Offensive stats

While lurking on huskermax just now I came across some interesting stats.

When was the last time we had 6000 yards of offense in a season?

When was the last time we had 2 1000 yard rushers? (Martinez is 27 yards away)

When was the last time we had a 2500 yard passer and a 1000 yard rusher?

When was the last time we had our top 5 rushers over 5 ypc?

When was the last time we went over 3000 yards rushing in a season?

Crazy thing is that the offense could be even more crazy next year (combination of weaker schedule and how many people we have coming next year).

Here's to Beck and the offense. :wasted

When was the last time an NU QB led the nation in fumbles 3 years in a row?

Great stats, but I still look at our blow out losses, inability to develop a game plan to counter a D and going into "pee myself mode".

Beck has a lot more to show before he will be up there as a great OC IMO.

Where did we find out Martinez leads the country in fumbles? I can never find a reliable fumble stat source. If you've got one, share.

As far as Beck, with all of those turnovers, it's pretty damned impressive that he's got an offense with these national ranks:

Rushing Offense - 8

Pass Efficiency Offense - 44

Scoring Offense - 28

Total Offense - 24

And that's against the #32 SOS in the country according to Sagarin, and the #11 SOS according to the NCAA.

Beck's offense isn't perfect and he should take some blame for our problems this year. But the VAAAAAAAAAST majority of the reason we lost three games in epic blowout fashion lays at the feet of the defense. Not Beck's offense.

Seiously, how can anyone blame these blowouts on the offense?! I'm sure martinez doesn't have 200 tackles so he sucks! If the offense scores 30 points we shouldn't lose a single game if the d is doing their job. I honestly question if some people watch the games or even know how the game is played when they question the o for the defenses problems!

Seiously, how can anyone blame these blowouts on the offense?! I'm sure martinez doesn't have 200 tackles so he sucks! If the offense scores 30 points we shouldn't lose a single game if the d is doing their job. I honestly question if some people watch the games or even know how the game is played when they question the o for the defenses problems!

Because we won't have any logic in these threads. That and I've said before people would complain even if we had Chip Kelly as an OC.

With all due respect, you don't have 5 different running backs averaging more than 5 yards a carry without a "real" offensive line, no matter how much room you see for improvement.

I'm fine with Beck, and pretty excited about all the skill players who stepped up this season and return next season.

Turnovers are just insane and have to stop. We need work on third down conversions and red zone scoring, too. The offensive stats don't quite add up on the scoreboard yet.

I think we'll get there. Offensive playcalling is way down the list of this team's concerns.

When was the last time an NU QB led the nation in fumbles 3 years in a row?

Great stats, but I still look at our blow out losses, inability to develop a game plan to counter a D and going into "pee myself mode".

Beck has a lot more to show before he will be up there as a great OC IMO.

Where did we find out Martinez leads the country in fumbles? I can never find a reliable fumble stat source. If you've got one, share.

As far as Beck, with all of those turnovers, it's pretty damned impressive that he's got an offense with these national ranks:

Rushing Offense - 8

Pass Efficiency Offense - 44

Scoring Offense - 28

Total Offense - 24

And that's against the #32 SOS in the country according to Sagarin, and the #11 SOS according to the NCAA.

Beck's offense isn't perfect and he should take some blame for our problems this year. But the VAAAAAAAAAST majority of the reason we lost three games in epic blowout fashion lays at the feet of the defense. Not Beck's offense.

Ref fumbles:

As a team

2010 45 fumbles 16 lost Tied 117 in nation),

2011 32 fumbles 11 lost (tied 61 in the nation)

2012 34 fumbles 21 lost (tied 123 in nation) In 2010 and 2012 dead last or one up from dead last.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/leader/national/team/offense/split01/category17/sort01.html

Martinez 2012-16 fumbles (leads nations)

Martinez 2011-13 fumbles (leads nation)

Martinez 2010-16 fumbles (leads nation)

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player-stat/fumbles

We truly have some fumbling issues. Wow. Didn't know we were that bad overall.

I agree, the losses are not all on Beck, but I will say had we stuck to the run in UCLA it would have gotten us a win.

I really think against Wisky in the CCG, he was completely lost form start to finish and had no real answer.

Even though we have had great production from our RB's I question why we haven't seen more of Heard and Cross. With a trio (Rex injury) being this good why we didn't ride all 3 all season.

IMO, he is a lot like Martinez, brilliant in one instance and then has me cursing the next. Consistency is the key. Will Beck develop this? All signs point to yes. Does NU wait a few more years for it to all come together? I do not know.

Our offensive line was really good over the course of the season. Let's not start pretending they weren't because they had a really bad conference championship game. Pretty much every position group had a really bad conference championship game. That's on the entire coaching staff.

Even still, we had 460 yards total offense and 6.3 yards per carry in the CCG.