DT Lavon Hooks [Ole Miss Commit]

Ed Helms

If thats true and we land both Russel and Hooks, our defense has the potential to be absolutely sick next year. Russell, and Hooks in the middle, it looks like we are bringing in two Eric Martin type juco DE's. At minimum we will have Anderson, and Santos at LB (unless a RSF beats one of them out which is a good problem to have) Two lock down CB's. Jonathon Rose, and Mitchell. Along with Evans coming back to play nickel/peso. Then Harvey Jackson at safety, and I believe Baptise will be move to safety or we could see Cooper maybe even Priest Willis at the other safety position. This defense looks like it has the potential to be a vintage Black shirt defense. Add that with our offense which will be even better next year especially if we land Sanderland. Fix our punt returning problem which I think is very solvable, and I think we might be looking at a NC caliber team here!!

What happens when max pirman and trevor roach break the starting line-up because they know the playbook better? And then despite his perfect score, Sean Fisher decides to forgo med school and comes back and he starts at MLB. Then hopefully to build leadership and intelligence even further, we can find a safety from the Omaha area (preferably Millard North) that runs a 4.9 40! That is more likely to happen then your scenario of us actually playing our fast, athletic 4 star talent!

If thats true and we land both Russel and Hooks, our defense has the potential to be absolutely sick next year. Russell, and Hooks in the middle, it looks like we are bringing in two Eric Martin type juco DE's. At minimum we will have Anderson, and Santos at LB (unless a RSF beats one of them out which is a good problem to have) Two lock down CB's. Jonathon Rose, and Mitchell. Along with Evans coming back to play nickel/peso. Then Harvey Jackson at safety, and I believe Baptise will be move to safety or we could see Cooper maybe even Priest Willis at the other safety position. This defense looks like it has the potential to be a vintage Black shirt defense. Add that with our offense which will be even better next year especially if we land Sanderland. Fix our punt returning problem which I think is very solvable, and I think we might be looking at a NC caliber team here!!

What happens when max pirman and trevor roach break the starting line-up because they know the playbook better? And then despite his perfect score, Sean Fisher decides to forgo med school and comes back and he starts at MLB. Then hopefully to build leadership and intelligence even further, we can find a safety from the Omaha area (preferably Millard North) that runs a 4.9 40! That is more likely to happen then your scenario of us actually playing our fast, athletic 4 star talent!

aren't you a big ole ray of sunshine?

I'm actually a pretty big Bo fan, but if that scenario took place, would it surprise you all that much?

I'm actually a pretty big Bo fan, but if that scenario took place, would it surprise you all that much?

Fisher opting out of med school in lieu of another year of football, that would be a huge surprise to me.

Fisher opting out of med school in lieu of another year of football, that would be a huge surprise to me.

If I have to watch Fisher one more year, I'll be doing it from a hospital bed because I will have bashed my head into a wall!

Oh goody...

Another discussion about putting raw talent on the field compared to someone who actually knows the system and can play within the team.

Originally scheduled to visit Auburn this weekend, the highly coveted junior college defensive tackle from Northeast Mississippi Community College will take an official visit to Miami instead. Hooks said Auburn is still a finalist despite not taking an official visit there.

Hooks has already taken his other four official visits -- to Nebraska, Arizona State, Ole Miss and Baylor -- in November. Still, he's familiar with Mississippi State and Auburn from previous unofficial visits there. Despite not taking an official visit to see the Tigers up close, Hooks maintained that Auburn if a finalist.

Hooks, from Atlanta, said he is primarily considering Arizona State, Auburn, Miami, Mississippi State and Ole Miss, in no particular order. Hooks will make his decision soon. As a junior college prospect, he can sign with his chosen school on Wednesday.

Originally scheduled to visit Auburn this weekend, the highly coveted junior college defensive tackle from Northeast Mississippi Community College will take an official visit to Miami instead. Hooks said Auburn is still a finalist despite not taking an official visit there.

Hooks has already taken his other four official visits -- to Nebraska, Arizona State, Ole Miss and Baylor -- in November. Still, he's familiar with Mississippi State and Auburn from previous unofficial visits there. Despite not taking an official visit to see the Tigers up close, Hooks maintained that Auburn if a finalist.

Hooks, from Atlanta, said he is primarily considering Arizona State, Auburn, Miami, Mississippi State and Ole Miss, in no particular order. Hooks will make his decision soon. As a junior college prospect, he can sign with his chosen school on Wednesday.

Oh well, that makes QR an absolute must!