Pelini's best team  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chatelain came up with an interesting question/poll which will probably feature in his Mad Chatter tomorrow.

Simple question: Rate Pelini's teams

Right now I would rate them 2009, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2011.

The 2011 offense was trying to find it's way, and really only had 1 consistent option you could count on. The defense took a big step back from 2010.

2008 had a lot of offense, but the defense just wasn't there until the end of the year.

2010 the offense was boom or bust, and after the non-conference schedule it busted more often. The defense was still there, but without Suh they weren't completely dominant everywhere.

2012 is probably the best combination of offense and defense since Pelini's been here. The offense is better than in 2008 with a lot of playmakers all over, and while the defense isn't as good as 2009 or 2010, they are really coming along.

2009 is #1 just based on how dominant the defense was. With Suh in the middle, and DBs that flew all over the place. The only thing that really makes it a discussion was because the offense was so poor. Any life out of the offense and the team wins the Big XII and goes to a BCS bowl.

2010, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2011

I can't put 2009 at #1 because the how bad the offense was and because of a little team called Iowa State but ahead of the other 2 because of a man named Suh. 2010 is the best in my mind because we dominated some decent teams even though there were some obvious mistakes in big games and we got to a high ranking of what, 5? when was the last time we were ranked that high? 2012 isn't the best yet because too many games are close and we havn't dominated anybody worth noting. 2008 was a good team but a 20-25 ranked team and nothing much better.

2009 - One of the best defenses in recent college football. Such a shame our offense was so terrible.

2012 - The offense is the most consistent in the Pelini era, but the defense has been hit and miss.

2010 - Feast or famine on offense and consistant defense from Lavonte and the Blackshirts.

2008 - A fiesty bunch led by Ganz. Special Teams was a huge for us that year.

2011 - A young team settling into a new conference and a new offensive coordinator.

It's close between 09 and 10. 2010 was a really good team. If you take out the bowl, which no one really seemed motivated to play in, it was a near-great season. We should have won the TAMU game, and if we just meltdown a little slower and hold on to beat OU, we would have been 12-1, ranked #4 or 5 and headed to a probable win over UConn in the Fiesta. That's just two bad calls and two bad plays away from 13-1 and #4 finish.

It's close between 09 and 10. 2010 was a really good team. If you take out the bowl, which no one really seemed motivated to play in, it was a near-great season. We should have won the TAMU game, and if we just meltdown a little slower and hold on to beat OU, we would have been 12-1, ranked #4 or 5 and headed to a probable win over UConn in the Fiesta. That's just two bad calls and two bad plays away from 13-1 and #4 finish.

Two bad calls and plays?

It is between the 2009, and 2012 teams. The 2009 defense contains our 2012 offense well, but doesn't completely shut them down. However, our 2012 defense would shutdown that 2009 offense. Our offense in 2009 was pathetic.

Nebraska 2009 -- 10

Nebraska 2012 -- 17

Speaking of dreaming....How about matching up the 2009 defense on the same team with the 2012 offense? Wow! :leghump:

• Fire 1

I can't decide yet, I think this team has the chance to be the best over 2009 as the defense is figuring it out and the offense is just dangerous as hell. That defense in 2009 was RIDICULOUS................one of the best defenses I've seen in quite a long time. That defense, with this offense, we're #1 in the nation right now.

I voted for this season...but I can't believe that 2010 has less votes than 2009. In 2010 we had a 10-2 regular season record. In 2009, we got blown out by Texas Tech at home, and then played the Fumble Bowl against Iowa State (also at home) and had a 9-3 regular season record. Sure, our defense was incredible...but in both seasons we lost the conference title game by less than a touchdown. 2010 seems like a markedly better year than 2009.

But I voted for this season because we'll again claim a 10-2 regular season record (which is incredible) and also because we have a more well-rounded team. That wasn't true so much in the first half of the season...but I'd say it is now.