Top 2014 targets in the roughly 400 mile radius (updated 2/25/2013)

Here is a list of the top ranked players that are roughly 400 miles away or closer to Lincoln, Nebraska. Nebraska is already targeting the majority of the players on my list. Several of the players are highly ranked. I do not have the players from the state of Nebraska listed as my list focuses on players from outside the state boarders that fit into the roughly 400 mile radius.

The list is based off offers and rankings as of 2/10/2013. The players on the list that have an offer from Nebraska (to my best knowledge) are in bold.

Colorado

4-Star running back Christian McCaffrey; Offers from 13 schools. No Offer from Nebraska yet.

4- Star OT Sam Jones - Offers from Oregon, Colorado State, Wyoming, and Colorado.

4-Star center

- top ranked center in the country according to Scout.com. Offers from Wyoming and Arizona. He is on Nebraska's radar.

4-Star ATH Kalen Ballage. Nebraska has offered.

Minnesota

4-Star running back Jeff Jones. One of the top ranked running backs in the country. Committed to MN. #7 RB in the country (as of 2/10/2013)

3-Star OT Frank Ragnow. On Nebraska's radar. Offer from MN.

Iowa

4-Star ATH Jay Scheel. I know he wants to play QB in college and some teams want him to play WR. Committed to Iowa.

4-Star OT Ross Pierschbacher. Committed to Iowa. #7 rated OT in the country as of 2/10/2013.

4-Star ATH Allan Lazzard. Committed to Iowa State.

Missouri

4-Star OT Andy Bauer. Offers from 34 schools. #8 rated OT in the country as of 2/10/2013. Looks to be fixated on playing in the SEC and nowhere else.

4-Star OT Roderick Johnson. Offers from Texas A&M, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Missouri. #9 rated OT in the country as of 2/10/2013.

4-Star RB Dalvin Warmack. Offer from Toledo. Size could be a hindrance in his recruiting, but some school will take him.

4-Star OLB Elijah Lee. Nebraska is among his top two schools. Attended Junior Day at Nebraska. #27 ranked OLB in the country as of 2/10/2013. Nebraska leads. Looks like no offer yet, however.

3-Star RB Markel Smith. Committed to Missouri.

4-star QB Rafe Peavey. Committed to Arkansas. #9 Dual Threat QB in the country as of 2/10/2013.

3-Star OT Brian Wallace. Offers from Nebraska, Missouri, Indiana, and Iowa.

3-Star DE Jonathan Bonner. #30 ranked strong side defensive end in the country. No offers. Flying under the radar.

3-Star OLB Jimmie Swain. Offers from Iowa and Kansas and shows interest in Nebraska. Rated as the #36 ranked OLB in the country as of 2/19/2013.

3-Star OLB Grant Jones. Offer from Missouri. Ranked as the #47th OLB in the country as of 2/19/2013.

Kansas

4- Star DT

. Offers from 23 schools. Top 5 "warm" schools as of 2/10/2013 are: Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State, South Carolina, N.C. State. #11 rated DT as of 2/10/2013.

5-Star OG Braden Smith. Offers from 16 schools. #1 rated OG in the country (as of 2/10/2013). Current Top 5 "warm" teams are: Nebraska, Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, TCU (as of 2/10/2013)

4-Star Dual QB

. Offers from Nebraska, MN, and Iowa. #11 ranked DUAL QB in the country as of 2/10/2013.

4-Star RB Traevohn Wrench. Offers from Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Michigan State and Missouri. #23 ranked RB in the country as of 2/10/2013.

3-Star TE Deandre Goolsby. #17 ranked TE in the country as of 2/13/2013. Offers from Kansas, Kansas State, Arkansas.

• Fire 8

There's some pretty good coaching down here as well. Not Texas style - but Gardner gave Marvin Diener well over 100k/year and gave his wife a job to get him out of Salina. He immediately put together one hell of a pee-wee league and it's finally starting to pay off as those kids are just now reaching HS. It starts in 5th grade, and he knew that.

Nebraska can always pillage the Overland Park area. Some good football throughout the KC metro. Just since I was in high school: Lance Brandenburgh, Blake Lawrence (Blake's brother was backup QB on KU's Orange Bowl team), Kyler Reed, and Bubba was just down the road.

There's some pretty good coaching down here as well. Not Texas style - but Gardner gave Marvin Diener well over 100k/year and gave his wife a job to get him out of Salina. He immediately put together one hell of a pee-wee league and it's finally starting to pay off as those kids are just now reaching HS. It starts in 5th grade, and he knew that.

If this is true and I'm not doubting you, the answer is pretty obvious. I'm not aware of any football coach in Nebraska that makes anything even approaching this amount. A school district would be making a serious committment to football to pay this much money to one coach. I would almost think boosters would have to be picking up a good share of his salary. How would they get around Title 9 requirements and not have to pay an equal amount to girls sports teams?