SIGNED OT Dwayne Johnson

It sounds like his family, whom seem to be weighing heavily in the decision ( Uncle is doing the interviews now) want him at Arky. There seems to be a thought that he'd like to be N but is getting the pre$$ure to choose the other way. 50/50 toss up as he himself isn't taking calls from the media.

Agreed. The trigger was pulled on his visit but family strongly encouraged him to look at Arky.

Well that is kind of discouraging. Not a good track record with recruits who are being tugged the other way by the familly. I'm going to try to keep this positive though. We have to buck the trend sometime. Why not now? After all he did give his vist a 15. Sounds like he loved it here enough to possibly go against his families wishes. Come on Dwayne. Don't run away from your feelings! (said in my best Chris Farley voice)

Westerkamp did go against his mom's will. However, we haven't had as much with Texas boys. See Tevin Mitchell, who ironically chose Arkansas.

Ironically enough as well, Westerkamp's family now loves it in Lincoln.

Who doesn't?

It sounds like his family, whom seem to be weighing heavily in the decision ( Uncle is doing the interviews now) want him at Arky. There seems to be a thought that he'd like to be N but is getting the pre$$ure to choose the other way. 50/50 toss up as he himself isn't taking calls from the media.

I have no idea how the Johnson family works and mean no disrespect to them, but I always get nervous when someone other than immediate family gets involved.

I have no idea how the Johnson family works and mean no disrespect to them, but I always get nervous when someone other than immediate family gets involved.

It is the immediate family. The uncle is the spokesman I guess. Like I said, pulled the trigger

Yep this seems to be the consensus now. Can't believe they won't let the kid make his own decision.

It is the immediate family. The uncle is the spokesman I guess. Like I said, pulled the trigger

Are you saying its a done deal he's Arky??

Are you saying its a done deal he's Arky??

No to DONU on his official

Yep this seems to be the consensus now. Can't believe they won't let the kid make his own decision.

He's not picking Nebraska, so now it's his family and dirty money forcing him the other way? Sorry - is there anything to substantiate that?

I'll be interesting to see what happens. If the family has THIS big of say in his choice, why even visit NU if the family "wants" you at Arkansas?

Were any other family present on the visit? Doubt they would've been more impressed with Ark than NU. I'm guessing (for the family) this is a proximatey to home situation or the dreaded $.