin on this world.

You're opening up an unfathomably huge can of worms in stating that God would step in and make certain "bad" things impossible, because where do you stop? If we're going to be consistent with the idea that God should disable evil things then the logical conclusion is that we would all be instantly eliminated, which...hey, weird, the Bible says that's exactly what we deserve and the fact that we're living is grace! :)

• Fire 1

The fact is, there are a gazzillion reasons why certain people are gay. There isn't just one reason.

God loves everyone but he doesn't love everything we do.

We as humans are not the judges of what or who God "hates". In fact, I'm pretty sure if God were here, he would not ever use the word hate.

Agreed. God speaks Latin.

• Fire 3
You better not be gay because if you are you're going to hell.

Well that settles it.

Well you will be right there with the Gays. Did not know that God approved of people sneaking into sports venues with out paying? Let me guess you like to pull rafters from other peoples eyes,but there is nothing in your eyes.