Star Wars: Episode VII **NO SPOILERS**

I need another Star Wars movie like I need a bullet in the spine.

Look, not gunna lie, I grew up on Star Wars just like everyone else, but as a (diminishing) film buff (blame the TV renaissance) all I can say is, Why? Why do I need another Star Wars film? Lucas already exhumed and desecrated that corpse. Hollywood needs to abandon their cancerous sequel/spinoff/prequel/remake culture. Maybe their ploy is to make an average movie and hope that by exceeding everyones' expectations they can cash in a few more times.

• Fire 1
  • 1 year later...

I trust JJ Abrams and have enjoyed essentially everything I have ever seen that he has been a part of.

People romanticize the original trilogy and bastardize the prequel trilogy past reality, but more than anything I fall in love with and get sucked into well-imagined worlds, and there is no more fleshed out world than the Star Wars universe.

• Fire 1

I to loved both trilogies of starwars. But do feel the prequels ruined the aspect of Vader. When the first 3 movies came out he was the most feared person in the movie. You hated seeing him as you can sense something evil was about to happen. Now after the prequels when you see him. You just feel sad for him after how he was lied to about losing his wife and kids.

THE PREQUELS WERE SO BAD AND DID SO MUCH TO DIMINISH THE MYSTIQUE AND BACKSTORY OF THE ORIGINALS THAT I CAN BARELY EVEN ENJOY WATCHING THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY ANYMORE AND FEEL EMBARRASSED FOR MYSELF THAT THEY WERE SUCH AN INFLUENTIAL PART OF MY CHILDHOOD, LET ALONE FEEL GOOD ABOUT WATCHING THEM WITH MY OWN CHILDREN! ANYONE WHO ENJOYED THE PREQUELS IS A HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING!

I DON'T LIKE JJ ABRAMS EITHER!

But I'll probably be one of the first in line for Episode VII. It's like being a victim of domestic abuse.

Hipsters. I actually enjoyed each movie for what they all brought to the table. Jar Jar, while overzealous, felt like a believable character in the universe even if the plot he was part of wasn't as strong. It was actually better than R2 and C3PO getting kidnapped all the time IMO. And yes you lose a bit of the hate towards Vader when you see the prequels, but when you see him save his son, I started to lose that hate anyways. To top it- Padme>Leia

• Fire 2

The problem with most people hating the 3 prequels and loving the first three is that they remember seeing them with the eyes of someone much younger. I was 11 years old when A New Hope came out, there was absolutely no other movie that had been done like it up to that point. It was completely new.

By the time the Prequels came out I was in my late 30's and had seen dozens of other movies that had used similar special effects. They don't wow people like they did when they were 11 years old. They are good stories and well made movies, but they don't have the same impact as when you were a child.

You can only look at something with the eyes of a child once.

• Fire 1

The problem with most people hating the 3 prequels and loving the first three is that they remember seeing them with the eyes of someone much younger. I was 11 years old when A New Hope came out, there was absolutely no other movie that had been done like it up to that point. It was completely new.

By the time the Prequels came out I was in my late 30's and had seen dozens of other movies that had used similar special effects. They don't wow people like they did when they were 11 years old. They are good stories and well made movies, but they don't have the same impact as when you were a child.

You can only look at something with the eyes of a child once.

I can see that. I was born in 92 so I was around 10 when the second trilogy had come out (had already seen the 1st set by then) and was able to thoroughly enjoy both. Star Trek on the other hand, that was some awful acting nobody should have liked.