Predict the 2013 season

KJ.

I wouldn't be shocked if we enter the B1G title game undefeated and with a top ten ranking. Most things look to be in our favor for next year.

But I just see another Conference title loss, should we happen to make it that far.

No, we will get taken to the shed. Manny Bob assured me that we would, so it has to be true

Going game by game:

Wyoming--W

Southern Miss--W

UCLA--W

SDSU--W

Illinois--W

@ Purdue--W

@ Minnesota--W

Northwestern--W/L

@ Michigan--W/L

Michigan State--W

@ Penn State--W

Iowa--W

Right now, I'd say the Northwestern game is a 50/50 game in our favor and the Michigan game is a 50/50 game in favor of the Wolverines. That being said, we are going to be winning or in every one of our games next year and should be in the hunt. It could very well be that an undefeated Nebraska faces an undefeated Ohio State in the B1G, to go to the MNC

How can a team have an edge over the other if it's 50/50? ;) I actually agree with everything you said. I feel pretty good about next year.

an easier schedule will make us look better, but we wont really be. easy schedules make you soft. we probably wont be as mentally tough as this year...when we finally play someone good, it will be on natl tv and could be a a loss...(kinda like the 80's)i just dont see anything changing...top 20ish with an occasional run higher...and lower.

9-3 or 10-2 the offense should be just as good if not better and even if the defense is just as bad we could still have just as good of a year because of the schedule, IF the defense can get back to being respectable and the redshirt freshman turn into studs in a hurry the skys the limit for this team maybe like 11-1 good

People saying we lose to Penn State..... They won't be anywhere near as good as they were this season. Mark my words. The best thing about their team is their LBs, and I'm assuming they will lose them to the draft this off-season, as well as McGloin. They won't be very good next year.

People saying we lose to Penn State..... They won't be anywhere near as good as they were this season. Mark my words. The best thing about their team is their LBs, and I'm assuming they will lose them to the draft this off-season, as well as McGloin. They won't be very good next year.

Agreed. PSUcks will get caught by sanctions next year. They are going to be terrible.

I would say 10-2. I don't see us losing the non-conference games. Who knows if we make the conference championship game. That will depend on how good Michigan and Northwestern will be....also MSU.

Wyoming - Win

Southern Miss - Win

UCLA - tough game

SDSU - Win

Anything worse than 3-1 would be disappointing.

IL - Win

Purdue - Win

MN - Win, but should be a tougher game than IL and Purdue

MI - Tough game

MSU - Tough game

PSU - Tough game

IA - Win, but should be a tough game

So anything less than 9-3 would be disappointing. 10-2 is what I think the record will be.

Like we all know, we need a better defense to win a championship. The offense will be loaded, but we need better OL play.

9-3 or 10-2 the offense should be just as good if not better and even if the defense is just as bad we could still have just as good of a year because of the schedule, IF the defense can get back to being respectable and the redshirt freshman turn into studs in a hurry the skys the limit for this team maybe like 11-1 good

9-3 against that easy schedule is a disappoitment.

I think next year could be really good ( 2 or less losses) or really bad (5 or more losses). If Bo sticks with the same defensive scheme and the 8 senior starters were really the best players, then next year's defense will be one of the worst in NU's history. If the scheme is simplified so the athletic underclassmen can get on the field and attach then next year's D could be really good.

I am really concerned about special teams. Bo has never seemed to have good kick coverage or kick returning. Great kickers have made SP serviceable. How good will the kickers be next year?

My wild guess for next year

Wyoming--W

Southern Miss--W

UCLA--L

SDSU--W

Illinois--W

@ Purdue--W

@ Minnesota--W

Northwestern--W

@ Michigan--L

Michigan State--W

@ Penn State--L