Top 2014 targets in the roughly 400 mile radius (updated 2/25/2013)

Talking about the Kansas schools....I don't hear much about the Shawnee Mission schools producing 4 and 5 star athletes. I lived there in the early 70's and several of their players were always at the top of everyones list. Now it seems Blue Springs, Olathe and Gardner have taken over. I know those cities have exploded populationwise in the last 25 years but where did the Shawnee Mission players go?

Talking about the Kansas schools....I don't hear much about the Shawnee Mission schools producing 4 and 5 star athletes. I lived there in the early 70's and several of their players were always at the top of everyones list. Now it seems Blue Springs, Olathe and Gardner have taken over. I know those cities have exploded populationwise in the last 25 years but where did the Shawnee Mission players go?

A good friend of mine is the d-coordinator for on of the shawnee schools (won't say which). He talks about the change in the type of kids there over the last decade or so. The demographic of KC has shifted dramatically since the 70's as well. Even since the 90's. The Blue Springs, Olathe, Gardner, and Overland Park probably totaled 100k for population back then. Today OP is something like 250k, Olathe similar. Gardner was 2k in the 70's, 4k in the early 90's...something like 20k today. KC shifted south, and with it the talent.

There's some pretty good coaching down here as well. Not Texas style - but Gardner gave Marvin Diener well over 100k/year and gave his wife a job to get him out of Salina. He immediately put together one hell of a pee-wee league and it's finally starting to pay off as those kids are just now reaching HS. It starts in 5th grade, and he knew that.

If this is true and I'm not doubting you, the answer is pretty obvious. I'm not aware of any football coach in Nebraska that makes anything even approaching this amount. A school district would be making a serious committment to football to pay this much money to one coach. I would almost think boosters would have to be picking up a good share of his salary. How would they get around Title 9 requirements and not have to pay an equal amount to girls sports teams?

They throw the Athletic Director title with it and you're good to go. And Gardner football is unlike any other place in KC in my opinion. Bubba is a big part of that. The last 8-10 years it's exploded.

There's some pretty good coaching down here as well. Not Texas style - but Gardner gave Marvin Diener well over 100k/year and gave his wife a job to get him out of Salina. He immediately put together one hell of a pee-wee league and it's finally starting to pay off as those kids are just now reaching HS. It starts in 5th grade, and he knew that.

If this is true and I'm not doubting you, the answer is pretty obvious. I'm not aware of any football coach in Nebraska that makes anything even approaching this amount. A school district would be making a serious committment to football to pay this much money to one coach. I would almost think boosters would have to be picking up a good share of his salary. How would they get around Title 9 requirements and not have to pay an equal amount to girls sports teams?

They throw the Athletic Director title with it and you're good to go. And Gardner football is unlike any other place in KC in my opinion. Bubba is a big part of that. The last 8-10 years it's exploded.

Which im proud to say my team beat Gardner at Gardner this year. They just got a new stadium this year it's very nice.

Back then you only had one school in Olathe. Which later became Olathe North. Then you now have Olathe North, Olathe South, Olathe East, And Olathe Northwest. I don't think to many kids come from Blue Springs but I know the Blue Valley schools also produce a lot of talent. Bishop Miege produces a lot of talent as well.

I will be updating the list tonight. There is another 4-star Missouri guy to add to the list that has us as a heavy favorite.

Do tell.

You will see the details when I update the list. I will be updating the list on a weekly basis if there is anything new to add. This player was a Junior All-American hybrid (DE/OLB) type. Just check back later tonight.