How many 'Huskerboard' members played football?

funhusker

How Many  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My high school line coach was pretty much like Bo. Always there to greet you when you came off the field good or bad. And if it was bad boy did you wish you could hide somewhere, but he was the same with everyone.

Got chewed out pretty bad for hitting my head on the cage because I had a bum ankle and wasn't flexible enough to make it threw, then got reamed a new one for giving up the blindside in scrimmage another time, and for slacking during a warmup for JV game when a freshman was going balls out. Sent us on runs when weren't paying attention and he had a glare that could make anyone flinch. But he was great, and was always there to give you praise when you did well.

I think that a coach that will ream your ass for something you did wrong and he treats everyone the same, makes the praise that much better.

I think that a coach that will ream your ass for something you did wrong and he treats everyone the same, makes the praise that much better.

No doubt, if I ever coach I would do my best to be like him. He was personable too, you could ask questions and get answers and shoot the sh#t with him too.

I'm not sure that this poll proves anything. There are several coaches in college and the NFL who never played football. It's not everything.

It's not asking about X's and O's, but rather an understanding of the intensity and behavior that goes along with football.

Right. I've played football before, but not in high school. I played a couple years ago on an adult league team as a tight end.

I also played baseball and basketball. I realize it's not football, but there is still a lot of competitive passion and intensity that goes into the sport. I understand that part of it.