What did we learn?

1) Great game winning TD catch by Turner! Some great runs by TMart today!

2) This team is crazy to watch as a fan. One minute we are imploding and the next are winning the game. Too much inconsistency. The ability to comeback now in 3 conference games this year does have a silver lining. Yes, insanely frustrating to get down against teams that often times I think we should be handily winning against...but to pull out the wins shows heart and a no quit attitude...I like that and think it bodes well for future games because we have played under a lot of pressure this year.

3) What has happened to Maher? Sort of surprised we have not seen Bondi this year.

4) I did not like that we had no sacks on the statuesque Maxwell. Soon as he sat back in the pocket I called the 46-yard TD pass. McGloin needs to see the turf if we want to beat Penn St.

5) Mizzou and Illinois suck..who can we steal?

6) LSU choked.

1) Great game winning TD catch by Turner! Some great runs by TMart today!

2) This team is crazy to watch as a fan. One minute we are imploding and the next are winning the game. Too much inconsistency. The ability to comeback now in 3 conference games this year does have a silver lining. Yes, insanely frustrating to get down against teams that often times I think we should be handily winning against...but to pull out the wins shows heart and a no quit attitude...I like that and think it bodes well for future games because we have played under a lot of pressure this year.

3) What has happened to Maher? Sort of surprised we have not seen Bondi this year.

4) I did not like that we had no sacks on the statuesque Maxwell. Soon as he sat back in the pocket I called the 46-yard TD pass. McGloin needs to see the turf if we want to beat Penn St.

5) Mizzou and Illinois suck..who can we steal?

6) LSU choked.

35oh9t.jpg

Seriously, how did they mess that up?

Oh yeah, I think my heart has a weekend regiment called Nebraska football.

i attribute the penalties to overly agressive defense, which i can live with...some refs will call those P.I's, some won't...i believe on all three of them, stanley, ciante, and blach had one of there hands tucked into the side of the receiver while they were running down the sideline, i wonder if its part of the technique our guys are taught. I think it's one of those things where im sure there is hand checks on every single pass play and its a matter of singling out the obvious ones. So it makes me wonder if our guys are taught to disguise a hand around their stomach.

Obviously Coaching is important look at Callahan he could recruit talent just couldn't get much out of it, and recruiting is a big crapshoot fact is there are a lot of can't miss kids that miss. But to suggest that all you need to do is coach em up and you will be great is ridiculous, disparity in talent overcomes coaching more times than not. Bigger, Faster, Stronger wins most of the time and Well coached bigger, faster, stronger wins almost all of the time.

i couldnt disagree more. i think its also important to look at the top ten. you have 4 teams that are really good....but after that?? nothing that is really that impressive. would they beat us right now? yes. but if we were more disciplined we could beat them

It was the best of times, and it was the worst of times.

1- on one hand; this team doesn't quit, can be quite explosive offensively, and defensively they have flashes of brilliance. It can be tough on the coronary but it is fun to watch the comebacks and to think them capable of never being out of a two or three TD game.

B- On the other hand; this team is extremely frustrating. Turnovers, stupid penalties, showing up seemingly unprepared and playing uninspired football, head-scratching play calling on both sides of the ball, and an apparent lack of sound fundamentals when it comes to basic stuff like tackling and covering a receiver. This bunch can really drive a guy to drink.

I learned that those two disparate things are what identifies this team and I no longer expect them to turn the corner or improve. It is what it is.

• As fans, we should question the penalties and turnovers. If we are going to do that we need to be fair and realize that this team doesn't give up. That is leadership and we seem to be ignoring that.
  • Lot of horrid penalties. They hurt both teams so I thought it was pretty even.

Special Teams

• Maher is going to kill me.

Offense

• Martinez is a roller coaster, but the dude must be the calmest human in the solar system. He doesn't seem to get rattled. Ice water veins.....It's incredible.

Defense

• There is only 1 D Lineman that has any chance of making an individual play. Martin.
  • LB's are tackling better.
  • Stafford can't tackle or support the corners. He's always looking for the knockout play.
  • Our DB's a few games from dominating teams. They need a little more experience. They are in great position, but they can't finish once they get there.