How would you play Burkhead against Minnesota?

Fuzzy

Burkhead playing time  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If i remember correctly, Burkhead said that when he got injured against Ohio St. The Ohio St. player had twisted his leg during the tackle and he felt his knee pop, and he knew right away that he had re-injured that knee.

I mean if one tackle pops his knee out of place or twists it the wrong way. You got to think about the long term for the kid, Limited carries, that is what i would do.

If Bo and the trainers aren't completely sure that he's 100% healthy, they had better sit him out. It's a major buzzkill when he plays and gets hurt in the 1st quarter.

We shouldn't need him to win the next 2 games, so if anything, maybe play him in the Iowa game just to get him some reps during a game so he can go help us win our first conference championship in this millenium.

If the trainer says go.... then go. I would make sure the trainer and Rex are visiting after each series, but I am sure they would do this. At the first sign of trouble or pain, Rex to the bench.

This is the thing though; We have come to know Rex a little bit over the past few years, and he is going to probably push himself on the field earlier than he probably should if they let him. They need to take the decision out of his hands a little bit just for that reason. We all want to see him out there, but they have to be certain that he will be 100% before he hits the field for the sake of his future.

If Bo and the trainers aren't completely sure that he's 100% healthy, they had better sit him out. It's a major buzzkill when he plays and gets hurt in the 1st quarter.

We shouldn't need him to win the next 2 games, so if anything, maybe play him in the Iowa game just to get him some reps during a game so he can go help us win our first conference championship in this millenium.

It's not whether or not we need him to win against Minnesota. It's that this game will be the last chance for Burkhead to play as Husker in Memorial Stadium. Do you risk further injury and play him during Senior Day, or do you sit him to continue his healing process at the cost of not being able to play at Memorial Stadium as a Husker again?