Why we should consider a new Off Coordinator

473 yards on a defense allowing an average of 260 yard per game. Shut up. We don't play in the Big 12 anymore we have to play teams that actually play defense. It's easy to sit here and type about how bad the play calling is having no experience as a cfb offensive coordinator.

First of all, watch out new guy, people have been banned for less...

If crap plays are being called on 1st and 2nd down, then it makes the 3rd down conversion that much more difficult. Apparently you don't remember what a bad OC can do to your team.

3rd and short is actually a frequent throwing situation. It helps with the running. Not like an 80% throwing, but maybe a 20 or 30% kind of deal. Perhaps higher. Makes teams not be able to stack the box and enable you to run there with success.

This is why teams at all levels throw in short yardage -- not all the time, but a percentage.

But when it's 3rd and short, Beck throws it more than 30%, I'd be willing to bet

I guess it depends on your definition of short.

3rd & 1: 14 runs, 2 passes (15 runs if you count 4th &1)

3rd & 2: 8 runs, 4 passes

3rd & 3: 3 runs, 13 passes

I find this pretty reasonable.

I mean, what do we have Cross for, window dressing? I want a consistant OC.

We just racked up 473 yards vs. the best defense in the B1G and the 6th ranked AYPP defense in the nation.

FIRE TIM BECK obviously

Yardage doesn't win a game ... scoring does.

Yeah, I thought that too, guess I was wrong...

We just racked up 473 yards vs. the best defense in the B1G and the 6th ranked AYPP defense in the nation.

FIRE TIM BECK obviously

Yardage doesn't win a game ... scoring does.

28 points against a defense that gives up an average of 15 per game and is first in the Big Ten.

Your point was..?

Let's recap:

28 points against a defense averaging 15

473 yards against a defense giving up 267

313 yards rushing against a defense giving up 91

Averaged 7.8 yards per rush against a defense giving up 3.0

Still ran the ball 40 times vs. throwing it 36 times despite not having a lead until :05 left in the game

Exactly what part of this production would anyone say is the fault of the OC?

• Fire 1

Let's recap:

Still ran the ball 40 times vs. throwing it 36 times despite not having a lead until :05 left in the game

FIRE TIM BECK

walks, I think we are batting pretty solidly on those 3rd & 3s. Going through them again I think I counted an extra pass. So 12 passes, 7 conversions. 3 runs - 1 conversion, 1 failed conversion, 1 play called back due to penalty.

Cross did get the 3rd & 3 run play conversion. Ran for 4 yards. I think I wouldn't mind it if Beck ran more on 3rd & 3 though. I have to agree that at present those stats are a little skewed, but it can change week to week. 3rd & 2 was 8 R, 0 P before the past few games.

I think you're a little too critical. Yes the pass game wasn't working all game but it worked when it mattered. And as far as rushing, with T-Mart with the majority of our rushing yrds and the power running being inconsistent all game with the only thing really effective was the zone read with T-Mart keeping it, if I was an OC I wouldn't want my QB with a career of injuries getting hurt or having to lean on him for rushing yrds. The play calling has been erratic this season but you have to remember the passing game opens up the rushing and vice versa.

Let's recap:

I think it is the lack of consistency in the play calling that is pissing some off ( me one of them ).

People act like this is NCAA on a game console where Beck can control the players with a remote control. Calling for a new OC is just laughable. If Taylor wouldn't have made numbskull decisions, each one of you saying we need a new OC, would have a different attitude. Let alone, NONE of you guys are crediting MSU's defense. If we would have just ran the ball, or zone read, we would have had faster 3 & outs, and the possibility of Taylor getting injured. You let them know your not afraid to go down the field, that opens up the Zone Read plays.

• Fire 1