Nebraska vs an undefeated Oregon

If Oregon goes undefeated they'll play in the championship regardless of how Notre Dame and KSU finish the season.

Doubtful. The only reason I am saying that, is the opponents that they have defeated, are not helping their case, with having losing seasons, or losing to lesser opponents. KSU has beat more ranked opponents this year than any other Collegiate team (and are still in the rankings), and still face a couple more to come. If KSU goes undefeated, and Oregon wins out, with ND defeating USC, USC will become unranked and hurt Oregon even more. Best case for Oregon, is to have USC win out if they beat them on Saturday. Same goes for Oregon State and Stanford, which is almost doubtful it will happen.

Oregon now has a defense unlike any other unit fielded by Chip. It's what makes this year's edition so scary. Not only do they have the game won by 21 points, but they just happen to tack on another 30 points for good measure-BY HALFTIME. I'm serious when I say this. I dont think even Alabama can beat them right now. Oregon is the only team I've seen that could beat Alabama straight up. It would be close, but they could do it. Kansas St and Notre Dame? No way in hell. And it would be a shame if all 4 go unbeaten and Oregon does not get the nod.

I'd take being slaughtered in the Rose Bowl over winning the Dick's Tire Service Nobody Really Cares But We're Gonna Sponsor it Anyway Bowl any day. That said, there's still a long row to hoe if we're gonna get an opportunity to get slaughtered in the Rose Bowl.

If Oregon goes undefeated they'll play in the championship regardless of how Notre Dame and KSU finish the season.

Not so fast, my friend. KSU has a tougher schedule, and Notre Dame, well, they're Notre Dame. One thing I can guarantee is that if Oregon does go undefeated and gets snubbed from the National Championship game, they are gonna be PISSED. That won't make it any easier for us if we do end up playing against them.

Oregon is to Alabama what Florida was to 95 Nebraska. They're awesome-looking until they meet a big, physical team and get run through a meat grinder. Championship football is about knocking people on their butts until they no longer want to get up. The SEC gets it. The PAC 12 doesn't.

Oregon Football reminds me of the type of car that appeals to kids: 20+ inch gold wheels with low profile tires, spoiler, neon lights underneath, loud 4 or 6 cylinder engine, and a high-watt/low-quality amp with massive subwoofers. Alabama is a 70 hemi Cuda with an 8 track.

I'd love to play Oregon to see how the program is progressing. I'd also love to play Alabama so they could show us where we need to get back to.

On the other hand, we've seen it time and time again how a snubbed team completely flops in their bowl game. Bama did it against Utah. OU did it against Boise. It happens all the time. We might very well get an Oregon team who just lost interest in even playing the game.

For that matter, Nebraska did it against Washington. Then again, we weren't really "snubbed" from anything, if my memory serves me correctly. Just didn't want to be there.