VolQuest Reporting That Bo Has Reached Out to Tennessee

Bo wants out. Tried to tell everyone in a thread on the main board, got deleted. Oh well, not everyone can hear what's really going on with the program.

That's not the problem, people are willing to listen to it here in rumorville. You have nothing concrete to prove what you are saying do you? You can't just post something like that without some proof on the main board, you'll get flamed to death for it. If you've heard something you might as well spill the beans in this thread and we'll see where it goes. Cause right now NO ONE has heard anything concrete.

So if Bo goes does he take the entire staff? Personally, I would like to see some gone and some stay. This taking into account the no one in their right mind would fire a 10 win coach.

Having to hire a completely new staff would go a long way in killing any hope of a good recruit class coming in.

If Beck left then maybe Martinez might hold some kind of record by playing for 3 different OC's in a career.

No need for people to act like idiots. Believe what you want. That's the beauty of boards like this. Pelini was in at Arkansas, offer pulled after the B1G championship game. Some may think it sounds ridiculous, but others reporting this are true. He just wants to get out of Lincoln and away from this program

No need for people to act like idiots. Believe what you want. That's the beauty of boards like this. Pelini was in at Arkansas, offer pulled after the B1G championship game. Some may think it sounds ridiculous, but others reporting this are true. He just wants to get out of Lincoln and away from this program

I'm neutral on this whole Bo thing, but what is your reasoning to believe this? Do you know/read something we don't know?

Know people at the University. I'm not guaranteeing he leave, doesn't leave, whatever. Sometimes when you want out, if you can't find anything better you will stay where you are. I'm a Bo guy, believe he can get it done. But it has been made obvious to people around the program that if he can get out, he will.

Know people at the University. I'm not guaranteeing he leave, doesn't leave, whatever. Sometimes when you want out, if you can't find anything better you will stay where you are. I'm a Bo guy, believe he can get it done. But it has been made obvious to people around the program that if he can get out, he will.

tumblr_lqlq2uUJ4s1qkmpj8o1_500.gif

I have no reason to doubt or believe your statement. Being "new" to the board, I can't tell if you are a person "in the know" or just another guy with an opinion. Both are ok.... Personally, I think Bo would be happier somewhere else, but I have been around coaching my entire life, and my family works within the Nebraska family (doesn't make me know anything more or less) than anyone else.

But, I have an extremely hard time believing that Bo had the Arky job "sealed" until the Big 10 game. I laugh at the idea of a D-I school ....SEC at that...operating on the premise that "we will just take the 'winner' of the game. If you hire someone, you don't pull the offer base on one game. It is an entire process. And furthermore, to turn around and give it to the opposing coach, is just NOT how this whole thing works.

Once again, you may be exactly right, but man, I am sorry, I can not sucsribe to that theory, and almost find it comical that anyone woud believe that this type of "play-off" for a coach actually takes place.

tumblr_lqlq2uUJ4s1qkmpj8o1_500.gif

I remember in 2010 when everybody "knew people at the University" that said the day after the A&M game that Taylor had packed up his stuff, ran back to Cali. with his Daddy, and they were looking at schools to transfer to.

i'm convinced this is the best possible time for him to go - if he is going to go. We have 2 very capable AD's sitting in that office right now. Connections galore. The Arkansas job is filled, Wisconsin/Cal are not better jobs - that leaves Auburn as the only other school we'd be competing with for coaches at this point. Who knows that the field will look like next year. (or in 4-5 weeks) If his exit is inevitable (which the more time goes by the more I'm beginning to think it is) - I'm hoping it happens soon.

Auburn hired Gus Malzahn.

even better

...call me curious about the possibility of Moglia ending up as our coach - taking a much smaller salary (he doesn't need it) and dividing up the other 2-4 million among 6-8 of the best assistants money can buy.

...think what we'd have if our lowest assistant was bringing in 500k/year? i'm convinced (as I've laid out multiple times here) - the recipe for Nebraska getting back to the elite is not a top notch head coach...they are just the CEO/tactician...it's landing the best supporting staff in the NCAA then delegating appropriately. (2 things Bo hasn't yet done)

I think the changing landscape of college football has morphed into a new norm. We were good at Nebraska in the 90's I believe because of the tenure of our assistant coaches. Not so much pay, but we were a finely lubed machine. Salaries have replaced this now. So I agree, you have to go all NY Yankees with your assistants then maybe, like any finely run system, it will run its self when one goes down. If you think about it, since college players don't get paid; the assistants have become the College Football "new" free agency. Borderline unethical. But, IMHO I think the networks, ratings, & cash is corrupting the fans interpretation of what "college football" is about. Almost using the same formula in politics as to what networks spotlight during games.

You ALWAYS used to hear the announcers mentioned how long assistants and such had been at a school (Loyalty) and how many Academic All Americans a team had. Nowadays, you don't hear much at all about anything academically during games. At least, not like in the 80's and early 90's. Back in the day, alot of smart, GOOD players would come to Nebraska instead of maybe a Ivy League school because of the academic standards. We didn't have to sell Nebraska. But, unfortunately now we have to try to recruit to make it look like Nebraska is just like USC and such, Instead of knowing why you were coming to Nebraska: To get a good degree by graduating and maybe go to the NFL.

Now, those priorities have changed across the CF landscape where the media through culture, implants in recriuits heads that winning/FAME and going to the NFL is more important than a good degree and being a man of reputable character. I like to call it the KOBE Syndrome. But, getting the best money can buy coupled with a culture of education first can outdo conferences like the SEC that put more emphasis on athletic talent than they do scholastic standards. How about assistant contracts minimum of ten years based on performance, almost a profit sharing concept, to motivate them more at the long term job other than the one hit wonder to get a HUGE "record deal" from another school.

How about EQUAL PAY FOR ALL COACHES ? :sarcasm Putting peer reviewed system in place where the "cardinals" have to choose the Coach? Having the coaches dictate the "coaching culture" instead of the ratings, TV dollars, and networks.

I mean College is suppose to be about EDUCATION, not football. Either way the dilemma will always be the slow nickel or the fast dime theory. College Football today was birthed out of Nebraska being the standard. It is time for Nebraska to make a NEW STANDARD for college football :bonesflag:

i dont understand why a coach who is winning 9 plus games a season since his start, is such a hated figure by fans...people make a point to say it would be impossible to fill his position because coaching on pins and needles is far from a dream job, no matter how far the "checkbook" is open. you dont like him or you do, how about just being a faithful fan and supporting a team, win or lose. if the guy wants to leave, i guess you cant blame him..

I've said this every year his name comes up during the carousel month. If Bo isn't happy here, then I'm okay with him looking for another job. I like Bo. Always have. Wild mood swings, be damned. Having said that, I too, want someone that wants to be here. If Bo is just biding his time in hopes of landing elsewhere, then it's time our AD step in and help him land somewhere else. It'd be in everyone's best interest.

I'd +100 if I could on this. These are exactly my sentiments.

Yep. I used the only one I could on it too. Could not have summed up my thoughts any better.

It would have been like 6 long, dragging, endless paragraphs. And we've all seen enough of those :lol: (Unfortunately, there will be more to come. Try as I might, succinct expression just continues to elude me.)

*One note: I thought Eichorst coming in could lead us down this path. Wouldn't have bet on it, wasn't even strongly suspecting Pelini may not be the guy going forward after Tom stepped aside...it was more of a whisper in the back of my mind that I filed away. I don't want Bo to leave, but...well...Nexus already said it.