Coaching Changes?

Who to get, accountability? I would take Chris Petersen in a heartbeat. Heartbeat.

So would I. No disagreement there whatsoever. Does he come here?

That's the question at hand here sir. Who actually accepts an offer after we fire a coach that hasnt won less than 9 wins in 5 years?

That's why Urban meyer probably laughed in Steve Pedersens face after Solich was fired, and Solich being fired was probably a lot more logical than firing Bo at this point.

accountability, I don't know the answer to that. I doubt it's as clear-cut as you make it out--that firing a 9-win coach makes us blacklisted among all potential coaches. Who would have though LSU would have lost Saban to Bama? Who would have thought Urban Meyer would have ducked out of the UF gig due to "medical problems", only to come back two years later to take over OSU? Money changes a lot of things--both are being paid royally and were signed to historically high pay with their contracts. We could get Petersen--not a guarantee, but it's not a ridiculous proposition. Depends on what Eichorst wants to do there.

ok. I get you. But....in neither of those instances you addressed the coach was not fired. Why did Urban Meyer not accept a job here in 2003? I guarantee you the money was more than what Utah had. I do appreciate you admitting you dont know the answer. that is commendable, and proves the point I'm trying to make. "I dont know". That sir is the theme of the night. Thank you.

"fire 1 of the only 4 coaches in the history of college football to win 9+ games in his first 5 seasons."

Nuff said.

Actually it's not. There is still a wide gap between us and the elite teams and that gap hasn't closed. The sad part is these face stompings aren't to the top 5 teams in the country like Osborne's was.

Keep them all. This game sucked and a lot of it had to do with coaching, no doubt. On the other hand, we are !0-3 and division champs. Everyone talks about consistency is what we need from our players, so why not give our coaching staff a couple years to become a consistent group? We are still trying to recover from firing a coach that was finishing a 9 win season. I am fine with this group for two more years ...longer if they continue to win 9 or 10 games a year.

Add to that the fact we have a new AD. A young AD. Why put him in the no-win position of having to clean house? If he mandates that Bo get rid of some staff, that sets up an ugly relationship right off. If he fires Bo in his first three months as AD, and we dont win 8 or more games next year, he will also be a lame duck forever.

Keep them all for two more years atleast.

Pelini is one of five coaches ever to win nine or more games in each of his first five years as a head coach. He inherited a 5-7 team, a team that had losing seasons two of the three years prior to taking over, and he's won over 70% of his games following that. His Strength of Schedule over that five years:

2008 - 38

2009 - 52

2010 - 39

2011 - 26

2012 - 36 (current)

So let's start firing Bo when he misses a bowl game, or when he punches a player, or when he does something criminal. Until then, this constant refrain of "fire Bo" is reactionary nonsense.

• Fire 4

Pelini is one of five coaches ever to win nine or more games in each of his first five years as a head coach. He inherited a 5-7 team, a team that had losing seasons two of the three years prior to taking over, and he's won over 70% of his games following that. His Strength of Schedule over that five years:

2008 - 38

2009 - 52

2010 - 39

2011 - 26

2012 - 36 (current)

So let's start firing Bo when he misses a bowl game, or when he punches a player, or when he does something criminal. Until then, this constant refrain of "fire Bo" is reactionary nonsense.

problem is knapp that you won't be getting the talent you need to make the team better because they don't want to play for a team that gets embarrassed on national tv.

- New defensive coordinator immediately. Or Bo.

- Remove Ross Els from special teams immediately and tell him to coach linebackers and only linebackers.

- Appoint a special teams coach

- FInd the team a psychologist. Or two. Or five.

If you are going to fire the DC, then you are firing Bo because all Paps is doing is signaling in what Bo is calling.

- New defensive coordinator immediately. Or Bo.

- Remove Ross Els from special teams immediately and tell him to coach linebackers and only linebackers.

- Appoint a special teams coach

- FInd the team a psychologist. Or two. Or five.

If you are going to fire the DC, then you are firing Bo because all Paps is doing is signaling in what Bo is calling.

The argument is we could use a guy who is more than that, in that position. He'd have to be a good recruiter and be on the same page as Bo, though, while still being able to offer fresh insights of his own and give Bo more room to be an HC.

2008 - 38

2009 - 52

2010 - 39

2011 - 26

2012 - 36 (current)

problem is knapp that you won't be getting the talent you need to make the team better because they don't want to play for a team that gets embarrassed on national tv.

And NU didn't have losing seasons in two of the last three years before he got here...2004 and 2007 are not that close together. NU was in the CCG in 2006.

Firing a guy who just went 11-3 or 10-4 and won his division would put the Nebraska football in the dumps worse than the Callahan era. You don't fire Pelini.

Does he need to change assistant coaches? Probably... It was a pretty bad defense for most of this year, and in three games in particular, they put up some of the worst performances in school history. Obviously, something needs to change. Right now, I'm most tempted to agree with Damon Benning - they need to change the way they practice.

For those of you hoping Bo gets a job in the SEC consider this, No Nebraska coach has EVER left for another school after achieving success here. Do you want NU to turn into stepping stone job? If Pelini leaves and builds a good program at another school, that is exactly how we will be viewed, an average paying, 2nd tier stepping stone college.