Next year's schedule

Our toughest games on the schedule are UCLA and Michigan.

If we can get past them I don't see any reason we aren't 12-0 going into the CCG against a 12-0 OSU with the winner going to the MNC.

I'll have what your having. It's going to take consistent play all year to be 12-0. We've shown we aren't consistent, and losing all these starters we take a step back which in turn will lead to more inconsistent play. 8-4

I always see we are going to win 9-10 games next year, every year. That is great. I am glad that makes you happy.

Being embarased on National TV every big game is what matters. It is not the wins or the losses it is how the game is played. You like wins, I like well played games with a team the plays like it cares, coaches that have a slight hint of what is going on.

There is nothing to be proud of this year other than the kids effort most of the time. Our wins are shadows and mirrors on some of them. Not real wins just having the ball bounce the right way. I know it takes luck to win, but you can not count it day in and day out. See Wisconsin.

Keeping someone that wins ten games is great, if you like the real results. Well played, in control, know what they are doing when on the field.

We have the 9-10 wins a year, but we have no development of the team in the last 5 years. Same crap different year.

We need help and fast. Georgia kicks the crap out of us, wave goodbye to any real recruiting wins.

I think the young LB's and young defensive lineman will actually be an upgrade from the ones we had this year. Rose, Brown, Afalava, Curry, Valentine, McMullen, Moss, Anderson (if his knee heals properly) will all be upgrades in overall athletic ability.

Agree! They might have a hard time adjusting to Bo's ridiculously complex defensive system, but at least we should have better athletes on the field.

Well apparently Lavonte didn't "get" the scheme either, and we all know how he turned out.

Fisher, Compton and Whaley might have been the slowest group of LB's we've had in a long time, I won't be sad to see them go.

I agree with all of this. Really hoping the young guys we have yet to see are going to turn some heads immediately. It's not out of the realm of possibility. Also, Coimpton, Whaley, and Fisher were slow, no doubt. But they were very bright, hard working guys and they deserve a lot of credit and respect. I agree the younger LB's appear far more talented athletically. Let's just hope those young guys picked up on the work ethic of the 3 names above.

Our toughest games on the schedule are UCLA and Michigan.

If we can get past them I don't see any reason we aren't 12-0 going into the CCG against a 12-0 OSU with the winner going to the MNC.

Don't worry...Bo will find a way to Pelini your 12-0 into a 9-3.

I always see we are going to win 9-10 games next year, every year. That is great. I am glad that makes you happy.

Being embarased on National TV every big game is what matters. It is not the wins or the losses it is how the game is played. You like wins, I like well played games with a team the plays like it cares, coaches that have a slight hint of what is going on.

There is nothing to be proud of this year other than the kids effort most of the time. Our wins are shadows and mirrors on some of them. Not real wins just having the ball bounce the right way. I know it takes luck to win, but you can not count it day in and day out. See Wisconsin.

Keeping someone that wins ten games is great, if you like the real results. Well played, in control, know what they are doing when on the field.

We have the 9-10 wins a year, but we have no development of the team in the last 5 years. Same crap different year.

We need help and fast. Georgia kicks the crap out of us, wave goodbye to any real recruiting wins.

This. When minnesota, Iowa, northwestern, indiana, illinois, purdue, a dismantled penn state, and 4 pud non conference games are on the schedule of course Nebraska will win 9 games a year, with a win vs Michigan, OSU, Wisconsin, MSU every now and then. But it needs to be more than that. With the schedule we have next year, as a Nebraska fan, we should be able to look at it and accept nothing less than 12-0 going into the CCG against most likely OSU. Now obviously that won't happen, but we need to get back to at least making a solid run every year without finding a way to F it up. I was sold this was the year, and then Wisconsin brought me back to reality. Bo has had 4 or more losses every year here. It's great that he is consistent, don't get me wrong im glad we are winning 9 games a year compared to 7 or 8. But it comes down to everyone craving to become prominent again, show up in big games, and make a natty champ run every 3 or 4 years, and that just isn't happening. If we were ever going to make it over the hump with Bo, this was the year, and it didn't happen, and it won't happen.

With a ridiculously hard schedule, we went 10-2 this year.

We drop OSU and Wisconsin and pick up Illinois and Purdue.

We get UCLA at home.

We have EIGHT games at home.

I think we should go 12-0.

I think we probably will go 11-1, and we will play OSU in Indy.

we will win the CCG next year.

Probably not...but I'm not sure I'd feel really great about doing it playing a weak schedule and then getting murdered in a BCS Bowl game.

Having a good team is a little different than having things handed to you.

We get UCLA at home.

Ridiculously hard? I don't think I'd go that far. I bet we didn't break the top quarter in strength of schedule among the country. We do play in the Big Ten though. It would take effort to lose 3 conference games, even when given the toughest schedule they can.

4 loses though. Every year. If we finish hot and with only 2 regular season losses then we get to be beaten in the CCG and top tier bowl game. If struggle and go 8-4, then we will draw an easy bowl game. 4 losses, no matter what.

We get UCLA at home.

Ridiculously hard? I don't think I'd go that far. I bet we didn't break the top quarter in strength of schedule among the country. We do play in the Big Ten though. It would take effort to lose 3 conference games, even when given the toughest schedule they can.

4 loses though. Every year. If we finish hot and with only 2 regular season losses then we get to be beaten in the CCG and top tier bowl game. If struggle and go 8-4, then we will draw an easy bowl game. 4 losses, no matter what.

Actually, according to Sipple we were ranked 11th in the country in terms of schedule strength.

Having said that, I don't know how anyone can expect to be 12-0 or 11-1. This coaching staff has shown that we cannot win the big games. Next year's schedule is considerably easier than this year, but UCLA and Mich will likely both be primetime games. AND, by the time we get to the Mich game, we will likely be in control of our own destiny as far as the Legends, and we all know how that ends up with this team. And all of that is without mentioning Northwestern who will be very dangerous next year

Our schedule was not anywhere close to as difficult as people seem to believe. We played three teams currently ranked: UCLA, Ohio St. and Michigan. We beat Michigan when they played the worst QB in FBS, Penn State was decent and the rest were average to terrible (Rothman ranks USM as the worst team in FBS). Despite this, we were a handful of crazy plays away from being 7-5. Two of our losses were all-around embarrassing. The other was defensively embarrassing (most yards given up in the history of the program). Largest average margin of defeat in at least 50 years, maybe ever.

Hopefully Bo realizes there are issues and takes serious steps to fix them. He strikes me as too stubborn to do this, but I hope I'm wrong.