Offensive stats

Seiously, how can anyone blame these blowouts on the offense?! I'm sure martinez doesn't have 200 tackles so he sucks! If the offense scores 30 points we shouldn't lose a single game if the d is doing their job. I honestly question if some people watch the games or even know how the game is played when they question the o for the defenses problems!

I thought the title of the thread was about the defense. Now I see it is about the offense.

Seiously, how can anyone blame these blowouts on the offense?! I'm sure martinez doesn't have 200 tackles so he sucks! If the offense scores 30 points we shouldn't lose a single game if the d is doing their job. I honestly question if some people watch the games or even know how the game is played when they question the o for the defenses problems!

Because we won't have any logic in these threads. That and I've said before people would complain even if we had Chip Kelly as an OC.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

When was the last time we had...

A trio of receivers as good as Kenny, Quincy, & Jamal?

A stable of running backs with as much talent as Ameer, Braylon, & Imani?

A quarterback that can beat you with his feet, but can also beat you throwing the ball?

I can't think of any offense with this much firepower since TO called it quits.

If we had a capable, consistant offensive line and was somehow able to limit the turnovers, we would be unstoppable.

Woulda Coulda Shoulda.

Ref fumbles:

As a team

2010 45 fumbles 16 lost Tied 117 in nation),

2011 32 fumbles 11 lost (tied 61 in the nation)

2012 34 fumbles 21 lost (tied 123 in nation) In 2010 and 2012 dead last or one up from dead last.

http://www.cfbstats....y17/sort01.html

Martinez 2012-16 fumbles (leads nations)

Martinez 2011-13 fumbles (leads nation)

Martinez 2010-16 fumbles (leads nation)

http://www.teamranki...er-stat/fumbles

We truly have some fumbling issues. Wow. Didn't know we were that bad overall.

I agree, the losses are not all on Beck, but I will say had we stuck to the run in UCLA it would have gotten us a win.

I really think against Wisky in the CCG, he was completely lost form start to finish and had no real answer.

Even though we have had great production from our RB's I question why we haven't seen more of Heard and Cross. With a trio (Rex injury) being this good why we didn't ride all 3 all season.

IMO, he is a lot like Martinez, brilliant in one instance and then has me cursing the next. Consistency is the key. Will Beck develop this? All signs point to yes. Does NU wait a few more years for it to all come together? I do not know.

Regarding those teamranking.com fumble stats, why do they have defensive players listed in that stat? #21 in the country is Shawn Petty, a LB from Maryland. They have a DB and a DL listed a little below that. I don't think that's measuring actual fumbles.

Regardless, whether Taylor leads the nation in fumbles or not, we can all agree he needs to clean that up. It's messing with him a little bit - he got body-slammed by Borland because he ran into the guy straight up, slowing down, arms wrapped around the ball to ensure he didn't lose it. That over-concern with turnovers could have earned him a separated shoulder. Overall better ball security is necessary to prevent those kinds of hits.

I went back through the stats and found that Taylor has 16 total fumbles (which they had on teamranking.com) and he's lost 8 of those 16. The team as a whole has lost 20 fumbles, so Taylor is responsible for 40% of our lost fumbles. He's also thrown ten picks, so that's 18 of the 30 turnovers we've had that he's responsible for (although at least one INT, the first one for the TD in the CCG, was Bell's fault).

While lurking on huskermax just now I came across some interesting stats.

When was the last time we had 6000 yards of offense in a season?

When was the last time we had 2 1000 yard rushers? (Martinez is 27 yards away)

When was the last time we had a 2500 yard passer and a 1000 yard rusher?

When was the last time we had our top 5 rushers over 5 ypc?

When was the last time we went over 3000 yards rushing in a season?

Crazy thing is that the offense could be even more crazy next year (combination of weaker schedule and how many people we have coming next year).

Here's to Beck and the offense. :wasted

tumblr_lv73979D7R1r13j87.gif

Martinez 2012-16 fumbles (leads nations)

Martinez 2011-13 fumbles (leads nation)

Martinez 2010-16 fumbles (leads nation)

http://www.teamranki...er-stat/fumbles

If Taylor continues this trend, he would lead the nation for 4 years in a row. Not that I'm a statistician or anything, but has any college player led the nation in a single stat for 4 years in a row?

actually led multiple nations this year

• Fire 1

I went back through the stats and found that Taylor has 16 total fumbles (which they had on teamranking.com) and he's lost 8 of those 16. The team as a whole has lost 20 fumbles, so Taylor is responsible for 40% of our lost fumbles. He's also thrown ten picks, so that's 18 of the 30 turnovers we've had that he's responsible for (although at least one INT, the first one for the TD in the CCG, was Bell's fault).

Well if we're going to do that maybe we shouldn't count the 2 or 3 times he got blindsided when passing and give those fumbles to the line. Then we can give him a -1 for picking up Ameer's fumble and getting a first down in the first Wisconsin game. So he really has 12 fumbles (4 lost) and 9 picks. Not too shabby.

You could blame this offense for the losses all you want, but we all know that defense wins championships. Point fingers, let Beck be the escape goat and keep lying to yourselves. Its quite sad how fast someone is to throw Beck under the bus and not once has Papuchis' name came out once in this thread. Fumbles are an issue, but not many of them went to the house, actually none of them did. Sure they gave good field advantage, but there is a difference between allowing 3 or 6(+1) points.